Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

There’s a thread for stuff like this now! (Check bottom of the original post) but iirc I did Days of our lives (romance with both) and picked choices like “To flirt with.” “Try to figure out what he thinks about me.” etc…

Speak for yourself about the MC xD

Do post the shippy playlist I like what you posted!

Yes blue we need to see these playlists.
You know just cause I’m not totally going through you guys playlists/music you think fits the MC to add to my reading playlist. XP

1 Like

Will there be a second game to the series? It’s way too good to end where it did.

this game is part one of 3 books.

1 Like

Then, are the other 2 books not released yet? If so, any idea when they’re coming out?

So, I had strength and telepathy boosts, and I managed to defeat Argent. I don’t remember my stats, but I remember be pressing her buttons talking to her and that made her not be as focus. Then, I tried to get in her mind, which gave me the achievement of looking into the abyss. Still, after this I defeated her and got some of her hairs.

Also, with Ortega, he did punch my nanobores container, but still I managed to fix it in time. If I remember correctly, the nanobores were starting to get lose, so my MC had to let go her focus from the fight and dive full in with her telepathy to put the nanobores back insert control, all this while ignoring her physical body since, even with the help of the rat king, it was a struggle to stop them from getting lose.

1. It’s against the rules to ask the author for status updates, in order not to pressure them. In this case Malin doesn’t mind it, but FYI.

2. She started on book 2 while book 1 was in the editing process. She thinks she might get book 2 submitted this year, so published next year sometime. Fingers crossed that writer’s block or life don’t interfere :crossed_fingers:

19 Likes

Yo it took me 4 billion years but I finally made time to play this and I’m so happy I did because this book is awesome and I can’t wait for the next book!

My literal only problem is that I have no idea who I want to romance! Dr Mortum is amazing the accent how can you resist??. Ortega has THE FEELS and the drama so I have to love them. And I’ve heard that Herald is going to be a RO in the next one and like??? Yes, please, I need that. How are one book have so many Baes in it. This is an attack against me.

20 Likes

I had the same problem, the solution? Romance Ortega with the MC and Dr Mortum with the puppet! I also made an extra save, with Ortega as the RO for both MC and puppet, because I want to see how that goes down next game xD

11 Likes

But Dr Mortum is a Bae and I feel bad catfishing them! They deserve 100% of my love!

13 Likes

I know plenty of others have probably already voiced this, but I just wanted to say how blown away I was by this game. It somehow flew under my radar until it was actually released, and I only decided to check it out a few days ago after hearing good things from some people I know. That said, I’m very glad I finally decided to look into it because it’s easily one of the best titles COG has ever released. I felt connected to and invested in the MC in a way practically no other cyoa has managed, and really liked how it dealt with the ideas of identity and loss. The characters, particularly the rangers, were great and the final showdown at the museum was extremely gratifying.

Sorry for the slight ramble, but I just want to say thanks to the author for making such a great title.

10 Likes

if you really want to feel awful, try romancing Ortega with the puppet and MC at the same time c:

5 Likes

I like Dr Mortum alot, and I romanced them once to read the story (with my male MC’s [Gabe] puppet, [Jack] also male), but I don’t think I’ll keep that playthrough. I actually think I just might keep them friends, have Ortega as everyones bff, and romance no one and see who comes along in book 2, probably Herald if he swings that way. I could see alotta interesting, “But is it just hero worship or does he like me for me?” …Especially after how badly I beat his butt. But it was an accident! I didn’t know it would work so well!

3 Likes

Meanwhile I am just wondering which choice will be more messed up dating Ortega with both or Ortega with MC and Mortum with puppet. I mean they will definitely find out eventually (or there will at least be an option I think.

5 Likes

That’s what I did and oof it was painful…

1 Like

Great game! honest to God! was blown away! that i decided to make fanart XDDD is there a place where i can post? but also im really excited for Book 2 and 3! cant wait to see how this plays out!!

4 Likes

ALL HAIL RYDEN, GOOD GOD OF THE SELF-LOATHERS.

why

14 Likes

why not :sunglasses:

22 Likes

Played as female made a male puppet. Its hilarious my female is cold and calculating but is compassionate while i make my male puppet more flirty and open and tends to manipulate people thru flirting

4 Likes