Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

You say “older” but they are about the same age as the MC.
Plus more RO’s will be added in the second and third books.

13 Likes

as @viper32153 said, they aren’t really “older” than the MC. the MC is in their early 30s (or maybe just 30) while Ortega is in their late 30s. Dr. Mortum’s age is more ambiguous like a lot of things about them. They’re most likely neither a Southerner or French.

Argent and Herald seem to be on the younger side though and they’ll be ROs for the next book.

9 Likes

mortum is the same age as the mc’s puppet if I recall. And the puppet appears to be in their twenties.

1 Like

if i’m not mistaken, malin has been working on book 2 even before book 1 is released. either way, try not to ask questions like this. it’s against community guidelines and just pressures authors. it will done when it will be done.

for the second question, are you talking about the damocles? weird. done 4 playthroughs so far and i always have the option to use it. how high are your telepathy stats? maybe you need at least ~70 of either to use it?

9 Likes

Isn’t there 2 chances to leave something in her mind? First scene, and then if you agree to help Ortega,
when you ‘help’ Argent after psy attack?

2 Likes

Why does Ortega seem to be immune to the MCs telepathy?

1 Like

They have epilepsy, for some reason due to that the MC can’t read them.

5 Likes

So, was binging on this game again when this song come on. And the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like an appropriate song for my MCs feelings towards Sidestep, Ortega and the good old days in general.

1 Like

The game says something along the lines of Ortega, as with all other epileptics, is immune to telepathy. Something about the electricity in their brain preventing the MC from essentially accessing their thoughts.

1 Like

Where can I find the point about querying the timeline for future works being against community guidelines? I haven’t found where that would be a problem.

I do appreciate the tip about the second part. I feel that may have been the issue

2 Likes

Here you go.

2 Likes

But since you’re curious, my current plan is to have a beta testing for book 2 ready for the end of 2018. The reason this one tool so long was that there was a year-long gap due to my workplace going under, moving, buying a house and getting a new job. So real life stuff. Things are calmer now.

38 Likes

Not going to lie, I genuinely appreciate the response. Thank you

3 Likes

Thank you. I see it now.

Oh, that sounds fantastic. It echoes what the protagonist says to Ortega at one point. That they will bring down the boss to the Rangers~

You could not be more correct. chuckles

It is possible to both love and hate someone at the same time. That is how I see him, as the protagonist. I adore him, but I want to destroy him as well. chuckles

chuckles Glad to know it can be done. I cannot wait for that playthrough! :laughing:

And whenever you are in need for beta testers, I would love to help with that. :grin:

ALL HAIL LELOUCH! ALL HAIL LELOUCH! glad i’m not the only one that got that vibe.

4 Likes

@malinryden I think you’ll be pleased to know that Lady Argent’s triple pupils and the attached achievement have sent me down a rabbit hole of paranoid speculation. I’d put it down to some effect of the hero drug, but the fact that attention is directly called to it and there’s an achievement attached to seeing it says otherwise. Or this could just be an elaborate fakeout and I’m jumping at shadows.

Also Ortega looking “like a cat that just had its nose bopped” is just the most adorable mental image.

15 Likes

@malinryden Lol. Thank you for stopping me from calling myself Sidestep!! Or stealing and existing name!! I was the person who brought that up:

3 Likes

There is an option to name yourself side step you just need a really high daring I believe.

1 Like

Can someone help me on how to keep my arrogance higher than 65 so i can use sidestep’s name? I keep failing on that :frowning:

2 Likes