Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

Hello everyone! I come bearing dead memes for everyone

Summary

35 Likes

Thank you for this. You are truly the hero we need

3 Likes

Boi i cant stop laughing XDD thank you this is too damn accurate

2 Likes

Hello! I was wondering if anyone met Mia Ochoa on their playthrough of Part one.

yep u can xD by going alone in the gala… though im not sure whether u have to rob it or not but i do know as long as u go alone u can meet her

1 Like

I don’t like being lonely so I’ve never done the route…
zips off to play

2 Likes

lol no one does XD but its a great way to meet characters

1 Like

yeah you can meet her…

and you also…

Summary

need to go to the balcony …

So, according to Retribution WIP, MC is able to fully repeat Heartbreak’s telepathy tricks. At least with the Rat King help.

Rebirth, Heartbreak flashback:

A mass pileup of cars on the freeway brought in the authorities, who were shocked to discover people crashing their vehicles into each other apparently at random.

Retribution, MC actions:

*selectable_if (suit_telepathy) #I reach out and force everyone including him to break their vehicles, bringing traffic to a halt.

23 Likes

OOOH shit i hadnt noticed this great catch!

Well shit that’s interesting. Wouldn’t it be fun if everyone thought new villain is some sort of Heartbreak’s succesor/disciple/whatever? Even better if we named ourselves Sidestep…

4 Likes

Dude. High pitch yodelling would be a serious threat tho. Just imagine. Blood pouring from your enemies’ ears. They can’t move. The building is collapsing.

5 Likes

Okay, I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this before (I’ve only read theories that Sidestep might be a Re-gene), but I have this crazy theory that

The Heartbreak villain possessed Sidestep

I mean, it just seems to me that Sidestep’s mind and memories aren’t entirely her own. Maybe there was a real Sidestep before the HB incident and then they got possessed by HB during that incident. Maybe HB tried to take over Sidestep’s mind but failed and instead their minds somehow merged, with HB having a bit of control.

If you choose to drop the gun and then not look at the telepath in the apartment, the sleep paralysis memory wouldn’t trigger and MC would just jump out of the window. Then MC will wake up and you will get this:
IMG_20180619_151227
Note that it says “you feel like a stranger in your own body

On the other hand, if you choose to look at the telepath, it would trigger the sleep paralysis memory and you will get the options (i don’t have a screenshot, this is just what i remember)

• this is not me
  • i don’t want to remember

Maybe the first one means Sidestep will be in control at that time while the second will be HB (depends on your choice).

Also, when you get to the part where you choose the reason why you’re switching sides, one of them is “I don’t know what I want – this just feels inevitable”. It just sounds odd that a former hero would turn to villainy just because they feel like it’s their fate. Unless it isn’t actually fate and something is controlling them.

Which may be true because I remember reading something like the MC feeling like they’re a puppet.

:frowning:
I haven’t played the demo yet but maybe my theory is not that crazy after all??

5 Likes

yeah if the memory wasn’t a flashback…and just There…one would easely will mistake it as an event that will happen years later . A glimpse of a futur , where a younger sidestep collide with an older version of herself .

Personally , the heartbreak is one of the scene that make me tear up like hell . Because I never saw them as a vilain . There is a line everyone come home to die that highly suggest that they are a victim more then anything else…:sob:

haha but yeah , I have been saying (and thinking ) that the heartbreak may have unlocked deeper power in sidestep and maybe even a similar power as the heartbreak (at least thats mah hope…maximum Angst…got the kleenex ! bring it!) . They are both telepath after all…there is a chance ! what happen when 2 telepath dig into each other mind…thats the question !

1 Like

i meant that heartbreak possessed sidestep in that apartment, i just put it under the cut (maybe i should edit my post lol)

but yeah i think heartbreak is just a victim too

humm…but what for though ?

so maybe they wouldn’t be recognized by their pursuer and if they want revenge, they probably couldn’t do it in their own gaunt body so they had to find someone strong

1 Like

that could’ve been an option I guess…but it would have turned differently . For exemple , there would’ve been no see my past . And Sidestep would’ve been used to take out both steel and Ortega and that’s impossible (back then due to the heartbreak effect taking a toll on everyone and more on sidestep …by the end she was barely able to move her body ) .

well unless she throw a grenade…but thats risky for the building that seemed to be ready to fall…and the heartbreak…small room…not enough space .

also…it would change how the heartbreak is seen and what they have done . In the flashback , they come off as …running to a destination (not aware of the effect on everyone and dying) . If I would go with your idea…the heartbreak would have to change to someone who is in controle…in better shape body wise…and wouldn’t have stayed stuck at the top of a building to wait for them to come .

good idea though , make you wonder what if…wich in a way…a revenge set sidestep…could easely be that in the futur if you play them as such . Just think about it…another heartbreak…but unlike the previous ones…you are healthier…stronger and in controle XD Just how many bodies can you pile up ?

2 Likes

Ah the Outsider achievement, my favorite scar. It’s interesting that if you don’t get a scar at the end of the flashback the game sets it to Outsider. Maybe it is hinting at the MC turning into somebody/something else after fighting HB. Then again, maybe Malin just liked the flavor text that comes with that scar, or has something to do with their own personal experiences. Anyway, yes to everything you said Marceline. I don’t know if that theory would work with the other scars, but it works just fine for the Outsider one. I wrote something that’s more fan fiction than theory here. The MC being something different is how I headcanon my storyline, so.

4 Likes

i think it could also work with the puppetmaster and revenge scar:

IMG_20180619_212014

IMG_20180619_212141

because i think it was heartbreak who was being experimented on, who was being used as a puppet and now they’re using sidestep as a puppet but as I’ve said, they don’t have full control over sidestep because sidestep is also a telepath. but again, this is just my theory so i may be wrong.

anyway, will definitely check out that fanfiction when i get free time. i love reading fanfics!

8 Likes