Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

Okay that makes sense. I’ll just beat her the old fashioned way…

Being jealous when Ortega mentions their friend, used (at least at one point while this game was still a WIP) to be open to choose even if you didn’t flirt in the past, now that’s no longer the case :cry:
I loved how possessive that option let MC seem specifically because actually they weren’t romantically involved with Ortega and at most a good friend with no reason to feel like they should hold such a special position that justifies jealousy. And also how it was a very early way to indicate that MC may has some suppressed feelings considering Ortega even if they kept anything like that far far way from their mind. (not really through the game code mind you, but through personal interpretation based on the own playstyle, what’s basically as strong as the code when it comes to interactive fiction).
Now in the final version it’s only choosable if MC and Ortega already had a thing…what I guess is fine, but is not nearly as heavy with subtext you can interpret into it considering the MC’s personality…l really liked that interaction okay (I have no idea which of the other options I instead should take, it’s like an identity crisis considering my MC…okay maybe that wording is a bit too dramatic It’s not )? :sob:
I need time to get used to not being able to choose it.

11 Likes

I absolutely loved this game so much. It was incredibe and so satisfying getting to be so many different types of villain. And Ortega is life :heart_eyes:

I do have one question though (I haven’t read through the whole forum yet so I apologise if this has already been discussed):

Are we as the player still supposed to be in the dark about our full backstory, the heartbreak incident and everything that triggered us turning to villainy as this will all be laid out in a later game? Or is it all pretty much spelled out in this book and I’m just too stupid to piece it together?

If we’re not supposed to know yet, I hope it’s all spelled out relatively soon 'cause as much as I love the slow unravelling of a mystery, it’s a little hard to shape my character when I don’t fully understand their motiviations yet. And could anyone who’s kind a lot smarter than me hit me with any theories they’ve pieced together from what little we do know?

(Or if we are supposed to know by now, then my bad, I’ll just bury my head in shame over my stupidity).

6 Likes

its true we aren’t supposed to know much of our backstory as of the moment, all we have are the little bits presented in the game :smiley: as for the heartbreak incident most of the pieces are already there but i think it would be a main reoccurring event so it might get expanded upon!

as for most of the theories i was able to read and catch up upon the main character could be a re gene that gain consciousness and escaped the so called facility, aka the farm, or they could be a clone by the same people who made re genes for God knows what purposes >.>

3 Likes

Oh good haha, I was starting to worry I was just really slow and had just missed a whole lot!

I did get confused about the final part of the heartbreak incident. I kind of got that the suicidal thoughts thing started to get to us and we separated from the group but after we enter that room I got completely lost as to what happened next haha. I’m assuming though that that was part of the point, and it was meant to get a bit confusing from that point on?

Oooh, I totally wondered about the re-gene thing myself while playing but the clone one hadn’t occurred to me. That’s a really cool possibility too. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

XD nah its cool! I was incredibly confused the first time as well :slight_smile: it took alot of rereadings since once i get obsessed i try to read every detail :smiley: as for the heartbreak incident it gets a bit confusing once you face off with what i believe is a kid who escaped from the farm? but yah the entity you fight isnt really clear who they are or if they are actually you… but as far as i can tell once u enter the room the thing tries to get into ur brain and u try to fend it off alone or wait for back up either way whether u managed to shoot the thing or not it does enter ur brain and makes u jump off the window

sure sure XD these aren’t my theories though but i do like the possibility of us being a re gene but developed awareness. as for how not sure as of yet >.>

4 Likes

How do ya’ll think the gender of the source of the Heartbreak incident is decided? I’ve tried all sorts of gender representation and stuff, but I messed up my spreadsheet at some point so I didn’t get to figure it out. ;v;

@malinryden Could I perhaps translate it to Korean? Choicescript probably doesn’t support the language, but surely a port to Twine can be arranged. I just really want my friends to be able to experience this. I know a few that’ll love it as much as, if not more than, I did.
If it helps you decide, I’ve done professional translation work before, though as a part-time job. Since you probably have no point of reference I’ll just shamelessly say I’m pretty good.
…Wait. Does Choice of Games LLC hold any right over this game? …

1 Like

i actually noticed that it follows the gender of your puppet? since i usually have a female MC and male puppet the thing is always a dude but when i tried to have both MC and puppet as female it was female as well the only thing different about the thing was the color of its eyes which always followed my MC

6 Likes

I wonder… in the beginning of the story, when it mentions that regenes not having a mind or soul, it tells us “well, that’s how the story goes, anyway”. So i suspect regenes may always have a consciousness. Maybe it’s just removed or damped due to their implants and MC was able to escape before that happened?

8 Likes

Oooohhh! Would make sense though! i do wonder tho if its also related to the skin turning blue/green? Maybe having the dampeners or implants directly implanted causibg the change in skintone?

1 Like

Romancing Argent:
For when breaking Herald’s bones, stealing the name of his favorite hero, being that favorite hero and rejecting him isn’t enough.

Should’ve name yourself, “Mister(Mistress) steal your girl.”

#Video-GameCrueltyPoitential

NSFW Version:

First I fuck you up in your girlfriend’s body.
Then I fuck you up in my body.
Now I’ll fuck your girlfriend in my body.
So you have nobody.
#Logical_Statement_Error

18 Likes

Quick question about the different groups to make sure I got who they are right:

Hollowed Ground - That’s like, the criminal organization.
Special Directive - That’s the people who make the Re-Genes/clone people, right?
But then who is the Farm? Is that Special Directive as well? Like where they grow the people?

2 Likes

I think Hollowed Ground is the name of the organization as well as the name of their leader. As for the farm and the special directive… who knows? Maybe they’re the same thing or maybe they’re not. We don’t have the information yet.

4 Likes

Okay, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something because of my choices.

1 Like

Tastes like Jekell and Hyde

1 Like

For the people who don’t follow Malin on tumblr, she just posted an excert rough-draft on her tumblr for FallenHero book 2!!!

For anyone who does not follow the page for whatever reason I highly recommend it because she posts updates about progress and answers questions regularly that you may have about characters and the story. Also, she gives out hints for anyone interested in piecing the story together before it’s told, and yes. She laughs at our pain frequently…

The scene has code and is a rough draft that does not reflect the final draft in any way and may be cut altogether in the final product.

However is it fun to read and provides a sliver of insight into what the villain may have been up to after the gala.

Whooooo She also posted another excerpt with Herald! This one apparently has spoilers. Same disclaimer for this that it’s a draft with code and maybe cut and altered before the finished product.

tenor

20 Likes

Excited about the small snippet! 2019 is going to be a great year for CoG/HG.

3 Likes

I wanna know what Herald does that dishonors him as an actual hero in the MC’s eyes. I mean they never outright call Argent a fake hero even though she tried to outright murder them in the sewers.Also Argent breaks up with Herald due to the limp, really? Also that limp text tho…

4 Likes

I didn’t think Argent and Herald were actually together

5 Likes

I agree with @Morphine. I think their relationship is more of a publicly stunt.

1 Like