Enforcers of Magic : Hope [THREAD MOVED]

Hey, magnetism sounds really interesting!

It can be a really cool implementation of lightning powers. Though i’d have to worry about it being too op. But ill highly consider it. Thank You.

1 Like

You always could give some sort of drow back some powers . Like lighting could cause pain and muscle damage via electrical power being if player used it too much. Could powers if use too much become random or something similar

So about the dog choices… another thing to think about would be more of a neutral choice. Not helping the dog but not being actively mean either. Also, being scared of the dog could be a fun option. (I have cynophobia, and although I can totally keep it under control now, when I was a little kid I’d feel some amount of panic whenever a dog was around without being able to consciously calm myself down.)

As far as elements… currently caring for the dog and leaving the girl are the only two options that raise lightning, and you need to take both to have a sufficiently high lightning score, so just adding a little flexibility for lightning could help. It’d still be rarer if you have fewer chances to raise it, but right now it might be a bit too much. And if you have a +2 lightning option instead, that’ll help prevent characters from being unable to continue.

Agreeing with this. When you have a choice between putting your effort into coding different things for genders and coding different things for active choices, the latter offers much more responsiveness to the player and more room for exploring different possibilities when replaying.

You can also do this by typing text like this:

[spoiler]This would be blurred.[ /spoiler]
But without the space before the slash.

You wouldn’t be the first…

And he’s the other cute one… so that doesn’t really help :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lol, I can imagine being scared of the dog to be funny, though I’m finding it hard to differentiate it with the ‘dont help dog’ option.

In regards with the dog, I am concerned about the violence option, which might strike some as a bit unexpected I guess?
Though I don’t want to get rid of the option as I personally find the thing the interviewer said afterwards to be funny hehe, and that in a way, I wanted to show players that they will have options like this as the game progresses…

e.g.

Claire:         Hey! The stage is just up ahead!
                     What are you doing silly, hurry up! 
                     We're gonna end up missing the show,
                     if you go that slow. Teeheehee!

Choice:    - I know, wait up! Let me catch my breath!

- Will you slow down? We've got lots of time.

- Forget this, I'm leaving...

- (kill Claire)

Maybe, I’ll add more options for the dog? but then I would have to add more options for the other questions as well…

Hmmm… I’m thinking of adding another question, is that what you mean by increasing the choices so chances for lightning drops? If you mean by adding +2 for Lightning to a single choice, I think that would break replayability no? People can memorize the specific choice that led them to get lightning.

Working on character cuztomization, I am aware that it is a bit lacking I guess in that department. :disappointed_relieved:
I agree on the gender stereotyping, something I’m struggling to avoid I guess, since I still want to separate gameplay effects and a different ‘feel’ to it if you play as a specific gender, dont know how, will have to think on it later thanks.
But, is the intro so far gender stereotyping in any way?

2 Likes

I found it a lot stereotyping but is more the way you wording and the way you change adjectives in genres feels off. My main problem is eith all the strong criminal and infamous part of being an orphan. I have orphan friends and are great people not strong criminals before you are orphan.

I know you don’t want say that… But in a game is a Big nope. It sounds o the author is against orphans and make them look Like Vito Corleone.

That’s why made a wip with many choices is so damn hard. And those need years in development not weeks.And that’s the reason official cogs follows other way to write game faster. If you want a serious Hosted game rp with freedom… You will have to spend years and sweat alot

Yes mara currently working on the orphan issue. :grin:
Will be quite a while though before I upload the actual work later…

Btw…the orphan option does not say anything about being a criminal, i’m curious as to where you got that from during your playthrough?

1 Like

Quick poll.

As you know, things have gone quite linear so far in terms of story…

Interview > Element> Done
(Omg that is not even 1% of the game :sob:)

And as you know, getting fire, earth, water, will lead to more or less the same result. Besides lightning…
What would you say to adding a completely different story that branches from the other elements?

I was thinking of making the PC get kicked out of school due to the bad reputation typically associated with the lightning element. Which will be explained why later in the lore as story progresses.

and that itself shall present a bit of a different story-line that branches out from the typical story progression…
But then it will go back to main story branch accordingly in time…

e.g. Gets kicked out of school> somehow is able to get back in> enrolls to school as a new transfer student in Day 2 maybe 3

What do you guys think?

Yea or Nay?

1 Like

Besides the things that were allresdy said one thing that really didnt sit well with me was the male gender choice. The MC comments about how he apparently looks like a girl amd it sounded really hateful and implies you thinking that the male character is disgusted by this, like being mistaken for a girl is somehow beneath him. It would be better if he is given the same, neutral choice as the female one.

4 Likes

Got it! Will think of something.

Though I thought what the MC said is just a simple question, that can be freely interpreted as either a joke, a threat, or an acknowledgement to a compliment, I can see how it can also be interpreted as disgust.

Thank you for your input on the game.
I’ll think of something to try and rectify that.

(I’ve just been given a warning for liking too much and turns out there’s a limit :joy: wth)

Nay. I AM A EVIL ROLE-PLAYER BUT I AM A CHARISMATIC that looks polite and nice. Also who in hell let a powerful teen in rage without teaching more if you believe he could be become evil. Yeah let him her loose and angry sure it will work.
Too much work in branches like wow too much
I will be evil anyway or not play this. But I want power not be a job less teen. so I would directly restart and never play a looser ignorant teen.

Also your text of orphan

That’s right,
You’ve never had any of that family care and love bullshit!
You are assuming I don’t want have family. Many orphans want and miss a family. It should be a choice even if a small flavor one in a line. No fuck family by default.

Everyday trying to survive on the streets made you tough. Throughout the years you’ve built quite a name for yourself as a strong and charismatic kid.

Survive on streets tough and strong= Street urching pick pocket people. Normal stereotype so much even Sherlock and Dickens used it. That’s idea you portrait. Also I AM NOT STRONG. you have to eat a lot to be strong that not goes well with survive barely… Except criminal …

The other kids looked up to you. It was respect.

SCREAMING SHE IS A BAND LEADER OF RATS THIEVES so you have respect… Like totally Mafia.

You never would’ve thought you would attend some fancy Highschool like this, but a teacher saw a lot of potential from you and decided to give you a full scholarship
What teacher You are surviving in streets … That’s no sense with a teacher saw your potential Except a minor criminal center is only place someone With respect leaving a tough live in streets trying to survive going to a school.

You could add some pages. Like people bullying and ostracizing him because of his element, or something like that. And maybe having to fight in some kind of selection to get enrolled to school because of government/school rules. But that would be a bit cliched, wouldn’t it?

Hmm which part? The getting kicked out of school?

That aside, Is that a yea?

My suggestion of fighting a selection to enter the school, it’s common in animes, so it came out as cliché. Well, the whole transfer student is repeated too, so nevermind.

That aside, i’d like to see a few pages with people and characters reacting positively/negatively to your element, maybe even joking sometimes. It would add to the roleplaying a million, but it would be probably a nightmare to add all those scenes and edit each one to correspond to said element without killing the immersion.

2 Likes

I’m sold. I’m going to keep tabs on this since it looks like it’s going to be quite fun to play. Also, How many RO do your have in mind at the moment? Any sneak peaks? ;D

1 Like

Hey thanks for giving your thoughts on the game :grin:

Planning to add 2-3 girls. 2-3 guys. Would mean a total of around 4-6 ROs. These are just the typical highschool friends. Also plan to add hidden ROs. Still a concept so not sure. E.g. romancing a teacher character.

I’m amused by the fact that most (if not all) are more concerned about the romance, gender, and school life. Instead of actual battle or magic. :joy:
:joy: :joy:

Maybe I should turn this into a normal highschool? :joy: (joke)

2 Likes

Really most of us are here for romances and personal interactions. I love rp but in Cog format combat is a pain in the ass so I JUST WANT SKIP IT also magic is normally just there. I play to be Mara an evil charming political mind trying to get rich and conquer the power. Not kick puppies of destroy world. Just get powerful… and a hot romance

1 Like

Yeah the sensei route. I’m for that one. I’d picture her looking like Margery Daw from Shakugan no Shana.

Edit: trying to post gifs from a phone is a pain.

3 Likes

#someone understands my pain with Gifs and phones!!!

1 Like

I usually post from my pc.

1 Like