Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

And telepathy is sidestep’s superpower, you can’t expect them to fight without it especially if you don’t get the speed boosters or the exoskeleton

2 Likes

Steel gonna play Superman :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Argent is more like wolfverine but without all the hair…

Herald…is…like robin…:rofl:

2 Likes

Since there is no “nobody” option, I shall abstain from voting

1 Like

I forgot!! It says I can’t add😢 so sorry I suppose it’s just for people who did the romance.

1 Like

My favourite play through is when you have daring over 70 you can beat Argent. And romance her in the next game mwahahah.

2 Likes

Saaameeee idk i love having the unbreakable achievement alsocreally excited to see what happens when she finds out it was u the real sidestep all along just so so sooooo goood

For a man supposedly badly out-of-shape and down on his luck picture 1 still looks surprisingly well put together. As for picture 2 I do picture my Sidestep/ the MC as somewhat more short and slender, since one of the apparent self-esteem issues even during the Sidestep days for the male mc was that they didn’t fit the mold of the muscle-bound and tall heroes.
Since the mc is still apparently only in his early thirties I picture “fit” Sidestep and the mc more like this:
https://i.dmarge.com/2016/01/suit-610x440.jpg
Either the middle one or the one on the right.

My mc is pretty willing to hold hands with Herald in his non villainous “normal” persona. Though of course he didn’t plan on falling for super-cute Herald the way he has. Which puts a whole new level of complications on his plans.

Yeah, I’d love to see that. Though Herald’s parents might object to him dating somebody who looks like and is for all intents and purposes as washed-up, washed-out bum.

Well, my mc did cripple Herald in his villain persona possibly in the twisted hope that he’d get to spend more time with the kid in his real persona by helping him with his rehabilitation, which is one of the few things he can actually try to do as the washout bum he pretends to be in “real” life.

Well, without either the hero or the villain persona’s my mc is boring.

Indeed, my mc was originally able and willing to work with Ortega precisely because her gender meant there wouldn’t be any messy complications, he had it all worked out back as Sidestep. Now with him being both a villain and falling for cutie Herald the way he did it makes it all a lot more messy and complicated.

2 Likes

Or even better!!!

DRUNK Ortega brings out the Sidestep scrap book before MC meets Herald’s parents

5 Likes

Read this on vacation (mostly on four-hour flight today) and freaking loved it.

Loved the prose, plot, and characters, especially the MC.

Is there a guide anywhere advising what choices give you most bang for buck on replay? I’m guessing choices re: ortega and the good doctor? This thread is kind of huge so any help is appreciated.

5 Likes

There’s an achievements and gameplay thread here: Fallen Hero: Rebirth - achievements and gameplay questions

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

It certainly does! Thanks so much!

What’s going to happen to the puppet ?

Outcomes I could come up with after thoroughly considering the issue for 2 full minutes :
MC keeps the puppet indefinitely.
I’m thinking this is a (awkwardly) quite strong possibility, specially if we play a 100% careful and paranoid character, that’s not willing to take any risks. This MC might be able to keep not only himself but also the puppet safe, and would never commit to telling anyone the truth about their link.

The puppet dies
Not because of anything in particular, but if the puppet is a tool for the story to progress (or at least he is a tool for one of the main MC possible archs) then plot might kill them.

MC slaps on the villain suit on the puppet and frames them. for everything then lets them go back into the coma where no one can do them any harm.
This might be tricky if your puppet was taken to the hospital after the museum shenanigan. You would need Ortega or Mortum (OR BOTH) to be on board with this which might be impossible. Also, Mortum is quickly becoming as overprotective of the puppet as Ortega is about the MC so he might go in flames if you suggest this.

The puppet is cured, wakes up, and joins the MC
Well if the puppet wakes up there is a strong possibility that they won’t have any memories at all except those they generated while you where possessing them and the ones you imprinted on them, so basically the villain lieutenant is the only life they know. They might very well stick with you. I’m thinking this choice would be much easier with Mortum, because he is the (only) mad scientist we know, and he might be able to pull out curing the puppet. And also there was mention of a possible polyamorous romance. THe only other alternative i’m seeing is MC, puppet and Ortega (which i don’t see happening) and the MC, Herald and Argent, which i don’t think Argent would be on board with.

The puppet is cured, wakes up and betrays MC
Well maybe you want to kill the puppet and they actually have that hidden luck power, and it bites you in the rear and they become an enemy. Or maybe you manage to get them healed and they recall how you badly treated them (i mean you can do several nasty things to them), and decides to do onto the puppeteer as has been done onto them. Or maybe you have them healed, want them to join you, and they recall that in their past life they where righteous persons/heros and you sicken them and they will get you for it. They might get help from Ortega or Mortum (OR BOTH, that would suck!!!)

One more posibility:
Puppet is cured, wakes up, and leaves. Maybe they dont want to be a puppet or protagonist and just want to have some sort of normal life

One more #2
The puppet is linked to the story in some unexpected way, is cured, wakes up, and has an agenda of their own.

7 Likes

that is…urgh! REFUND! REFUND!!!

Kidding! :sweat_smile:

humm…if that happen , make you wonder if the puppet role would be small in the futur . I mean , beside making deal and being the ‘Face’ , even that is in doubt . We don’t know what kind of personality the puppet had . She maybe tall and gorgeous , Short and gorgeous…but she could be akward , anxious…bad at lying .

which in turn would make her a bad hencheman .

and all those choices seem for vilain insert massive whine where is mah Goody Goody ending there ! :grinning:

well one choice I like to see is :

1- Puppet wake up and MC give her fake memories and release her with a new identity and a new life and send her far away from the shitstorm that is coming .

2- MC reveal the truth to the doc (if romanced with Puppet) , make a deal with them and make the puppet and the doc run away from the shitstorm .

3- Surprinsgly , the MC reveal the truth and the Doc and the puppet team up with MC and they become the Girrrl Poweh ! (what ? i can dream !)

4- MC is kidnapped by the farm , and use the puppet to spring them from jail , with Ortega in tow…then super duper akwardness and smoochie happen ! (yup…still dreaming…someone don’t pinch meh)

5- The puppet sacrifice themself for the MC…and lot of kleenex are used…:sob:

6- The Puppet jump stories and end up in the Hero Story and win a show and steal Black Magic…cose Angelina jolie cough…ok…I’m just blabbering at this point :joy:

1 Like

Just needed to put it out there and express how great this game is, along with how obsessed I am with it. Every single aspect of the story is compelling, the characters, the plot, the replayability etc. Fuck, I’m so far gone that I made a spreadsheet with all of my playthroughs so all the paths are explored and branch differently. (And FH is pretty much the reason I got into choice of games back when it was first posted, so I am grateful)

Also about the ongoing theories for the MCs origins, puts on tinfoil hat wanted to point out some details mentioned on tumblr that stood out to me :
Like how the MC could have long hair back as Sidestep but currently cannot, and for a specific reason other than practicability. It could potentially be because they simply can’t grow hair, being man-made/ a Regene. Even though it’s not specified in-game what the MC looked like pre-HeartBreak, it would be weird to have to track hair length in code to make sure it’s consistent. Which brings us to what could have happened right after the HB incident; it is said that Sidestep was taken away in an ambulance most likely by the farm, so they were logically experimented some more on and miraculously healed from the fall/shot. They would’ve had to get some extensive reconstructive surgery (don’t know much about the extent of canon medical breakthroughs) that pretty much involves getting a new brain to be able to walk/be functional again. I mean you don’t just make it in one piece - and get a power upgrade on top- after taking a bullet to the brains; but at the same time there is weirder shit like flesh-eating nanomachines, friendly-floating-telepathic rat brains or Argent. (but Mortum still has surgery scars, so idk about medecine’s advancement in game) Anyways, there are 2 possibilities :

1. The MC may have been able to grow hair before the HB incident, but not anymore due to the physiological changes they must have endured during their second time at the farm. Meaning they might have been slightly human but not anymore. (we don’t know if ReGenes are born or made after all)
  2. They aren’t and never were able to grow some because they were created by the Special Directive and don’t possess “useless” human capacities. Probably grasping at straws but this would also explain why no beards are ever mentioned (what do you mean I can’t match with Ortega ??)
    So both of these consolidate the already wildly accepted theory that the MC was lab grown.
    The fact that they aren’t more ethnicities available (for plot purposes) supports the Infiltration Re-Gene theory as well. (Really sorry if this has all already been said btw)

Anyways, back to lurking for an undetermined amount of time.

3 Likes

Ripleeeeeeeeeeeey!!! :heart_eyes:

ahem

Anyway , where does it say that about hair ?

and yeah…obsessive person here too , hellooo…

I feel like an alcoholic that keep saying ‘Tomorrow I stop…’ and walk in the bar…and never leave .

hum…when someone usually fall (and mc fall on debrit , lot of rocks) , she recognized the peoples in the ambulance . That suggest she didn’t take that much damage to her head . Also , she was wearing armor and a helmet back in those days . which is probably what saved her head and body .

power upgrade? I always though the heart break did something to her power . Like unlock deeper stuff…also , don’t forget : if she was made , then it goes without saying she may have some resistance .

she never took a bullet to the brain . are you talking about the flashback ? Ortega disarm the MC and that’s how she throw herself from the window .

ahhh man…now I gotta investigate hair…that sound weird :kissing_closed_eyes:

I didn’t see the hair thing… maybe you chose to be bald on your playtrough and that unlocked specific new pieces of info that non-lex-luthor-fans don’t get?

Now i must make a Bald Sidestep to try it out!!

2 Likes

join the hunt! haven’t seen anything yet…splitting hair here hahahahahaha :rofl:

Fuuuck sorry got super confused, that’s what you get when you try to be semi-logical on 2 hrs of sleep a night.

You must be right and new brain or not my explanation is pretty wonky, wasn’t suggesting that the Farm replaced Sidestep with an AI or smthg tho. (it would be a surprise if the SD just hijacked bodies instead of creating them from scratch) (but still a possibility hmmmm…)

And the whole hair thing comes from overthinking asks on Fallen Hero’s tumblr.

1 Like

no worrie…

it was hilarious searching for hair :joy:

and beside…I love this game so much…I wish I could dig for more new stuff and find layers upon layers of goodies…sigh…alas…next book !

well the Regen , rumours say they are controlled by AI . But not the MC…

My theory is that she may have been made to be able to controle the Regen , and somehow…either she fled…or the project was scrapped for some reason and end up locked up , for more experiment .

1 Like

Yeah… was gonna say… what achievement do you need to get to actually get the Hearbreak bastard take the gun from you and shoot u instead man… all this time i was thinking of ways to shoot him or to get the “Taste the metal” achievement and now you unleash the idea that the MC’s backstory can get even more tragic than that and i was like ooooohhhhhhhhh.

And then it’s not real. Oh well :stuck_out_tongue: