Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

oh god i broke you

how will you ever survive my ortega angst fics?

I have a more spicy idea about how Mara will turn Herald to her persona sidekick villain and become Herald &Doom

2 Likes

I will recover, worry not. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

2 Likes

I just realized how apt this quote is for Sidestep.

1 Like

It is, yes. And for Herald, too.

And I’m recovering fast. I only feel peaceful nothingness now. My mind is clear, my wounds have healed. There are only scars left I cherish greatly for they make me stronger. For that, I thank you @rose-court

goodness, it’s like seeing the first buds of spring! so wholesome, so hopeful :two_hearts:

:sob: if only i had likes

you are very welcome. if you ever need another cathartic rejuvenation, you know where to find me in the depths of hell

I shall remember. And when in need, I will seek you out.

1 Like

Is this a real way ingame or just head cannon?

1 Like

Well now that depends if you play your cards right… :wink: headcanon territory for now tho.

2 Likes

@smuteczekbiczo was right, pick your choice on how you want to play your MC ingame , as it will match our head canon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone know how to get chummy with Argent?

@VelvetDivine Hi. Um so form what i know you should joke to ease the tension before going into her mind then choosing to make Argent like you while in her mind and also choosing “Tired concern” just before leaving her mind. There might be more that can be done but this is all that I know of in Rebirth that will increase your relationship bar with her. I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Interesting theory here, but does anyone think Ortega might not be entirely opposed to your villainy? I can’t remember exactly what he said, but it was something about “understanding where they’re coming from” (“they’re” meaning the villain you become), even if he doesn’t agree with the tactics? Just a thought.

Also, really, really loved how this was written, especially with the feelings of uncertainty. Also, the possibility of a past relationship with Ortega and the possibility of still-present feelings for him definitely added to the feeling of being torn between two paths.

1 Like

“Understanding” and empathy doesn’t mean accepting and supporting. I do believe Ortega will be important in defining the future relationships between the MC and the other Rangers for better or worse.

11 Likes

I Absolutely loved this choice story, I can’t wait to read the sequil! I’m new to this site.

1 Like

If you really can’t wait there is an alpha for proof-readers and feedback going on on another thread. You can read the first parts already.

4 Likes

Since it was a massive pain in the ass for me to find a way to keep my arrogance high enough to name my villain Sidestep, I decided to try and update a previous post made by @zenbu.

• I smile threateningly at him (+9)
  • This is too important, I will go and collect it myself --> I pause to listen in and look at the devastation (+16)
  • I will telepathically push him to escalate this confrontation --> This is getting fun, how far can I push him? (+6)
  • I wish I could’ve told them who I was (+5)
  • No, I can handle it (+5)
  • Rose might come in handy, I’ll give her a hand (+4)
  • Embezzle the rich (+9)
  • I wanted to see if I could possess her (+5)
  • Look forward to teaching them a lesson (+4)
  • This is the only home I’ve known (+2)
  • Yes, I am still a telepath (+2)
  • I just didn’t expect it had anything to do with the Rangers (+2)
  • I’m flattered (+1)
  • Suppressed annoyance (this will not increase arrogance but the other option decrease it)
  • I feel amazing I need to check out how I look (+4)
  • Excited. I can’t wait to get this started (+5)
  • I want maximum damage (+3)

This should give you high enough arrogance to use the name, even if you accidentally choose options that lower it.

25 Likes

I wish you would add some unique dialogue for naming yourself Heartbreak.

6 Likes

Dr. Mortum is the Edna Mode to my Mr. Incredible.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

14 Likes

Hi ! I don’t know if this has been pointed out yet, but the Mirror Images achievement doesn’t work with a Middle Eastern character…