Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

hahahahahahhaaha MCDONALD XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Omglovedthatmanyou’rthebest.

Awww thanks! It’s just nice knowing people are also doing creative shizzles so you feel also not alone in creating? Idk I tend to lose steam if I feel like am just screaming into a void and no one’s there

/stares at all the wips

But yeah! Will probs just wrap up now my MC x Ortega fic

1 Like

since i have a break from uni, i have time on my hands to write more fic! i’ll try not to spam the thread though, haha.

caught singing - rated g
m!ortega/mc
set before book one / rebirth.

SNEAK PEEK.

You hadn’t even realized you were doing it, at first. You’re at Ortega’s mother’s house, and she insisted you stay over for dinner, not taking no for an answer. You managed to convince her to wash the dishes, at least, so you’re elbow deep in soap suds.

You’re the most relaxed you’ve ever been, you think. Maybe that’s why you start singing to yourself, low under your breath. It’s a song you have heard Ortega hum often, and it’s since then been stuck in your head.

“Huh,” comments a voice from behind you. “I didn’t know you sang.

tangled in bed - rated pg-13
f!ortega/mc
set before book on / rebirth.

SNEAK PEEK.

You watch from the bedroom, chin resting on your palm, as Ortega examines herself in the bathroom mirror. “Are you done preening?” you ask dryly, though privately, you’re concerned about how silent she’s been for the past few minutes.

“Hmm?” Ortega turns to you, as if noticing you for the first time. “Oh, sorry. I… Yeah.” She pointedly doesn’t look into the mirror as she leaves the bathroom, closing the lights and shutting the door behind her.

Your brows furrow. “Alright, something’s wrong,” you say, shifting over when she joins you on the bed, settling into the pillows.

12 Likes

Ohhhh yessss i just adore reading your fic

2 Likes

I LOVE Your f!Ortega and mc…make moarrr…I’m addicted ! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Whoah I guess I missed much? Kinda. Anyway time to throw in a weird thought but: We know Herald took the hero drug, yeah? Despite in his position he probably could have afford mods and if I remember right we can discover why he took the drug instead of mods in book 2 probably. So before we get the official answer let me tell you my theory about it:

Herald took the hero drug because he hoped to get the same power set like his idol, he wanted to become a telepath. And because mods to give telepathic powers are basically in the early stages his best bet was the hero drug. If he just wanted to become a hero mods would have been the safer option, but that’s not what he wanted: He literally wanted to emulate the MC.

I mean he was young and stupid and a fucking fanboy. That’s not so unlikely with that in mind.

Also… throws something at you people:
A Fallen Hero/Sidestep Playlist:

While you look at it throws also a Chargestep playlist at your heads:

Runs away to hide in the shadows again et back to learn for their exams

11 Likes

before he was just an idiot…now he is a creepy idiot ! ew…time to beat him to a pulpe again! :joy:

1 Like

What do you mean was? Xd
and yeah i thought about that too! Herald wanted to be just like Sidestep which he looked up to so much… Ending up with flying instead, what was something even MC was envious of if i remember correctly? hmm yep. I like that a lot.

2 Likes

Btw…do you guys think that in the Fallen Hero universe they already tried to create something like the ratking just with…human brains (don’t mean anybody specific with they, but let’s be real if somebody tried weird shit like that it was the farm)? Creating a brainet? An organic computer?

…maybe somewhere in the Fallen Hero universe there is a big room filled with brains in jars connected to create a super computer? :thinking: maybe some of the brains were from telepaths

Or they at least tried.

and this happens if I’m awake for over 24 hours

11 Likes

Ohhh yeah they definetly tried something like that

3 Likes

I mean… after how well the ratking works I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to ‘improve’ upon it by involving human brains.

Maybe Heartbreak was a failed version of that? it is very good at connecting to multiple brains and affecting them…
Unlikely. But still.

To be fair, wasn’t Sidestep being a telepath not super common knowledge to the public? I wonder when he found out. And how stoked he was. New sidestep trivia that he gets to know!

5 Likes

Well…I guess at least following the nanosurge? That was pretty big and as far as we know also the first hint for MC’s actual potential as telepath.

I actually thought that it was only a secret when Sidestep was new to the hero business to be honest.

Nothing is unlikely in wild mass guessing and stories with unreliable narrators like MC. And they certainly did try something experimental with Heartbreak , (and eventually with MC too) we just can’t tell what it was by now (in this case I guess MC is as clueless as we are tbh…)

3 Likes

Nice lists! :smiley:

I’ve got “Lies” by Chvrches stuck in my head every time i play.

2 Likes

Is there any benifit to making your past self as your nemesis? Or wll there be one in the future?

I think it has more to do with how you define your character.

Are you a villain that thinks trying to be a hero was just a stupid mistake trying to protect a world that’s out to get ya, or are you a hero that’s doing terrible things because no one else will and a great evil will ocurr if you just sit and do nothing ?

I don’t think you’ll get +5 dmg or 1000 goldcoins from either choice :stuck_out_tongue: but i might be wrong, you should experiment, check out your MC’s stats after taking each choice and see if there’s any changes. I’m too lazy to do it hehehehe.

3 Likes

I think its mostly role playing choices . Will you blame your old self naiveté ? your present self ? ortega ? argent ? Herald ? or Steel ?

It add to the story , haven’t seen anything much . (I’m guilty for not looking at the stat though) .

1 Like

What malin said about nanosurge and sidestep” I think malin said that the rangers played it off as sidestep was one the heroes who detonated some device near the nanosurge and shut them off. But you’re right, after nanosurge a lot of heroes at the scene knew sidestep was a telepath.

1 Like

Isn’t this kind of a spoiler?

Eh?? Dunno. I mean she posted it online (I assume on fh tumblr?) so it’s hardly a secret if she decided she can share it.

3 Likes