Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

here’s how to have high arrogance according to the msg i got from @Rakkun

Summary

-i smile threateningly
-embezzle the rich
-i wanted to see if i can posses her
or look foward to teach them(this will also increase your villainy and daring)
-this is the only home i’ve known
-yes,i am still a telepath
-i just didn’t expect it have anything to do with the ranger
-i’m flattered
-supressed annoyance (this will not increase arrogance but the other option decrease it)
-i feel amazing i need to check out how i look

there should be more but overall you just have to not worry about raising suspicion and be very cocky. fighting the re-gene when you have to save Rosie/Boris during the Psychopathor scene also has opportunities to increase arrogance. i just can’t recall which options exactly.

8 Likes

How Depraved and narcissistic would it be if you’re only “Romantic Interest” was your Catatonic Puppet .

7 Likes

It’s one of my Dreamship though… MCxPuppet :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

OMG TIL Gonna Try That Now :scream:

My puppet looks just like me only shorter and curvier. I like to think that my character is depraved enough to visit her upstairs.

Nothing wrong with loving yourself thought…and puppet is always there for the MC…just hope they will not hate us when they wake up…

2 Likes

speaking of the puppet, i’m really curious how things would work out for them since a) they seem to be waking up soon as seen in the hospital scene; b) they resemble the Heartbreak villain who is most likely a product of the Farm; c) it was just so convenient for the MC to find a comatose attractive person with no memories and no kin; and d) they showed hints of probability (?) / future sight powers as seen in the gambling scene. i really find all these very sketchy. anybody have any theories/speculations about this?

on a slightly related note, what would your MCs do if/when the puppet gains consciousness?

8 Likes

Wake up? Let’s hope not then I’d have to find another puppet.

1 Like

if they wake up i will probably hug them if there is such an option or the puppet waking up that is…

True but keeping our puppet in comatose seem wrong if there is some way to wake them up i will do it

3 Likes

The difference between love and abuse. Since they can’t consent to being a puppet. Or upstairs visits.

1 Like

Ok so I really adored this game. I’ve gotten several books from here but this is the first time I’ve ever sat down after a demo and just felt like I needed to finish it, and it was absolutely worth it. Personally I was surprised to see how many people went full villain but I’ve always had problems being mean to fictional characters, so I guess it’s just a personal thing. This was far and away my favorite story I’ve ever gotten from here, and arguably one of my top readings, though that’s coming from someone who doesn’t read all that much to begin with.

More specifically for the story, I really loved the more hesitant, regretful path though, the dynamic between the extraordinary self hatred and the crushing feeling of inevitability and necessity of going down this path. I loved during the fight with Ortega finally winning but just not being able to actually put her down. I just wish that doing that with minimum collateral, like no deaths, not brutalizing Herald or Charge, pulling Argent out of the water, got more recognition in the epilogue with the Rangers wondering why this new villain who so thoroughly thrashed them left everyone there in pretty alright condition all things considered. I also really loved how it approached the sort of detachment, and the ramifications of having telepathic powers. The identity issues, the way the protagonist approaches every situation thinking about how to manipulate people, how to put on the right face, even if they end up not doing that at all and just telling Ortega everything they want to know because they’re actually just damaged and alone and want to be able to rely on someone again. The way that the character honestly just sort of acts like a sociopath, but at the same time I can’t help but sympathize because they’re clearly hurt, they weren’t always like that, they don’t even want to be like that but they’re afraid, I have trouble putting it into words but all of that was wonderful. At least with that path it really created a wonderful tone to the whole story that I found really unique and engaging. As an ardent lover of angst in stories (preferably with happy endings pls) I loved watching the main character struggle so much, both with their past and the idea of even hurting Ortega. My only regret was kissing Ortega at the end, I guess it’s yet to be seen how that’ll play out but in hindsight it felt too fast and I’d like things to stay more firmly in ‘it’s complicated’ limbo for longer, though so far she’d still be my clear choice for a LI. Just, if there’s anything I love as much as angst it’s watching people dance around their feelings for a silly amount of time.

28 Likes

The author mention in Book 2, Lady Argend and Herald are ROs while in Book 3 , there will be more RO

1 Like

By the end of this book they might as well have included a "do you want all NPCs to be this gender or that gender. Because I chose ROs female my character female my puppet female and now Rosie.

Wait didn’t you earlier point out that the RO gender option was unimmersive?

1 Like

Yeah because I didn’t want to just know who tbe ROs were ahead of time unless I specifically did “SCIENCE!”

I.E.: I played the Samurai of Hyuga book 1. I saw I was a lesbian samurai. My protege was Masami restarted. I said I was a straight woman samurai my protege was Masashi. Restarted . Straight guy= Masami. Gay guy = Masashi. This evidence suggests that my protege’s gender corresponds to my character"s preferred sexuality. This so why would my protege have a variable based on Who I view as a potential love interest? Because at some point in the series they will be a RO. That is science.

Now granted since I didn’t know I’d also be choosing the gender of NPCs like Rosie the idea of only choosing mine and RO was making it super obvious and it still is because I made them both female. The game asked me about Rosie but not about Ortega so I can make assumptions. ( Though again the flirt option being right there from the get go makes it rather obvious even if choosing the ro gender wasn’t an option)

So I have to ask am I the only one concerned about MCxMortum? I mean the only way you can romance them is with the puppet. What will happen if the puppet does wake up if the MC really did fall for the mad scientist?!

Don’t get me wrong Ortega x MC is my top ship, but MC x Mortum is so complicated, problematic but can see where it could become sweet. (Heriald or Argent might bump there way up there but we’ll have to wait for my official list~ Though yeah I do worry for one of my MCs that is falling for the doc dispute realizing how messed up it is that she is trying to get together with him in a body that is not her own and essential lying about who she is.

4 Likes

but even then you still only control the preset for 2 NPCs, that’s hardly the entire cast.

Basically if I run into a situation after Rosie and it says “you see a”

Man
Woman

I’ll know that they aren’t a RO Because the only ROs had their Genders preset.

If a woman suddenly shows up in my characters life conversely they are automatically a RO because I specified only female ROs

I am curious if you can limit your romantic options by being too successful as a villain. Like, if you wreck Herald and Ortega and then dump Argent in the sewer, I’m thinking that getting any of them to stay interested in the MC would be rather difficult?

Being too ruthless could also be a problem. None of these people are going to be interested in a killer.

7 Likes

I understand what you mean an how it’s not predetermined in the screen thus leading you to figure out they are not a romance option. The romance options aren’t exactly subtle, motum will sleep with you first chance and Ortega will smooch you on the battlefeild Malin also seems to have variables gon in the story that interact with other characters traits(such as HollowGrounds race and gender, a heartbreak) We only ae book one as of right now so we are only at the tip of the iceberg of villainy and feels.
@Zoilus

I think doing the dream breaker speech to Herald might toss him out of the running for that(then again so may the fact you’re a villain) Argent seems like the grudge type, I still feel sorry for locust cause she’s in for a world of pain when Argent finds her.And I think Ortega is a maybe but you have to completely gain their trust first, or else they turn on you for their ideals. obviously, they have feelings and doubts that shows evident with the end game scene after you monologue to Ortega.

1 Like