Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

I guess the relationship with Ortega’s just gonna come down to how they act . If he tries anything like that with my MC I’m out, my MC doesn’t need this, her heart can’t take the pain and I’ll probably continue the story with either Argent or Alone (or Steel ,but I doubt he’d swing that way)

6 Likes

Same. My MC will take whatever Ortega can give.

2 Likes

Hmmm… perhaps it is a matter of choice ? Well, it is like this, there present a variety of “choices” in terms of companions in front of Ortega… similar like we ourselves is making a choice of our own romance interest , we can’t blame Ortega for making her own choice of companion right ? I meant it is her right to make a final decision who she really want to commit to :slight_smile:

Well that would be the case for a lot of person I believe, depending on how you act with others, but there is a difference between not liking your crush flirting with someone else and being cheated on by girl/boyfriend… In the case of Omega it’s not like we’ve been overtly expressing our desire to be together, to hold their hand on a cliff while the sun set on the Mediterranean sea while a flock of dove takes flight, move in with them in a caban without no one to disturb us while we heal our mutual wound and try to beget a herd of little supercharged telepaths half règnes and… well I might have let my fantasies get the better of me here…
My pont is that at best you admitted to O that you may have feelings for them after having been dead for a decade, and agreed to see “how it would played out”… Can’t really blame them for not jumping right in and never look back…
But we’ll make it work. We have to. For their sake.

3 Likes

Well, clearly (in my plays, at least) they did share a kiss, so, yeah. But, MC also evidently teased Ortega back then for having many dates, if you will. We do not know much more than that - did O date someone after they kissed or not? :thinking:

In my fantasy - as these game are just that - O did not, yet didn’t realise the extent of his feelings until MC took a leap of faith without a haystack… :scream:

But, the future shall be ours - somehow. If nothing else, at least my MC wants O to be happy, even if it means without her. But of course, the best would be them together. As for how to get there, oh boy, she has no idea - she is one of those heading down the wrong path and was hoping he would stop her.

It’s… complicated. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Anyone else in here dismiss all romance and go straight down the path of full vengeance, take no prisoners?
It was great, I found myself actually hating the “heroes”.

3 Likes

Personally I think in my file at least O and MC were never really exclusive but on the brink of realizing it’s very much a possibility.

On my end, Akira believes that there is no way commitment-phobic playboy Ortega would have genuine feelings for her. Like honestly, what does he see in her :)) highkey does not believe he’d find something worth loving. All the battlefield flirting? Ortega being Ortega. Things change though when he kisses her and she begins to wonder if he meant it or if it was because of being high off the tension in the air

(She never finds out BECAUSE GUESS WHO “DIED”)

On O’s end, I think that he thinks he has 0 chance with her. Sure she flirts back but nothing really ever comes off of it off the field – not as if Akira has ever asked him out in a date capacity and seems to prefer quiet downtime than date night. So he’s unsure if she’s romantically interested or if this is some form of friendship between them. It doesn’t help that Akira is not the best at feelings so even he’s wondering if she ever does feel that way, would she even entertain the thought of a relationship

So he tried to move on with obviously diasterous results (the Riley incident to name a few) because boy are these two awful at communicating with one another

5 Likes

There aren’t any valid reasons for us to actually hate the heroes, to be honest … if we must hate anyone, why don’t the villains ? Heroes aren’t the cause of all these … but i suppose if the MC is crazed by past incidents ,he/she could be in a crazy state of killing anyone in sight…not merely heroes :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s the thing about hatred, it doesn’t have to make sense.
From a storytelling perspective yeah sure there are X events that trigger Y events.

But in actuality, hatred is spurred on by very little. That’s just how humans are. Some people have thick skin, others take things personally it all depends on how you handle a perceived slight.

As for why I hated the characters personally. Well because fuck those guys. >8( How dare they treat my MC like shit.

4 Likes

Can someone tell me what choices to make to learn about this Riley

1 Like
Summary

You have to get mad at O during your coffee date ish when they ask you out after the Argent thing

Forgot the exact choices though

3 Likes

Get into a fight with Ortega when you meet up, then choose to bring up the past.

There are plenty of reasons for the MC to hate any one of the Rangers, should you go looking. Maybe Ortega for being nosy or not taking the MC seriously in the past, or Steel for not trusting you, or Herald for having what you never can, or Lady Argent for… I got nothing, she’s an angel. Anyway, I think a hateful, angry MC can definitely work within the narrative.

3 Likes

To be honest, my MCs don’t have enough justification to hate the heroes but they both view them as an obstacle to their goal, which was to destroy the Farm.

It has been a struggle for both of them since they formed bond during their vigilante days especially Sofia, who has and still have feelings with Ortega.

1 Like

That is … actually a very scary statement :fearful:

What you said is just too complicated for my understanding…

@bobsmyuncle In honesty, i don’t think those are valid reasons for you to hate the rangers till you want to kill them :slight_smile:

But the Heroes and the Farm is not related ??

Indirectly, yes but the source would be the Farm. If my MCs could destroy the source, it would follow as well but there might be sentiments involved which might cause my MCs to second guess themselves (aka Ortega and Steel)

1 Like

Just finished my pre-villain run in CCH 2, but I find it was lacking an ending. So I came back to Fallen Hero, because damn it feels good to be bad in this one.
On the topic of hatred and negative feelings, I have to admit that in this game I found it ridiculously easy to hate the heroes (to love them as well, which shoes how PoV makes everything). First because the game is written in a way that makes it easy to do so should you wish to. I don’t mean that they are despicable characters, but there is, for every hero, a strong prejudice in the MC’s head. This gives us a reason to hate them and the choices let us act on it.
And then, like said before it can be really easy to just let negative feelings take over, even if the people you hate didn’t actively do things to cross you. As a child I suffered from certain condition that prevented me from a lot of enjoyable things and attracted some comments, most of them not even ill-intentionned. Well let me tell you I envied every kid that could do what I couldn’t and resented every comment, no matter how nice. They didn’t do anything to me but I still hated a lot of people back then. So when the Mc talks about Herald being a poster boy, Ortega wanting to help, well I can relate pretty well. Herald admiring for something you are not is also the kind of thing that can be very frustrating (as well as hopeful but once again depends on how you take things)
Anyways, happy to see that this game still gets really cathartic every time I play it :smile:

10 Likes

Uhh if you dont mind me asking: what is cch?

It’s Community College Hero i think…

3 Likes

Looking down at MC maybe?? Being very very rude to them? Being gorgerous even if you take the otherworldly-ness away, while MC is punished with their average looks? Also she is nearly indestructable, while we saw how destructable MC is during the Heartbreak incident…
You just have to keep looking and you find reasons to dislike Argent (Also she wants to/does steal the cape! :angry:)

12 Likes

She ain’t touching my majestic cape!!! If she does I’m telling mama Ortega

1 Like