Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

That’s my guy’s motivation. He doesn’t necessarily want to be evil, but since being a hero failed him he sees no other option. Either safety as a villain, or imprisonment as either a hero or if he tries to live in obscurity. Basically I want my guy to have a tragic death while being held in Ortega’s arms, wondering why it’s raining for the death of a villain, and why the rain tastes so salty, all while Ortega wonders if there was anything she could have done.

There wasn’t. This was fate.

2 Likes

Yes to this, but only because he’s got copious amounts of envy. He does hate every single one of them, and takes pleasure in walking amongst the Rangers with them being oblivious of who he really is.

Ortega is the only thing holding him back from going berserk. If it wasn’t for him, MC would’ve never believed things like friendship, caring, and all those good feelings actually exist. He has zero to no empathy and a very high drive for reward.

3 Likes

Admittedly while death in Ortega’s arms sounds lovely as an ending I really just want to earn a happy ending for my MC. She deserves good things – especially to be the hero I know she could be – and I want to give her the chance for that

Frankly, I’d love her to actually get on board with the Rangers – unofficially because I can’t imagine her serving in an official capacity – as mission control? Keeping them out of trouble and what not and only going on the field if it gets that bad but otherwise yeah

Also I’m weak for the idea of fanboy Herald getting to serve with his idol and basically being the moment ruiner for Ortega

(Courtesy of Steal ofc)

13 Likes

Welp…what’s up muh beautiful bean footed people…I just completed my third run through sadly I’m such a sucker to be nice to people…I can’t bring myself to harm them… and let me just say…I love this…I love this more then any other COG or Hosted Game…only one other has come close…but this one indefinitely took the cake also…man it took me a week to scroll down here…and bahhh!!! Spelling errors… shakes fist

8 Likes

In my canon playthrough, she was too busy getting obliterated to attempt that…

2 Likes

You can make as many saves as you want

I absolutely love this game and right now I find myself hunting for three more achievements. (Days, Close, and Scar-face)

In my canon playthrough is one of the best things ever because my character is a villain that is reusing his old name as the rebirth of a dark phoenix, robbed the gala, absolutely stomped the Rangers(threatened Herald, choked out female Ortega, and Spoils of War for Argent), and keeps the puppet around(slowly turning independent) for the Docs sake.

I really can’t wait for the second just to see how crazy this tale gets, especially with the Farm, Hallowed Ground and the Rangers dealing with this new rising villain.

1 Like

Yeah, but it eventually ends up as a mess. I’ve got seve different saves of the same character in the Lost Heir and it’s annoying af.

I apoligize for how much of a spacey train wreck this comment is…

Well if you want quality content you have to pay for my premium package. yeah that’ll be 3 easy payments of 99.99! wow what a deal

My MC likes to think of it as the actual therapy, not the trash that the Farm shilled out. They sure feel better after making the Rangers eat dirt.

Also on the flip side, I feel like my other MC has a rough plan for peeling back the curtain on the special directive, the rangers are simply collateral but they’ll understand when it’s all over. Just have to keep them chasing their tails.

I feel like Ortega played an integral part in the MC actually becoming who they were today. If it wasn’t already established that Ortega meets the MC after they decided to become a hero. I would have assumed that Ortega had tried to rescue them and found out they didn’t need rescuing, or by some chance came upon Ortega in trouble and helped them. What spurred the cynical sidestep down that path?..

Also why does Ortega know what the MC looks like under the mask? LIke it’s established that the MC didn’t trust anyone especially not anyone government issued, so why does the MC trust them with this? Did they get outed by accident? Was it at the Psychopathor scene? Did the MC choose it? @malinryden I need answers!!! If it’s spoilery I apologize for wasting your time with reading my dribble :persevere:.

@squarelyblue I wanna feel some of that Herald fanboi love tbh. I wonder if Ortega is the jealous type?:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

I head cannon just mopping the floor with Hollow ground. Ugh, I want to cross that killing line when it comes to the villains. It would be even better if Ortega found out you were the villain and was okay with it till they discovered you killing or have killed hollow ground and a ton of their lackys.

@Jax give yourself a villian name that differs with each playthrough. Thankfully Malin’s already accidentally done that where the really important variables are taken into account when the press picks your name. any more detail than that and just write it afterward as a side note on the save label.

10 Likes

XD One thing I do is I put my MC’s name on save file so I know which is which. In TWC though, I out the RO’s name plus the date finished xD

2 Likes

Or you know, just do like me and do all your runs one more one week before the release of the second book just to immerge yourself all over again in this magnifique universe…
It will be an even bigger mess, but what a glorious one mon chéri

9 Likes

You’ll know in book 2. Including first meeting and how you got your suit.

19 Likes

Okay so I have a few theories on things that are probably gonna be revealed in the next book/books

Our puppet is almost most definitely enhanced and or has powers. I’m guessing her body is in reality in some type of hibernation or cocoon like state and that is the reason for why she was in a coma/ brain dead or whatever.

De. Mormont, I’m guessing used to work for the Soecial Directive ir whoever it is that kidnapped the MC. That might explain how Ortega might know her.

I feel like Marshal Steele had something to do with the MC’s kidnapping as well. It seemed real suspicious how he was the only one who saw what happened to the MC. But I’ll admit that it’s a long shot in this one.

What are some theories that you guys have on what may or may not happen in book 2?

1 Like

I believe you have to not kill anyone.

1 Like

Don’t kill and iirc you have to speak from the heart when you monologue

1 Like

So,
I’m Romancing Ortega in my body,
I’m Romancing Mortum in the puppet,
And I Romancing Argent in my Villian-Mask.
Instead of jail, how about Jerry Springer?

24 Likes

Romancing Ortega as puppet and MC, having the puppet seduce Mortem, pretty sure Herald has a baby crush on MC, everything connected to Argent gets weird… I think somebody here called this a relationship butterfly. Who wants to draw a diagramm?

8 Likes

@malinryden You know, I do not think that you have ever told us what you would have done with your Protagonist, what sort of villain you would have made yourself in your own playthrough.

Do authors play their own games? I cannot say, but I am curious as to what sort of character you would have made for yourself and what decisions you would have taken throughout the game.

What kind of armour you would have had made, what upgrades you would have used, who you would have romanced, what would you have done in the final battle, what combat strategy would you have favoured, and all those kinds of things.

6 Likes

And romance Herald in my old Sidestep persona.

(Lady Argent is going to kill us both :sweat_smile:).

5 Likes

What @Unknown_Player and @squarelyblue mention. Also I think for the you need the right motivation for that to happened. I know that you get it if your motivation is “you want to show the world the truth”. I think you might get him suspicious instead if your motivation is “it feels inevitable”. The monologue changes depending on the motivation.

1 Like