Evertree Inn by Thom Baylay

I imagine that if you could romance Tobin and make him come with you to the tree, the audio here would be similar to his and the MC’s reaction (Arin being Tobin and Jon being the MC) XD

2 Likes

Hey, Thom !!
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed evertree inn. I Started playing this game last month and overall it was fantastic!!

I’ve gotten the good endings for both Dandy/(Daisy) and Lamuel/(Leah) but I’m wondering if it’s possible to pursue other characters-such as Mrs Dupree, Wen and the cook(I can’t remember her name but I think it starts with G)

Anyways, keep up the good work!! I’m looking forward to many more new works/stories from you

3 Likes

Nope. It’s just 2 ROs in the series for now.

4 Likes

Great job on this. The writing and characters are great, and the story has a good length as well. The romance felt a little quick to start but aside from that I enjoyed it a lot as well. I’ll definitely be reading this again!

3 Likes

Just had my second playthrough and I was very impressed. There are tons of things that can happen differently depending on your choices so this has some good replay ability.

5 Likes

Will we see a sequel?

2 Likes

To everyone asking about a sequel, the author posts semi-frequent updates on his twitter: www.twitter.com/thombaylay

9 Likes

@GamersPaintLife Didn’t expect to see this type of post here. :smile: Love it. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

@Sontra @GamersPaintLife I love it too! Thank you so much! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

@tw1stedmind Thank you for positing that!

Regarding the sequel, it’s coming along although its rival for time at the moment is my entry for the CoG competition which is an unrelated story (but hopefully also fun!) to be submitted by January18. Ideally I hope to finish both this year but I don’t want to rush the sequel and sacrifice depth and choice. My ultimate goal is that the sequel (and hopefully one day a series?) will continue to provide choices that matter, a world of which you feel a genuine part, and an MC that is uniquely yours.

Thank you all for being patient with me. Keep liking those tweets and leaving those great reviews! :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

All the best,
Thom x

9 Likes

Oh, such news reduces me to flailing my limbs about like an anime schoolgirl.

DandyYour world is so much fun to play with.

8 Likes

I love exploring that delicious backsi- backstory.

12 Likes

I do wonder if we will be able to encourage growth in all Dandy’s magical areas–vigorously training him on how to apply a firm hand to that arsenal of spells. There would likely be plenty of late night sessions.

Well, like Dandy I can go on for hours…with such wordplay…

@ThomB: How silly of me not to mention my appreciation for the chance to banish all surnames from my character–It’s mysterious, yet arrogant.

This works out wonderfully well for my occasionally thieving, always magicking elven bard who has such lofty goals as enhancement of sparkle powers and worldwide fame as an entertainer. One name to rule them all.

It’s the little things, really…

9 Likes

This entire thing is what makes my life worth living.

5 Likes

Okay.Thanks for telling me!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you don’t romance anyone, you can become Gunther’s partner.

3 Likes

replayed this again and have to say a magic/perception elf is still my favorite playstyle no matter how cliche it is :sweat_smile:

question tho: does anybody know how to max out clue 13? that’s the only clue achievement i haven’t gotten yet…

also, i hope we get to meet the other characters again in the sequel no matter who your companion is in the epilogue. i usually go for romance subplots in games but i prefer gunther’s route here more :blush: damn now i think i want a gunther romance route for the sequel. would that even be possible? i’m not sure if his wife and kids are dead or just kidnapped :confused: i’m betting on the former tho

5 Likes

I loved Gunther’s route too…especially fun since my favourite MC is a tiny pacifist brownie with way too much curiosity for the maintenance good health. The mental image of Gunther with a wee brownie sidekick cop at the end is just hilarious.. And it’s so nice to play a game that is a mystery!

Daisy/Dandy is of course brilliant fun (and I liked the backstory), but I also enjoyed our friendly young stablehand’s character! That is one impressive amount of intensity there.

10 Likes

Just finished my first run of this story.Enjoyed it a lot. Can’t wait for the sequel!

3 Likes

I like it though I don’t know how to describe it. Is it Horror Fantasy?

2 Likes

Lmao aww man mod flagged my sick meme post. There were no proper words I could use to describe my love for the game. Why does this forum site hate positive complimentary memes.

6 Likes