Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

IIRC motivation doesn’t matter in this case. just get Ortega suspicious enough.

Y’all know… y’all don’t really know that I hope that my poor poor MC gets to redeem himself in one final act…one final act which might involve saving the Rangers or some innocents before dying insert Darth Vader saving Luke scene

side note…rereading thar first part made me sound rude…didn’t mean for it to sound like that…

4 Likes

When you engage in a mc/ortega/puppet love triangle:

meatme

40 Likes

If this aint the truest meme to be made of this fandom.

22 Likes

Honestly. My mc got pissed when Ortega kissed our puppet even though mc, as the puppet, was the one who initiated the kiss.
Congrats, you played yourself.

the best love triangle amirite?

25 Likes

Hehe~ you are beyond right my bean footed dude :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh my god! I thought i was the only one! Got so freaking mad…

2 Likes

I do get mad, but I am wondering if my MC is doing it on purpose to test Ortega’s loyalty. Since he is a know for dating lots of people.

3 Likes

My MC is thirsty but also a romantic at heart who craves emotional intimacy but then they intentionally make the wrong choices and throw themself into the most godawful angst situations and then they get mad when their actions have the expected consequences.

@mc: ???

Yeah, my MC wants to test Ortega too. They want to see whether Ortega can restrain himself or not. But they’re also mad that there’s a small part of them that isn’t mad about Ortega and puppet’s kiss.

16 Likes

For my MC it’s part this, part “oh god this is so much easier when I don’t have to be myself”
They do enjoy flirting with Ortega as their puppet, because it’s a all the same just without MC’s damn baggage to worry about. But that also makes them sad and more jealous, because part of them wonders “why not me?”.

…it’s complicated and MC is a mess.

17 Likes

God. Absolutely.
I feel like it would be worse if you got the mirror achievement. Because puppet looks like you, but better. Like an upgraded MC V2.0. And Ortega falls for puppet hard and fast and it hurts because you created a puppet in your image who gets to have Ortega but you don’t.

I think I’m taking this entire relationship a bit too personally.

18 Likes

Welcome to wonderland I guess, some of us are here already for a while :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well…MC didn’t create them the player did, but yeah…the similar the looks the weirder it gets.

I always end up giving the puppet a different gender as my MC, so I didn’t even notice the mirror achievement :sweat_smile: (Also…it stretchts a bit my suspension of disbelief that MC would stumble over a puppet that just happens to look so strikingly similar to them. Like finding your clone. I mean, with all that weirdness considering MC and the farm, maybe a mirror puppet could indeed be MC’s clone . But yeah stuff is complicated enough for my MC…

5 Likes

Soooo you know how some people want to destroy Ortega? ummmm I’m a horrible person and was listening to Spotify while rereading again?..I’m kinda sorry?

But I mean, how is Ortega not going to feel anything like this?!

1 Like

Yeah, the player makes the choices ofc XD. But hey if you want to maximize the angst component from the mc’s pov, even if it’s logically implausible to come across such a strikingly familiar puppet without some upper power pulling a few strings, a mirror puppet is the way to go.

I’m putting my mc through as much angst as I can because I crave that sweet, sweet catharsis. I’m aiming for redemption, but dear lord mc has got to suffer.

2 Likes

@anyone seeking a rivalmance: ‘Landfill’ by Daughter.

Nah, it’s also unlikely for mine because… well, they don’t like how they look like, and that sits very deep so I don’t think they could see a puppet that’s too similar to themself as attractive… Angst they get enough in different ways too :smile: (and not every angsty development I like to play for my main!MC has to revolve around the tragic relationship with Ortega tbh even if it gives much flavor)

(Btw…can an enby MC even get the mirror achievement?)
(Edit: Nope if I read the code correct they can’t)

1 Like

No, they can’t. Despite all my theories about mirror puppets and what not, my chosen route’s mc can’t contemplate a puppet who looks similar to them.They sort of think along the lines of your mc, I guess. They’re full of self-pity and don’t think that anything created in their image will have any worth. The mc that gave me the mirror achievement was a high arrogance, high daring mc who pursued Dr. Mortem.

1 Like

Oh boy…you know what our MC needs? A DOG OF COURSE!!! Not therapy! Not friends! Just a doggo kek

hm I would prefer cats, but tbh I think my MC preferable should take care of something more “low maintenance”…

How about one of those?

Let’s see if MC can take care of one technically living thing (the puppet doesn’t count. the puppet is basically the tool helping MC to be a somewhat functional human being, MC depends on the puppet, a pet would have to depend on MC) and if it stays alive for a few months let’s move to the living things that can move on their own.

…And we can have both a pet and therapy (you can even combine both!)…

(No seriously, idk how it’s for the others but a therapy can only make things better for my MC’s)

15 Likes

Same! I vote for plant, upgrade then to something cuddly. While still going the Therapy if you choose. That is a top choice for a lot of my MC’s.

Ooooh better! Therapy pets? LIke after proving they can keep a plant alive the Therapist recommends they get a therapy pet (There is probably an official term for this) as part of their therapy?

4 Likes