Event Zero - WIP

(screaming internally but trying to appear calm and collected)

Thank you! <3

2 Likes

Hooo boy, this makes me worried that people will eventually be able to see the mess that is my code, especially my early code xD

1 Like

I was almost forgeting that I played the demo and really, really liked it <3

So, yeah, here Iā€™m to say that Iā€™m really curious about what Event Zero will have in store for us at the end; I really liked the missions on the demo, and asking myself if some of them will turn to be ā€œsomething moreā€, and wanting more chances to use our own affections :3

And to say that I canā€™t explain why, but Iā€™m trully wanting to know the mistery about reasons behind Oliverā€™s crimes. Andā€¦ Ok, his reaction if we flirt back is just marvelous and cute :3 GIVE THIS CUTTIE TO ME <3

2 Likes

Oliver is Zionā€™s brainchild <3

As for the rest, I hope we can get some more out there soon. Some of the missions might indeed have repercussions later ~

Thanks for your sweet comments <3

3 Likes

Hey all! If itā€™s not clear, weā€™re on a bit of a hiatus. I have two months of uni to finish, in which are about seven essays (I wish I was exaggerating), including a 12k word thesis, and a presentation. After those two months Iā€™m definitely coming back, though, to work on this project! We have so many ideas and itā€™s not abandoned.

Meanwhile, though, @zionmantis has a project of her own sheā€™s working on! There should be a demo forthcoming in a little while, and I hope youā€™ll all check it out when the time comes :slight_smile:

Again, this is not abandoned. We love it a lot, but we want to be able to give it the time it deserves, and I sure canā€™t do that right now. Whoever invented academia, anyway? D:

See you in two months! In the mean time weā€™ll gladly respond to new feedback and answer any questions that you all might have as best we can :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Interesting. I think this deserves to be watched. :thinking:

1 Like

Good luck with all the uni work!
I hope it all goes well for you, and doesnā€™t stress you out too badly. :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you! Itā€™s very likely to stress me out, but Iā€™ve just gotta get through these last monthsā€¦ :hugs:

5 Likes

Stay strong, and no matter what we will be here!

1 Like

Whew.

Submitted the final essay today, with a lot of help from @zionmantis as ever <3

Iā€™m going to be taking the weekend to deal with mental and physical health issues leftover from uni, but come Monday Iā€™ll be chest-deep in code again, trying to figure out where the heck I left off. :smile:

26 Likes

Good work getting it all done! :grinning:

Itā€™s great to see you back, and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one who has missed this WIP. :hugs:

8 Likes

Congrats on finishing up.

Look forward to seeing what you can do with this story.

1 Like

Hi all! The update is still in the works! Itā€™s taking a while because I decided Iā€™m revamping the entire game with everything Iā€™ve learned while coding it (Event Zero is my first time actually delving into ChoiceScript!)

Meanwhile, though, weā€™ve followed the example of some of our friends with WiPs and started up a tumblr! Here it be.

Iā€™ll possibly be more active answering asks than Zion for a time, since I donā€™t have work at the moment. That said, I have family over for Christmas, and in this tiny house, things get busy, so I might be a bit more scarce. Or I might be more present to avoid family :sweat_smile:

Weā€™ll be answering asks, but please look at our asks policy on the site!

Weā€™ll also be posting other content there, though weā€™re not totally sure what itā€™ll be yet.

Thanks as always for your interest and for bearing with us (okay, mostly me) being slow.

20 Likes

Stalking begins!

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this demo. Your writing style makes you feel like youā€™re actually there in the moment with the characters. Iā€™m interested to see how this develops.

Also Aiden is my favorite character so far.

i honestly adored this. the characters are such fun to interact with, and i love the overall premise. a very unique concept n well-executed at that. keep up the brilliant work!!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I know itā€™s been a while since thereā€™s been an update, and there are also a whole lot of unanswered asks piling up over on the tumblr.

Iā€™ve had a rough few months that have basically ended up in my doctor telling me to go back onto my meds for mental health.

Itā€™s going to take me about a month to adjust to those but Iā€™m hoping to come back with a lot more energy and focus. Meanwhile, Iā€™m going to try to slowly work through some of the asks weā€™ve got.

Take care of yourselves and see you soon :heart:

32 Likes

Great to hear from you again! :black_heart:

Iā€™m sad youā€™ve had a hard time, and hopefully the meds will help, and you will feel much better!

1 Like

Glad youā€™re doing ā€œokayā€. Real life happens, we understand. Take care of you, your adoring public can wait!

1 Like