Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

The confusion of giving the MC and the puppet the same name

10 Likes

I feel like @malinryden knew that this exact situation would happen, and let it happen anyway to see us struggle.

6 Likes

Even when the MC’s in the afterglow of sex, they still think of their past.

P.S been there done that.
Edit: didnt mean it like that. lol

2 Likes

that snippet…

THA FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS!

All stories I read were so good , but never ones was able to play my strings (feeling) this good .

Now I probably gonna sink myself in the story again and play it…

withdwar symptoms…ARGHHH!

1 Like

I guess I’m a little bit different because my favourite scene in the whole story was the fight with Herald when I made sure he was down for the count aka" make him suffer ". Besides everyone knows a great hero needs a even greater villain like the joker or Hannibal lecture .

2 Likes

The only drawback is that if you choose this option, your armor will incur damage

You say that as if its not worth it. The drama is always worth it

2 Likes

Pfff its just a scratch nothing serious unlike gerald’s broken leg

You can avoid that with the extra armor choice

1 Like

Btw Malin just answered an ask that basically confirms some of the character creation variables namely the gender variables that change with other characters actually do mean something, but most are red herrings to mask the true one(s). Congrats let the theories flood in.

9 Likes

I’m going to guess that Anathema and the Heartbreak villain’s gender tags are just for flavor and Hollow Ground’s is the one that matters. Because I think the MC and HG are clones of similar models and you can pry my theory from my cold dead hands.

10 Likes

Heartbreaks gender matches Puppet’s, not MC’s. That doesn’t mean that Heartbreak and MC are not the same model/line of covert-operations regenes (they almost certainly are), changing sex of a clone should be simple enough. Maybe the whole line was randomized.

Also we don’t know anything about Hollow Ground, for now I’m guessing “chaff”.

Yeah I suspect they maybe a telepath considering Ortega blames Argent attack on Hollow ground.it would be weird for him to suspect them unless that was their power, and the attack was out of left field so much so even Steel shoves the theory off the table.I suspect they might also be the telepath that the MC encountered, this also adds to why Ortega seems to hate them so much.

Heartbreaks gender could be chaff… But still it seems too tempting

2 Likes

I took it more that Ortega suspected Hollow Ground because they’re still angry about the death of Marshal Hood. I think in the Gala if you listen to Herald and Argent, Herald says something along the lines of Ortega blaming Hollow Ground for pretty much everything.

What IF Ortega is the mastermind behind all this (conspiracy theory) , Ortega plan this all along… she is the Puppet Master behind a larger scheme , and Ortega “allow” everything to fall in place such way , providing us with a convenient puppet body and meeting us just at the right time for reconcile ? :thinking:

6 Likes

Then Ortega outplayed even us the villain protagonist.
I see it now at the big reveal after a fight with the rangers, rain pouring, Los Diablos in ruins, rangers crushed all thanks to us, our moment of triumph and confession come closer. And then Ortega steels our thunder by their confession of really being the big bad. Poor MC just can’t catch a break.

4 Likes

Ortega will at least say Thank You to us right ? Reserve a seat for us in the New Order ?

1 Like

They damn well better, we did the ground work.

3 Likes

Don’t trust a such a dashing mustache, unless you’re Iron Bull, with Dat Ass

5 Likes

I knew there is something up with those mustaches. They are just not natural, those mustaches are trying to takeover the world. Dorian and Ortega are just innocent hosts for them.

8 Likes