Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

Also bit of theorycraft (that prob was already confirmed and im super late):

What if every time we enter our puppet tiny fragments of our subcontious remain there since no one else is home to take em out they just pile up and form… something tbh that mumbling part really got me wondering

7 Likes

Since the puppet is a comatose person, I believe they may be awakening now, hence the mumbling event, though the fact that the mumbling happens only if you pick specific choices supports your theory

4 Likes

For some reason…I just see our MC losing control of the puppet…causing his mind to split in two…one being the more heroic and good person…while the other becoming the ultimate and evil doing beany footer villain…

2 Likes

Yesssss i actually really want for the puppet to become more self aware! Like when my MC spirals down sooo badly i want my puppet to like be the one who realizes holy shit what have we done and try to get the rangers help (if ur MC wants to be stopped but cant anymore)

11 Likes

I really love this idea. MC becomes so far gone that the only way they save themselves is by seeing the wrong they are doing through the puppet’s eyes and as you said try to get help for MC or something.

It would be interesting to explore any self hate with the eyes of the puppet too but I also wonder if MC can build up a more positive self image about the own self via any MC’s perspective of original self while in puppet body.

4 Likes

Same tho!!! Like the puppets the only one who knows whats happening and just the angst of having a sort of square off between ur conciousness is just amazing!

Also i hope so! Though kinda difficult for my MC since she and her puppet look nothing alike D:

4 Likes

Even with a difference in body the building up of a positive self image could be something along the lines of other qualities, reminders of the lives they saved, the relationships they had etc.

Or if you have romance/friendship with Ortega the reason why they cared about MC in the first place.
But I guess to do that a lot of wounds would have to be healed first and I feel that perhaps that can only be done by the MC addressing what happen to them with the heartbreak incident and the farm.

But instead MC dissociates to deal with the trauma which is so understandable but alas seems to lead to MC’s need to create a villain persona and a need to fulfill the motivation driving said persona. A motivation that was also created by the trauma. Or so that’s my understand.

5 Likes

spot on description! i really think everything is being fueled by both MC’s trauma and the need for either justice/revenge/truth… but yah the trauma heavily influences the MC’s motivation which is delicious especially when ur in ur villain form but God does it lead to so many complications! also YES ortega is really a lifeline of the MC especially whether ur a friend or lover because of ur ties to the past and just God someone really needs to help the MC cuz poor soul needs help.

5 Likes

I have to say the angst in this story is brilliant and I think relatable. I mean how many of us have been screwed over in some form and feel powerless that we want to escape or hurt back.
I really can’t wait to see where it goes in book two.

3 Likes

yes yes yes! i love the angst here which is why its my top 1 fave COG game because the angst, romance, action and everything else is so perfectly blended together? because like its relatable and not pushed on and each motivation can be spot on for each character? and God thats honestly beautiful

3 Likes

IWell…hmmm… thinking with da brain well if I remember correctly there is a theory with the heartbreak villain consance or whatever it’s called…gahh joined together with our MC’s consance which is how our wee little MC is so powerful with his psychological powers… pretty sure that is what it’s called …perhaps if we go far one way the puppet will spilt…like if we are too far on the road to redemption the Heartbreak villas will take over the Puppet body and go through his plans for vengeance…or if the MC is a full blown villain. The good and nice part of him will split and take the Puppet body and attempt to warn the Rangers…hoping bae Ortega will save us… pretty sure I butchered this kek…meh

1 Like

My puppet was really independent and even considered herself a different person at some point.
I was kinda disappointed with the choices in some parts though, despite the puppet being independent there were a lot of choices where you decide for them (like with Mortum, you can say you want to sleep with them as a manipulation which is kinda weird when the puppet had real feelings)

1 Like

yes this!! this is what i want to happen! like my puppet being desperate enough to save them both and just mhmmm angst but also OHHH my god the heart break villain taking over the puppet is actually another route id be all up for and in the end they become the main bad guy XDD lmao that be actually cool but im gunning a happy ending with my puppet and Dr. Mortum so no i cnt go there but the option would be sooo cool like can u imagine ur other conscious was the villain all along???

@Frogs relate i tried to make my puppet incredibly seperate from my MC that when he started crying to the doctor he began spilling out secrets he shouldnt have! but yeah i understand tho tbf the MC has been controlling them for 2 years now i think? so the puppet doesnt have that much independent thought maybe it will be more shown in the next 2 books

edit: whoops forgot that was a spoiler

1 Like

It does make me wonder what can happen alright as right now the heartbreak incident we don’t yet know the full picture. It is also seen from memory dreams which seem to be mixed up in MC head.
It interesting that the “thing” behind it takes the gender of the puppet but it seem it’s eye colour takes the eye colour of the MC.

4 Likes

Dear lord…that would be so amazing…just imagine that…gahh… THE ANGST! Just imagine if your going down the “Love Ortega and redemption path” and imagine you taking “control” of your puppet…yet in reality the HeartBreak Villan is in control…and imagine your Puppet telling Steel, Argent or even better the queen of Angst…Ortega herself who this secret villan is mmmm…

7 Likes

I hope in the next book I will be able to reveal myself to Ortega(after some romance scenes) in a big fight! The thought puts a smile on my face…
but I will have to cry myself to sleep every night till book 2 comes out :cry::sob:

7 Likes

Yeah I got that scene when the puppet cried too.
I wonder if you can trust Mortum though, they seem to have a lot of secrets .
Also like I said in a post earlier I’d like to see the puppet resist your command for once and refusing to cooperate with you, and maybe even refuse to go to the old body.

If you romanced Ortega on both the puppet and your main body your puppet will also see you as a love rival of some sort.
It could be an interesting conflict

4 Likes

Yes… yes it would… mwahahahaha!!

1 Like

Honestly I want Ortega to be completely devastated :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I can’t wait for book 2…so many predictions…theorys…my person having Blond hair and insulting Herald’s blond hair…mmm gah!!! I needz the angst!

1 Like