Evertree Inn by Thom Baylay

Well i gotta say the Daisy thing was amazing. Goddamnt it felt like movie Subplot. Good job.

3 Likes

This was a really fun read! Its really nice to find a story that feels fun and lighthearted whilst also keeping an engaging and serious plot line. I loved dandy too! Which meant I was really pleased with the fluffy ending when you romance him :smile:

3 Likes

Also the Second bonus i choose guile and it didnt add anything.
So Bug there.

2 Likes

Third bonus choose guile and nothing happened.
So something bugged with guile pretty seriously.

2 Likes

Well, thank you everyone for being such great Beta Testers. I got some really awesome feedback and I’m overwhelmed by the positive response from so many of you!

I have now removed the Beta Test link from the thread but I won’t take the content out of drop box for another couple of hours in case some of you are still playing. In the meantime, I leave the first two chapters as a demo for anyone who hasn’t had the chance yet to see if it might be their kind of thing :smiley:

@idonotlikeusernames Haha well if I do write a sequel I’m sure he’ll make an appearance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@CaesarCzech I think I fixed the guile issue. There are a number of reasons it might have happened. Either because your guile was too low, or too high, or because perhaps you were losing guile from your actions (ie not being particularly sneaky or dishonest during the chapters). I have amended it so that this shouldn’t happen anymore. Glad you liked Daisy! :slight_smile:

@WaltzinElf Love the username haha. Thank you for your comments. It was definitely my intention to keep it light-hearted in the fashion of more traditional murder mysteries so I’m glad you got that impression!

Thank you again to everyone!
T
x

7 Likes

Yup working perfectly

2 Likes

Pretty great. I love the concept, and I got a Batman feeling when the hobbit asshat was hanging from the window, and a Bond feeling during the Wang dang sweet pootang scene with halfelf Chickie. Plus, I got to have a horshe buddy. I named him “Brewski”. Yeah! I can’t wait for more content, man.

4 Likes

This was a great story! I loved the character creation and everything is pretty well written! The story itself is great and I look forward to seeing more!

@ThomB Also, did you find some of the character names from Dungeons & Dragons? I found some of the dwarf and halfling names in the player’s handbook. :wink:

3 Likes

I love this game it seem good so far can’t wait until it release

2 Likes

The Content Review is complete so hopefully it won’t be too long before the final publication (I’m crossing my fingers for getting it out before the holidays :smiley:

In the meantime, with the loss of dropbox, please find the new demo link below:
https://dashingdon.com/play/thomb/evertree-inn---demo/mygame/

Thanks again everyone for your support!
T x

17 Likes

I can’t wait to meet Daisy again with my dwarf character.
Hopefully your game will be released this year.

4 Likes

So aside from waiting for boring tax stuff, I’ve completed all the art, blurbs, and taglines so it’s getting closer :smiley:

@Urban Thanks! Loving that combo haha. I’m sure your dwarf and Daisy will continue to have awesome adventures together.

4 Likes

Hey,has anyone ever made a walkthrough on this?

I just can’t seem to get the good endings.

3 Likes

@AAO Hey, these are only the demo chapters so there shouldn’t be any endings available yet, good or bad :stuck_out_tongue: If you’re somehow playing a full version of the game I’d appreciate knowing how since it shouldn’t be available yet :confused:

Although on that note, the contract is now signed! Sooo close now! :smile:

7 Likes

He’s probably talking about the time when full version was posted. It was only later that you changed it to only few chapters :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Contract has been posted and delivered so I’ve now done all I can…I think. Now it’s time for the waiting game…

@readher Thank you :slight_smile: I just realised I read this and never replied but you’re probably right. Thanks.

11 Likes

Hello to all my Evertree Heroes!

So as the release of Evertree comes ever closer, to everyone who has enjoyed Evertree Inn (either the demo or the Beta testing of the full game), please spread the word. I’ve finally made a twitter page (Tag is @ThomBaylay) and would love to see you all on there. If Evertree proves to be a success, I’ll be able to dedicate even more time to the sequel in 2017 (Chapter 1 already finished but it’s going to be a long process! :stuck_out_tongue: )

I started Evertree in January of this year and to see it completed and being read all over the World by the end of the year would be a dream come true.

Thanks again for everyone’s support! Hopefully the next time I post it will be to announce the games release!!!

xxx

29 Likes

Does it have a release date?

2 Likes

Yay! I hope you have a certain very cute half-elf (getting the mc into new troubles) in it?

2 Likes

I just played it and I have to say I’m into the story and really liking the characters. I am eagerly awaiting the moment I can play the full game and get to know Leah better :smirk:

2 Likes