Evertree Inn by Thom Baylay

Dunno if you’re still wanting endgame stats, but here’s mine. Could’ve done better stat wise. Also, I settled for being besties with Gunther, but I’m hoping that your sequel will have some Orc lovin’ :wink:

[spoiler]Name: Therun D’Argent
Race: Human
Weapon: Staff
Stats:
Combat: 66%
Guile: 44%
Perception: 54%
Magic: 88%
Gold: 3
Mana: 120
Warnings: None

Suspects:
[Suspects with a higher % will be more co-operative]
The Dryad of the Evertree: 75%
Owner: Laisa: 85%
Gardener: Leah: 95%
Maid: Wen: 90%
Deceased: Gilly: 0%
Checked Out: Tobin: 5%
Gunther Ga’arl: 85%
Checked Out: Dandy: 6%
Deceased: Isaria: 0%

Clues:
1 - Key suspects for the murder of Gregori Risenfaal with a wooden comb would be someone with magic or with a key to room 3.
2 - Mr. Dupree died at the Inn, 5 years ago, falling into the wood cellar.
3 - The mystery of your stolen 3 gold pieces has been resolved.
4 - Wen was adopted by Mrs. Dupree after her parents disappeared into the woods eight years ago.
5 - The VIP, Isaria Evenveil, has been strangled using a wooden pendant she stole from the inn.
6 - The cook has been stabbed with one of the inn’s missing carving knives.
7 - Mrs. Dupree didn’t like Mr. Risenfaal leering after her daughter.
8 - Wen is scared of the wood cellar because she thinks it’s haunted by Mr Dupree’s ghost.
9 - The Dupree family left Lux to get away from a Luxican criminal syndicate called the Circle.
10 - Mr. Dupree built the inn after discovering the Evertree, a magical tree in the forest that produces perfect wood and regrows no matter how much you chop away.
11 - ?
12 - Dandy can do magic.
13 - Tobin the halfling claims that the inn is cursed.
14 - Gunther Ga’arl is investigating the death of Gregori Risenfaal, a member of the criminal organisation known as the Circle.
15 - The dryad responsible for all the deaths at Evertree Inn has been appeased.

Backstory:
You grew up in Tyr, the oldest of three in a family of humans. Exceptionally gifted in the magical arts, your true goal in life was always to become a battle mage.

When a fire destroyed your family home, you and your brother were the only survivors. You were forced to start all over again, living on the streets. It all seemed so hopeless until you learned of an opportunity in a far off city, a chance to get your life back on track.

And so with nothing to your name but Annabella the pony, your trusty staff, and an extensive repertoire of spells, you set off on the road to Lux, and that is how you came to arrive at Evertree Inn. It seemed as good a place as any to stop for the night….

Ending 7:
You made a deal with the dryad that the inn will remain intact and that the Duprees will act as guardians and protectors of the Evertree’s secrets.

You took an additional 2 replays of Chapter 7 to get this ending.

Once you arrived in Lux, you found a cheap hotel in which to stay and you and Gunther became an unstoppable crime fighting duo. Alongside him, you could finally begin the journey of becoming the human you had always wanted to be. [/spoiler]

3 Likes

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, even the author said he loved that post. Mods not paying attention here…

2 Likes

@Quaintrelle Glad you liked the lack of last name. It was worth it for the additional coding it required :stuck_out_tongue:

@zenbu Glad you enjoyed! Maxing out 13 involves talking to Tobin when he leaves the inn. Although having said that… it’s been a while and I might be wrong :S

@NightwingBlue I always thought of it as Fantasy Mystery but I reckon it could be a bit of Horror/Adventure too. It depends on your playthrough :smiley: It could even be more of a RomCom depending on your choices…

@GamersPaintLife @Sontra I put a screen capture of it on the facebook page so it yet lives :wink:

@somethingokay All game stats are most welcome! Thank you! And it’s nice to have a variety of ending stats even if they weren’t the all time highest they help me to gauge the difficulty of the game and make suitable adjustments for the sequel.
And as for Gunther… I guess you’ll have to wait and see :wink:

To anyone not following on Twitter and Facebook (which you all should be doing ;P), sneak peaks get posted there periodically. The sequel ‘Sordwin’ is still a long ways from complete but the continued support, reviews and discussions keep me pushing on so thank you!

Thom x

14 Likes

I was looking at the others characters and everyone seems to have difficult to get Gold, is it that really difficult?

2 Likes

Nah, not really.

With my Elf Druid walkthrough, I usually end up with 18 gold. And that’s good enough for me.

2 Likes

But 18 still not enough to get the best inn at the ending.

2 Likes

What, that tiny bit of text at the prologue that’s just there for fluff? Why would I care about that?

I’m just comparing the amount of gold I had to the builds on this thread. And, suffice to say, I have significant mote gold than them.

3 Likes

I never cared about the gold. I think I was always a poor ass rat. Lol
But I think there is an archievement for money. I don’t remember well.

2 Likes

Because I’m pretty sure that is where Daisy would like to stay, and I would settle for nothing less for her :stuck_out_tongue:.
And we might use it to buy something expensive in the sequel .

2 Likes

Actually, I could potentially have 28 gold rather than 18, but for that to happen I’d need to date Leah.

And I don’t care how much good you offer me, I ain’t giving up that half elf booty.

3 Likes

I could have 33 too, but The half elf booty is irresistible. That is why she deserves the best inn avaliable :stuck_out_tongue:.

I’m wondering what role she will have in the next game.

2 Likes

Speaking of the sequel Sordwin, the author posted some sneak peak of it on his Twitter:

Summary

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9DmzdJWsAA-Yxh.jpg

Summary

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C68_ZJ9WgAQXQbx.jpg

Summary

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6O8hbvWcAAbhji.jpg

Summary

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C71c1fuXQAANsfG.jpg

7 Likes

@ThomB I know I’m late to the party, but if you’re still looking for builds then I’ve got one to offer.

[spoiler] Name: Axilya Alerothi
Race: Elf
Weapon: Staff
Stats:
Combat: 46%
Guile: 23%
Perception: 95%
Magic: 92%
Gold: 18
Mana: 150
Warnings: None

Suspects:
[Suspects with a higher % will be more co-operative]
The Dryad of the Evertree: 90%
Owner: Laisa: 60%
Gardener: Leah: 60%
Maid: Wen: 85%
Deceased: Gilly: 0%
Checked Out: Tobin: 21%
Gunther Ga’arl: 37%
Daisy Thorne: 100%
Deceased: Isaria: 0%
Romance:
After you left the inn, Daisy stuck by your side and came with you to Lux. The two of you will no doubt find many new adventures and enjoy copious amounts of hanky-panky!

Clues:
1 - A Luxican official named Gregori Risenfaal was murdered in room 3 a week ago.
2 - Mr. Dupree died at the Inn, 5 years ago, falling into the wood cellar.
3 - The mystery of your stolen 3 gold pieces has been resolved.
4 - Wen was adopted by Mrs. Dupree after she was abandoned by her parents in her room eight years ago.
5 - The VIP, Isaria Evenveil, has been strangled using a wooden pendant she stole from the inn.
6 - The cook has been stabbed with one of the inn’s carving knives.
7 - Mr. Risenfaal was leering after Leah during his stay.
8 - Wen is scared of the wood cellar because she thinks it’s haunted by Mr Dupree’s ghost.
9 - The Dupree family left Lux to get away from a Luxican criminal syndicate called the Circle.
10 - Mr. Dupree built the inn after discovering the Evertree, a magical tree in the forest that produces perfect wood and regrows no matter how much you chop away.
11 - Mrs. Dupree and Leah had something to do with the disappearance of two thieves at the inn a couple of months ago.
12 - Daisy studied as a mage, but was expelled for playing too many magical pranks.
13 - Four people have all died in their rooms in the last few months.
14 - Gunther Ga’arl is the Luxican Official sent to investigate the death of Gregori Risenfaal.
15 - The dryad responsible for all the deaths at Evertree Inn has been appeased.

Backstory:
You grew up in Tyr, the oldest of three in a family of elves. Exceptionally gifted in the magical arts, your true goal in life was always to become a druid.

When a fire destroyed your family home, you and your brother were the only survivors. You were forced to start all over again, living on the streets. It all seemed so hopeless until you learned of an opportunity in a far off city, a chance to get your life back on track.

And so with nothing to your name but Epona the pony, your trusty staff, and your keen instincts, you set off on the road to Lux, and that is how you came to arrive at Evertree Inn. It seemed as good a place as any to stop for the night….

Ending 6:
You made a deal with the dryad of the Evertree. The inn will be reclaimed by the wilderness and no-one else will die.

Once you arrived in Lux, you found a nice hotel in which to stay and with Daisy, your new agent and your lover by your side, you could finally begin the journey of becoming the elf you had always wanted to be. [/spoiler]

3 Likes

I think your character can get 20 gold.
You got 5 gold from Tobin and 10 gold from stealing from the inn, right? In chapter 4, if you go back to your room, you can get 2 or 3 gold from your special reserves.

2 Likes

It’s 2 gold, not 3. I know this because I did it in this build.

I was actually supposed to have 22 gold, but I end up having to pay Tobin 4 gold for him to spill out the information. I know I can just agree with him, but that pisses off Gunther, and I feel like he could be a useful ally in the future.

2 Likes

But you can just look for him after dinner and bring Gunther relationship to 40, even if you agreed with Tobin.

2 Likes

Wait, what?

I never got that option. How do you do so?

2 Likes

After the dinner, choose the option “I still like Daisy, but there is someone else I want to speak to first.”, then you go after Gunther.
When talking with Gunther, choose “Tell him only why you’re looking into the death of Mr. Risenfaal, but nothing personal.”, it will set his trust to 50.
After that, refuse to help him (no negative consequences) and you will find Daisy.
So you will go to the luxury hotel and have Gunther as your ally.

3 Likes

money or elf booty…money or elf booty…nah I choose the booty:smirk:

3 Likes

Or you can have both, like I did :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes