Otome Games

I just finished My Horse Prince and it was great. I don’t know if it’s an otome, but it’s like a Hatoful Boyfriend with horses.

2 Likes

I just found the demo for Seventh Circle, and I love it! Cute art, has a nonbinary romance option, allows you to choose your pronouns :+1:

Here’s the synopsis:

Congratulations: you’re a mage.

Fresh out of college with a degree in the arcane, you’ve made your childhood dream come true by gaining admittance to the Trillian, a renowned league of arena battle mages, where the brightest young magical talents duke it out every week for money, fame, and bragging rights.

As you tangle with the Trillian’s big personalities–an uptight genius, a hot-headed would-be rival, a handsome haloed jock, and more–you’ll uncover a mystery stretching back decades, and you might just find love while you’re at it.

Personally, my favorite options so far are Will, Adrian, and Benji :blush:

They’re running about 15k behind on their Kickstarter though :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think they’re going to make it. :confused:

At least some online outlets still push it, so there is hope…

Edit: Ah, stupid…why is kickstarter only accepting credit cards? With my normal bank card I don’t pay any fees as long as I stay in Europe, so for what do I need a credit card? …for kickstarter it seem :frowning:

It’s always interesting to me to see how visual novels do with Kickstarter, because Arcana barely made it in time for theirs, but then were able to raise a lot of money and is still popular in the mobile visual novel scene.

And sometimes, games that are theoretically more “mainstream” in its model and gameplay struggle to raise anything.

Played Queen at Arms this weekend. One of my favorite things about it was that you get the opportunity to identify and/or come out as trans if you choose to. I’ve only played two romances so far, but the Lorimette route was very satisfying. And it had a perfect ending! Maybe because I always wanted to romance a lady knight with my female MC? casts a disapproving glance at Dragon Age Only criticism: Not enough CGs and apparently not every romance has the same number of CGs. Unless I missed some?

I’ve also recently bought Demonheart and I like it more than I thought I would. (I generally try to keep my expectations low, but if something actually ends up being decent for once, I’m always a little blown away. :sweat_smile:)

In case no one mentioned it yet: Apparently Hanako Games are working on a Magic Diary sequel?! I. Can’t. Wait. MD was the first otome I’ve played and it still holds a very special place in my heart.

Other stuff: synokoria (Halloween Otome) are currently having a poll. Players can decide which project they should be working on next. Personally, I voted for Christmas Otome because blond, serious guys are my jam.

7 Likes

OMG MAGIC DIARY 2

OMG SYNOKORIA STUFF

You made my day, thank you

4 Likes

Question, but do you guys know of any notable WIPs that are on tumblr?

Other than Queen’s Crown and A Minuet in Power? Not much actually

1 Like

A Minuet in Power looks so much like my thing that I’m shocked I didn’t know about it earlier

Hmmmm. Iiirc it was also on Kickstarter? I forgot where I found this :))

Also Wilders counts as a WIP?

Seven Kingdoms has a tumblr page but it was mentioned on the first or second post here so you probably saw it already.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a big fan of 7kpp (Jasper ftw!)

Vicboys. Gorgeous art. I’m really looking forward to it.

More or less unrelated to the question: Also something I’m still waiting for… even after several years have passed already: Lovely Little Thieves. It just seems right up my alley and I want to believe that it’ll be out one day. :cry:

1 Like

The Rose of Segunda came out seven hours ago. The demo was amazing and I just finished my first playthrough of the full game.

I would also recommend Airis and Red String of Fate by Ebullience Games. I first found Airis free on Steam and I tried it and found the plot fascinating although my first playthrough I got stuck on the route for someone who was supposed to be a RO but really deserved a sword through him and my MC would have preferred that, but the MC’s best friend was truly sweet. I was exploring itch.io and read more about the makers of Airis which is when I found Red String of Fate which is also free. I’ve only finished one route so far but Red String of Fate is quite sweet in my opinion and the soundtrack went perfectly with the corresponding scenes.

Also while exploring itch.io, I found out about Seduce Me the Otome Episode Series. It is a collection of free extra ministories for the main storylines of Seduce Me the Otome and Seduce Me 2 The Demon War. Some of the ministories had been out for months and I never knew about them, so I really need to go through itch.io more carefully in the future.

4 Likes

Just dropping by to say that the Aloners Redux has been released… :scream:

9 Likes

Hello, Norilinde

I just wanted to say thanks for the mention regarding ‘The Rose of Segunda’.

I’ve been seeing a few hits on my itch page from a link I didn’t recognise and it led me here, so thanks for that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It was an honor and a pleasure to be able to spread the good news about the release of the full version of The Rose of Segunda. I have now played all of the routes in that game and I absolutely love the game. I am grateful to you @blackcross for a superb game and to @locria for first letting me know about it. I’ve tried all of the games on itch.io by Blackcross & Taylor and I must say I am also really looking forward to Best Friends Forever some time around the summer. The demo for that game is very in-depth and really pulled at the heartstrings.

1 Like

Thank you, too, to @locria, then. :slight_smile:

And, I’m glad to hear you are looking forward to BFF - I was worried people were being put off by the school setting.

1 Like

Does anyone here play Choices: Stories You Play? How do you like the new books? I must say that, a few weeks ago, I found It Lives In The Woods to be a breath of fresh air. An interesting horror title that isn’t afraid to pull its punches. Not to mention the diverse cast of characters including the one and only Andy Kang (who my character romanced, in case that wasn’t clear :wink:).

Sadly, everything after that has felt a little lackluster to me in comparison. For example, I was really looking forward to The Royal Romance 3 (judge me all you want) only to be bored out of my skull not even four chapters into the new book. The same happened with Perfect Match. Here, I find the premise super interesting but somehow I couldn’t care less about Hayden as a character or the whole cousin drama.

4 Likes