Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

What do you think of the villain name Diablo? After Los Diablos.

1 Like

ohh…that sound nice :stuck_out_tongue: but do you wish for the armor to have horn and be deep red ? :smiley:

good question though : what did you call your MC (or in some case , what was the name the press gave you ?) .

I’ve got 2 : The press called my mc ‘enigma’ . And when I choose a name , I called her ‘Pein’ .

1 Like

Sidestep for the drama :v and Phantasm, for that one save with terrifying armor because it sounded cool xD

2 Likes

it does sound cool! :smiley:

I’m going to mute this channel until 2nd book releases, and bet on the comment #. Tata!

Why is Lady Argent obsessed with the PC (as a villain) if she does not know that the pc was the one who body snatched her?

In my take, it is because Lady Argent has not often come across people who can go toe to toe with her and/or beat her, no matter if they are playing dirty or not. Also, I doubt that she is happy that said villain got away, mayhap going so far as that she sees it as a personal failing on her part. Which in turn drives her to become slightly obsessive about the ‘new villain in town’ at the end of Rebirth.

However, please note that this is all my opinion, and I feel like I know too little of the game and what its writer has said (through Tumblr and on the Forum) to be completely sure of my words.
Perhaps someone else could clarify whatever I may have missed/misinterpreted?

Edit:
By the way, on a whole different note, I adore your name. Whisper Garderner, why did I not think of that…?

5 Likes

no…you were on the right path , as in was thinking the same . Part of it is Pride (and she has pride or arrogance or whatever you wanna call it , and everyone has some of that just show it in a different way ) . I don’t think she is ‘obsessive’ though .

Obsession usually lead you to think about said person or object ALL the time and discard important thing for the sake of your obsession (for exemple Herald crushing on Sidestep could become an obsession if we find out he has tons of Pictures and Vid about them and is watching that on and on ) . I think , she 1) like the fight 2) she wanna take you down because it’s her job and also may help her with how Steel see her if she wanna be a full ranger without the snide remark .

Add to that , in the current time , it doesn’t seem like there are any other vilain to keep the ranger busy . So they come off as ‘pretty bored’ and ‘out of shape’ (at least thats what I got from Ortega at the end of Book 1) . So don’t blame her for finally getting something to beat up ! :smiley:

1 Like

Both, Argent has/is both. Definitely both.

The line between being in love and obsession seems so thin when I read your description.

Oh no, my friend, I never blamed her. I quite like the fact that she has taken such an interest in our MC at the end, even if it is to crush on them.

When I started with the game I was quite taken with Ortega, but as I neared the end of my first (and only still) playthrough my preference began to transfer to Lady Argent. For she has more mystery to her and is less of an all-around flirt… Indeed, I do not like that aspect of Ortega’s personality very much… Merely flirting with others is not a bad thing, not at all (I do it myself), but I do not like the way Ortega acts towards the MC (all gallant and seemingly pure intentions) yet at the same time blatantly flirting and insinuating romantic possibilities with the puppet…
Yes, I know the MC and Ortega are (righteously) in the status ‘it is complicated’ and have a difficult history, but… Ortega’s behaviour reminds me of someone with a double agenda… (Ironic, indeed, since our MC’s actually are the ones with the double agenda.)
*Sighs deeply * What can I say without sounding hypocrite or overly insecure…? Mayhap I should just stop rambling instead.

5 Likes

actually time will tell on that one . But her watching the fight just after it happen isn’t enough to claim ‘obsession’ . Thats a normal thing to do…watch a fight where your target escaped you and such :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah , when love become obsession…you go from healthy to unhealthy really fast lol one is intoxicating , the other is scary XD

I forgot the ‘I’ in there hahaha sorry XD

Dunno if you played this game called 'Shadowrun ‘Dragonfall’ . Argent , kinda remind me (and she look nothing like this character ) of a character (a companion you get ) when it come to her abilities . But also…make me think if she had a messed up past like this character . Although this companion , give me anathema vibes so much .

I overlook that , cose…I don’t know how to explain it . I just see it differently . I think its insecuritee . That and the fact , she is a public face . Maybe it come for years being in front of a camera being asked ‘Charge! charge! Do you have a date for the gala ?! charge charge! are you seeing anyone ?!’ . She has been a ranger for far longer then argent . Long enough to create a figure for the public . Long enough to learn how to play a ‘role’ .

But I don’t hold it against her . Between this game and the other Heroe game , it taught me that the media are absolutly terrifying and monsters lol . (in this context that is lol) .

She is more open , more friendly , and I don’t doubt her true love…sigh…so sappy I know lol

In comparaison , Argent is full of shield . Let none close (Herald doesn’t count!) , sure she may sleep with someone but you don’t know the real argent…the women beneath that skin and those eyes . She is a true mystery , she is an exellent rival…and she can be scary like hell . Just make you wanna poke at her and see how she react (especially if you are a troll like meh lol ) .

There is nothing wrong with how you feel . Hell if anything , it mean the author did a good damn job , enough that you feel conflicted . isn’t that great ? XD

A flirt usually would be for me a turn off . I do not like it (Yes I’m that boring ) . But here , I can see more…call it instinct , call it blind faith …but Ortega just fit with everything I had in mind . So I’m sticking with her ABS lol

1 Like

i think malin answered an ask about this. something like Ortega not being sure about his feelings towards the MC being reciprocated, hence his flirting with our puppet. also, most of his dates were just publicity stunt. and if i remember correctly, malin also said that you can have a conversation with him about that in the next book so, maybe then you’ll know why he did that. :wink:

6 Likes

@Joyous you made me finally finish one of my edits for my MC :stuck_out_tongue:

Akira

One day I’ll finish Sidestep’s board (and Ortega’s) but that day isn’t today HAHA

Better quality here

7 Likes

I agree with you. Argent is not yet obsessed with the new Villain, yet I would not be surprised if there would come a moment that she would become such. Then again, there are so many other possibilities…
Though I remember reading somewhere (but mayhap it is just all in my mind) that Argent has the possibility to grab and hold onto your cape, thereby successfully ripping it off your suit. And that, after the battle and the villain’s escape, she starts to wear said cape as a scarf.
Though I have no idea if this is canon (if it is not then it certainly should be!), because, again, I have only vague slivers of such reading-memories in the darkness of my mind…
Either way, if that is not slightly obsessive then I do not know what is.

Edit:
I tried looking it up, all I found was this. So Argent does not use it as a scarf, but does see it as a trophy.
My MC will have to get her cape stolen soon

Never even heard from it, but that does not say much because I do not tend to keep track of everything that is getting out.
The fact that a character reminds you of Lady Argent does prickle my interest.

And that is precisely what has my MC as interested in Lady A. as she is.
Do not get me wrong, Ortega is still special and my MC will treat them with kindness when possible, just… My MC is a bit apprehensive in regards to the ‘romantic kindness’…

Indeed, I can vaguely remember reading such statements as well, yet…
When I am serious about someone romantically, no matter if I am certain or not about their feelings for me, I do not go around and flirt with others at the same time. I just do not. It sends the wrong message to all who are involved.
I know, everyone handles such situations in their own manner, but I just cannot really say that I am as charmed by Ortega as I was. Perhaps those feelings are not yet lost, but that really depends on what the second book has in store for us.

I truly hope to do a proper replay soon.

3 Likes

it’s an rpg , (there are 3 of them in the serie , ) shadowrun Dragonfall is the 2nd game .

This companion doesn’t remind me of argent . She has NOTHINg that look like argent XD

Homewhever , if you play the game and you friend her…she tell you some of her past . And let just say…I have this nagging feeling everytime I think about that companion and a scene in the demo of book 2 :stuck_out_tongue: like there is a connection…a so familiar feeling like…

That’s alright. Not everybody likes the same things. That’s why you can go for Angie or Herald in the next book!

It’s a series?! I’ve only played Shadowrun Returns. Are the other two on Android as well?

Does anyone know who “Riley” is? I was on the tumblr and read about this person who is (s)he?? Send help!!:scream:

1 Like

Someone from Ortega’s past. Implied to have had a fling or something like that but Ortega apparently used the MC’s powers one way or another regarding them

Iirc they asked if the MC could read their mind or something like that? Don’t quote me on that though

5 Likes

i think one of Ortega’s exes, if i remember correctly. Ortega asked MC if they could alter(?) Riley’s feelings so that they wouldn’t hurt anymore.

You would get that scene if you choose to have an argument with Ortega at the park, then bring up his past.

5 Likes

i’m glad i helped you out lmao! and i love the edit by the way — the pink and purple looks really nice!

well i did a thing~~ sadly i can’t upload video here (unless i don’t know about something??) so i’ll just leave a link to my post. just some good ol’ vines…
http://smuteczekbiczo.tumblr.com/post/175290146677/its-done-finally-xd-i-had-so-much-fun-with-this

9 Likes