Fallen Hero: Rebirth - achievements and gameplay questions

The MC is rewriting your memories with their telepathic powers.

26 Likes

Ah, make sense now. Want to appear competent in front of an audience.

11 Likes

Read your spoiler tag, tried to do that but got Past Glory instead, there must be something more to it? Any ideas?

2 Likes

In my playthrough, when you get the first flashback with Ortega, I selected “I don’t want to register as a hero” then proceed to always be a bit distant/cold to the members of the Rangers especially Ortega. I selected that you were friends because you never would let it be anything more than that. During the lunch at the diner I was dismissive and didn’t want to talk about the past while NOT blaming her or angering her. When she calls you and you two meet at the park, once again I hear her out then tried to defuse the situation while not fully lashing out at her… You don’t want to be cruel/mean to them. Basically you want to be in “amiable” terms while not exactly being best buddies. Continue to juggle your relationships with the Rangers until the gala. If your puppet is flirting with Ortega, DO NOT accept her invitation. Go on your own then head for the Sidestep exhibit, that should award you the achievement.

2 Likes

I have retried it like 5 times now and I am not getting it, there must be something else besides your relationship that affects it.

It has nothing to do with your relationship and more to do with how much you’re acting like a hero. f you got Past Glory, then you’re being too heroic.

Things that make you more heroic:

Tell Ortega you don’t want to register
In the flashback fight with Psychopathor, either jump out yourself or mentally distract as a tactician.
In the Heartbreak flashback, say people need your help or the team needs your help.
Against Heartbreak, think about your friends / shoot it

Things that make you less heroic:

Tell Ortega you’re not ready for the big leagues.

Do two heroic things (or three, plus the decrease) and then go look at your own exhibit.
Though if you’re not heroic enough you will be get Joined at the Hip instead.

13 Likes

Unfortunately there is still something missing. I followed that exactly so there is still something else that is impacting the score. Ugh this is so frustrating. Do your method I got both Past Glory and Joined at the Hip. I never did more than 2 of those things you mention and not the less heroic thing. There have to be other things or stat checks that are impacting the hidden score. I really don’t want to read the code, but I may have to break down and do it has this is annoying me to no end.

Do less than two will get you Joined at the Hip. You have to do exactly two.

I did exactly two 3x and got Joined at the Hip once, and Past Glory the other 2x.

What did you do? …

Didn’t want to register, against type in battle, help people and willing embraced death vs Heartbreak.

Didn’t want to register + 1
Against type no change
Help people (Doing this because people are in danger) + 1
Embraced death( Not sure which one this is; shooting Heartbreak in the heart?) +1
That should be 3 total.

1 Like

Never had the option to think about friends or shoot at the heart, just accepted death. I will try one more time.

There is a hidden stat called sidestep_reputation that starts at 0 and if you want to be seen as a vigilante you have to get it between 15 and 25. Each heroic thing you do gives +10 so you’d need 2 of them exactly. If you do 3 you’d get past glory and if you do 1/0 you’d be seen as a sidekick
Oh also risking yourself in the battle always give +10, even if you’re not a fighter.

3 Likes

Shooting them in the heart + 1: multiple ways to get here\

Thinking about friends:

I’m stronger than this
Keep moving to handle the threat
“I draw on my worry for my friends, letting my concern give me strength.” + 1

Too clever to let that happen
Let it into my memories
“My friends—that alien concept should keep it busy for a while.” + 1

or

Let it into my momories
My feelings
Never thought I’d have friends +1

9 Likes

The oops achievement isn’t about being infamous, it’s about the fight with the re-gene. You’d get it if you choose to fight him but not kill him, since there will be evidence of your involvement.

3 Likes

I avoided all of those, and still got past glory. I give up

Edit. I finally got, without a doubt the first choice of to register or not ready is the biggest deciding factor, also, I am thinking how you choose to get the cop about to kill himself affects this as well.

1 Like

I remember getting the achievement without fighting the Re-Gene though, just by being not careful enough. (During my high daring/high arrogance playthroughs.)

There are only 2 ways to get this achievement. The first is fighting the re-gene and not killing him and the second is attacking the re-gene sentry earlier and failing the attack due to low telepathy stats (below 60), you probably did this. It doesn’t have anything to do with arrogance/daring

A bug I think I found is you can’t get the mirror image achievement if you select your race as middle eastern.

1 Like