Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

nooo OH MY GOD why would you do this. cursed image. :joy::joy:

@CJS aaand as for big reveal… dunno, i kinda imagine Jed’s helmet being smashed somehow and he either takes it off or risks serious facial injuries from broken glass/mirror/whatever is this helmet made of. so he does take it off and goes something like “figures it would be you” and glances at ortega seriously pissed off (that helmet costed like a lot, k?)

2 Likes

HG (or some “greater” villain) out plays the MC and unmasks them after going to town and kicking their ass in front of Ortega (who’s also in a similar position)

Complete with gloating on HG’s side and the MC being both “you will regret this” at HG and “I’m sorry I didn’t want you to know” to Ortega /cue pained and conflicting feelings

Bonus reason as to why the MC gets in this mess: they saw Ortega getting beat pretty badly and they couldn’t just leave them there

7 Likes

@squarelyblue ooooh i like that one!
MC going from HEY ASSHOLE FIND YOUR OWN PUNCHING BAD THAT ONE’S ALREADY TAKEN through shock when they realize Ortega sees their face now and know that’s them to being heartbroken when they see Ortega’s reaction (which i imagine would be shock, dissappointment, pity even, maybe? in some way at least. overall just pain and angst)

4 Likes

It’s also the moment where MC decides to be a villain villain or not. Like I figure (at least my MC) would explain to HG why they are nothing alike while trying to summon whatever energy they have left to fight :))

(In all honesty, the MC is made out of sheer stubborn and determination imo)

2 Likes

the way I like to see it…(maximum ANGST!!!..)

Is…when my mc is in a final battle against the rangers XD (argh I have too many scenarios actually)…but this one of them . Imagine , in middle of a street…

Ortega is half way down , mc and Steel are facing against each others . (maybe argent is under her controle teehee) …Herald…is …in the background going Zzz…cose thats what he does best .

Then the farm come , out of nowhere !!! regen jump on the mc…Steel is all ‘Wtf’ …Ortega is all ‘Qué ?’ …

They subdue the mc…snap a shock collar on…remove her helmet…

Ortega goes : O_O NOOOO!!!

Steel try to stop her , as one of the farm top brass come waving a paper ‘Sorry not your juridication Ranger! stay back! Our target…highly dangerous…instable…’

Mc see flashback…flashback…heartbreak lady…in the street staring at her…

CONNECTION MADE!!!

KABOUM! MC goes Heartbreak ROUND2!!! the brass get her head goes POP!..the regen spazz…and clear out…NOOO!

ahem……thats all I got so far XD

5 Likes

My MC would have to be unmasked in a fight. She’s not leaving evidence around her apartment (absolute LMAO at the idea of my MC keeping a journal. That’s dangerously close to thinking about and processing her emotions, and we can’t allow that).

I figured Psychopathor would come back to retrieve our lil rat brain buddies, they fight about it, someone calls the Rangers, her helmet gets bashed by someone and she has to take it off.

So, what hideout do your MCs prefer?

I really loved the business front. Partly because my MC is tech savvy and I like the idea of her tinkering with things as a way to relax. Partly because I liked the reference to the coworker, Marcia bringing her food. I imagine the two of them eating leftover casserole and watching a classic murder mystery when the shop gets slow, which is just adorable to me.

I’m very bad at being a villain

12 Likes

or equipped…armed , and tagged like a NEMESIS (XD RE3) and sent to hunt down mc …Ohhhhh XD that would be scary !

1 Like

Being a rich asshole cuz if i have money why not flaunt it mwahahahah also cuz im an arrogant SOB what better way to get attention than to have a rich ass apartment… First class for me XDD

Also I SAW CANT WAIT TO HAVE ROUND 2 WITH PSYCHOPATHOR! can you imagine the telepathic fight theyll have damn xD

2 Likes

he is insane…

Somewhere (don’t remember where)…it is said that even MC can’t get inside his mind cose he very very insane .

And Psychopathor isn’t a telepath…he had a big cannon and the rats to help his aim . Maybe they ate his brain ? Dun Dun…is that what will happen to MC? Go slowly insane overusing the brain and rat ?

2 Likes

He iiiss but thats what makes hiim soo fun to fight XD also mind me i just want to fight everyone lol!

also i think it was when you and ortega did a tag team but couldnt because i think the rat brains were also kinda preventing him from getting invaded or his mental defenses are really strong…

Also isnt he a telepath tho? due to the fact you need to be able to mentally form a connection with the rat brains and try to rule them under your control as far as i rememebr xD also OHHHH THATS A FUN COMPLICATION TO HAVE <3 ANGST

2 Likes

ya know…was thinking something…

Argent got shark stuff going for her right ? and MC has nano who are ‘always hungry’ …

Kinda Shark vs Piranha battle !

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/upctdwN-Tdw/maxresdefault.jpg

5 Likes

So wait…psycho is a telepath ? Sheesh…so much for that :frowning:

Boo! though , now he lost the Rat . He is defensless . He only get a big cannon and that is if ever get out from where he was captured (IF he was) or…he is dead .

I mean , in book 1…we pretty much run off . So we don’t know how the fight ended , if he is alive…or was captured…or is he dead .

Argent steal MC cape (thats why I never pick the damn cape! lol)…

This is the best pic that represent it , in the WIP demo :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

9 Likes

I haven’t decided actually but for sure my MC is living in a very middle class home. Like it’s so inconspicuous and normal that it raises questions as much it avoids them :))

And also so Ortega doesn’t need to fret over whether my MC has money to survive and not have to raise a brow if choosing to be obscenely wealthy

2 Likes

Holding back / semi-helping so much that Ortega puts the clues together, despite MC’s best attempt at hiding it.

Confessing privately after (finally) allowing herself to trust or when in desperate need for help.
(Though this being Sidestep, will never happen.)

Exposing her identity to prevent someone else using it to blackmail her.

1 Like

My first MC likes the shop because it’s low-key and believable that he could afford it, while not being out of the way enough that finding it would be suspicious. This also helps to save money for the future.

My second MC prefers purchasing a floor of a large building and getting a swanky apartment for the puppet. They just love being a villain so why not enjoy the perks of villainy?

3 Likes

I go for the store too , if I pick ‘tech nerd’ part :slight_smile: it just fit .

Other then that , I guess I got an mc…thats dead poor . And the ‘vilain’ mc is rich and went for the Max . The ‘middle’ mc…still has her old appartement , here hoping it didn’t get bugged or nothing .

1 Like

I use old industrial facility
Its just a perfect evil lair , but still choose to live in old apartment cuz of quick acssess to puppet and in case some of rangers decide to be a bit nosy and follow him gotta keep that retired hero persona up

2 Likes

Old facility. I like the aesthetic. Also, if there’s a fight there, it’d be easier to evacuate people from there. And I like the little tidbit that sidestep lived in the slums before they worked up the courage to be a hero.
I got a new apartment because hey if I’m not pushing Ortega away (and am in fact openly flirting) might as well go for broke and have an apartment I can invite the rangers over to. Comfortable, but not overly luxurious.