Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

is that when the MC is going through the power detector? In that case I think to get that you’d have to have lied and told Ortega you lost your powers

1 Like

I went with the exoskeleton and improved strength for the suit, went for the functional scheme for the design, and dramatic entrance with the smoke grenades. Manually chose the epithet of “Icarus”, which I thought was an apt description given my protagonist’s history.

3 Likes

lie to Ortega and say you don’t have powers anymore

1 Like

taking my sweeeet time playing this game.

So I’m curious about how you guys envisioned your MCs, for me I saw him as Ahzek Ahriman, especially with the extra armor and boosted telepathy

3 Likes

The combat armour I envisioned for my MC looks similar to the ones below:

I’m not certain if we will get the chance to improve our combat skills later on in the future books. If so, I would be interested in more combat situations with Ortega or Steel where we get the chance to be more on equal footing.

7 Likes

I went for a mysterious style too and was named the Puppetmaster (heh) by the press.

6 Likes

I envisioned mine along the lines of Darth Revan:

Of course, mine did not come with a lightsaber. Should I ever have the chance to have one, though, I would certainly leap on it. :grin:

I personally went with the Imposing armour with a cape, and I named by villain Sovereign. I want to create a villain that is to be an incoming conquerer, the new great power that is to rule as far and as long as possible. For upgrades, I chose the jet boots since I like to be fast, and I chose the telepathy enhancers since I like being powered up. I didn’t really end up using my telepathy much, though, and mostly focused on speed during the fights. I only took 5% of damage since I tortured Herald a bit. Ortega may have had the jump on me, but it was worth it. But I took no chances with Ortega or Lady Argent though. I focused on the battle and taking them down, not wanting to damage the armour further. A thoroughly enjoyable battle, if I ever had one. :grin:

8 Likes

Spoilery question- How can you kiss Ortega in the elevator?

8 Likes

Hi everyone I’m quite excited for this game, but I would like to know if I should read the time-line before playing the early game, or are some things in the time-line that are explained early on? Like your relationship with some characters or anything like that? Thanks!

To be honest, I played through the game just fine without reading the timeline. I suppose it is just there for anyone interested in learning more about the story world. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My imposing armor would resemble the Lich King.

1 Like

@malinryden Man, when I first stumbled across the demo of this game back when it was first posted I remember being really impressed, and hoping to see it completed.

And now all I can think now is how badly I want to play the sequel. Seriously, I was blown away with how good this turned out to be – it’s by far my favorite CoG game with Cataphrak’s Infinity series. Amazing work!!

7 Likes

I am so exited for the sequel and when we reveal ourselves to Ortega. Just imagining the pure shock on her face is worth all the money

Oh man I decided to do a ruthless dickbag playthrough as my second run, and I was not prepared for that epilogue with Herald at all. Can’t even imagine how he’d feel if he knew it was his idol who nearly crippled him, even if it’s only temporary. After reading that I almost didn’t save the playthrough. I just wanna protect that stupid smile…

13 Likes

im still in love with this game as i was when i played the demo back in late 2015 (if i am remembering correctly). i’m sorely, sorely tempted to draw some fanart of ortega.

Does anyone have theories on the Heartbreak villain?

They always have the same gender as the puppet. In the flashback, they were looking at their own body from the outside. The experiment done on it involved brain waves, lucid dreaming level of conciousness, “gates”, oxygen deprivation. One of the scientists kept praying. At the end, they ‘breached’ something, created a path for the scientists to follow, and “brought it back with them”, whatever ‘it’ is.

At the end of it all, they gained the (possibly involuntary) ability/trait of making everyone around them want to kill themselves.

It sort of hints towards something involving the afterlife?

9 Likes

I went for the mysterious look, with telepathic boosters and the strength upgrade. I imagine it looking like a more armoured version of this:

8 Likes

Ok, I finally made time to play the demo. You got me at the second I could choose my swearing words.

2 Likes

I was imagining the same thing for my mc.

1 Like