Fallen Hero: Rebirth is released - discussion thread! (Book One)

Okay, this should help feed into the Ortega angst train.

Enjoy Or don’t, it’s your choice.

You feel Ortega’s breath on your face. Your toes curl as you wedge yourself deeper into their arms, your head nestled into the nape of their neck. You recall the times when you used to do this after every date. You would invite them inside and spend the rest of the evening in each other’s arms watching movies till you would fall asleep to the sound of an old classic and the patter of rain. Content with the peace, always finding yourself resting easier with them at your side. Safe and sound.

It almost feels like nothing changed. They still tenderly brush their fingers your behind your ear. Their legs occasionally tangling with your own is nothing short of bliss. Then you feel a sudden stirring beneath their eyelids, Ortega’s hands clutch your body with fear-stricken strength. A groan escapes their quivering lips as they begin to fight to fight an enemy that isn’t there.

“No! Please not again, I can’t do this again…” They lash out at the constraining blanket ,rearing back you narrowly miss a stray fist.The room begins to hum with the feeling of static in the air,” PLEASE. DON’T. ” The lights flicker with an ominous shutter while Ortega screams.

You rush forward and caressing their face.”Ortega!”Your words fall on def ears as Ortega begins to cry. Their mind is like a storm surging over a rippling ocean, jolts of electricity begin to surge as their mind panics. A storm you can never calm. You shake their head, “It’s just a dream.” Tears begin to spill from your eyes as they whimper pathetically into your palm, pleading through sobs.

“I can’t watch this… “ Their head begins to shake,”No, get away from the window. STOP…”
They suddenly shoot forward and clutch you to their chest.They struggle against you but your arms hold them tightly in a painful embrace. There is a beat of silence before they pull back. They stare at you with red eyes,”Are you real?”

“Yes.” For a moment Ortega seems reluctant to believe you, just how many nights have they had to face this alone? Your thumb brushes across their tear-soaked cheek. They blink and giving your hand a squeeze, seemingly coming to grips with what just occurred. Ortega’s eyes widen as they see the chaos strewn about the bed.

“ I did the thing again…” Flustered, they rush to pick up the forlorn comforter, ”I’m so sorry Miha, I just-” Ortega’s eyes widen in surprise as you pull them in for a desperate kiss, so unlike the others shared in the wake of battle. You feel desperate as you try and numb their pain with what little love you can offer. The intimacy feels different now, it feels different now knowing you’d be missed. Were missed.

“It’s alright.” You peck them on the forehead.”I’m not going anywhere.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.” Your lips lock once more as you pull them back under the covers.

21 Likes