Enforcers of Magic : Hope [THREAD MOVED]

Ok. Will look into that.

Thankyou :grin:

The numeric value can be from 1-100 but the total value of achievements canā€™t exceed 1000 for the entire game - so you have to be wise in making achievements. This is one very strong argument for waiting until the end to make them.

1 Like

Or you just revalue them laterā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I would risk and tell my opinions on the beta without knowing the author and pray no troll came to later insult me via pm.

I just stopped in four choice and that. You totally fixed my character and assume a lot of weird stuff. So no role playing options if you are TELLING ME you are a bully criminal because you are an orphan STRONG AND PHYSICAL WHATEVERā€¦ EXCUSE ME IS My character I DONā€™T WANT TO BE A STRONG BULK WOMAN CRIMINAL BECAUSE I AM ORPHANā€¦THE PUPPY CHOICE has no sense I love puppies and hate people just hit a dog donā€™t give you anythingā€¦ I am evil for gain NOT LOLZ I WILL KICK THE PUPPIES

2 Likes

Thankyou for your comments on the game. It really means a lot.

You make a fair point.
It makes me wonder wether I should focus on character customization (like zombie exodus) or not.

As my intial concept was that I give the players a blank plate and the players themselves build upon their characters through their actions and choices as the story develops.

But thankyou for the input, this will be something to consider.

I want to be charismatic but a fragile person sexy a typical bard charming foes for a gain some illusion magic. Sort of orphan searching her live using her streets smarts. YOU GIVE ME A SHE HULK STRONG AND BULKY BULLYā€¦ I mean you are being FAR MORE LINEAR that any cogā€¦ No cog trll me you are a orphan So here those are you stats and physical appearanceā€¦

Good think is seem promising but hey MY STATS ARE MINE IF YOU CHOOSE FOR ME GAME IS NOT A GAME IS READ WHATEVER AUTHOR WROTE WITHOUT CHOICE.

Whoahh okā€¦ calm down :joy:
Though Iā€™m flattered you care so much for my game its still a work in progress. Any input you make may impact the final result of the game. Which will be deeply appreciated.

1. Magic in this game is only limited to elemental magic. I dare not make it anymore complex than that :joy: (maybe when I make a sequel :wink:)

2. I dont think I described physical appearance with the orphan choiceā€¦? I only said you were strong, because you had to learn how to survive on your own as an orphan. Physique is just a strength stat. Maybe I should change the wording? It just means how fit you are not bulky or anything. And the 3 choices are just a simple template, each choice has its effects and benefits but doesnt impact the game in a huge kinda way.

3. currently the intro is very linear. And that may changeā€¦ but maybe not. As the game and story progresses it will get increasingly branched out as more and more of your choices impacts the world around you and your rag tag team of friends hahaha

No you can still be evil,
Just not cruel to dogs :joy:
Because I think CoG or Hosted Games does not allow that sort of thing?

The dog question is actually just an interview. Being interviewed as a final step to being enrolled in your new highschool. And the questions were just hyphotheticals to determine your elemental alignment. You will be provided much later with chances to be evil later onā€¦ heheheā€¦:smirk:

For now I wanted a linear, blank slate as an intro for everything.

I did find it quite weird how we couldnā€™t be evil,since weā€™d get kicked out.

Come on,every schoolā€™s gotta have that one guy whoā€™s a jerk.

1 Like

hey thanks for your input on the game!

hmmm I dont think it will be very realistic to say that youā€™d torture an innocent animal in an interview and still be accepted into one of the best magic school in the land. hahaha :joy:

Though that would be highly amusing I think,

I see that @ParrotWatcher and @TSSL have already made most of the points I was going to make in favour of gay inclusion, so Iā€™ll just add this:

Whatā€™s the point of my mc becoming a millionaire playboy if thereā€™s no one for him to play with. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Hey thankyou for your comment on the game!

Yes, gay/bi features are being worked on.
As I said, I want freedom to be the core principle. So I like the idea of allowing any sort of romances available.
Just a bit concerened on the complexity as more RO grows within the gameā€¦

And characters are coming soon :smirk: :smirk:
I hope :joy:

1 Like

No problem. :slight_smile:
Well, I just picked the female name by default and after it asks me if I was a girl the name didnā€™t showed in the status menu.

Sincerely NOTHING in your game says FREEDOM. It is totally linear and game is telling me my physical appearance if I strong or not my morality WITH ONLY A CHOICE. If freedom is your goal my friend you are FAR FROM IT. FAR FAR FROM IT . all cog let you choose your appearance stats and sex oriented. Not upss Orphan your stats areā€¦ The dog question is DISTASTEFUL and not showing anything about morals. In fact if this were a demo it where a one star no choice game. Freedom go away from a bulk strong window

Ok, working on it right away

Sorry if you feel that way,

Your input will be very helpful to this game and I am looking into matters and re-thinking about the game.

1. As iā€™ve said, the Intro is still very linear, and its meant to be linear, though I am still thinking about whether or not to deepen the character customization for the game near the intro, as I am afraid that it might add in unnecessary complexity imp.

2. It is still in the ultra early Alpha stage of development, I dare say, not even 2% of the game is done.

3. Can you tell me more about the ā€œdistastefulā€ feeling you get from this question? If you are referring to the added option to torture the puppy than it is simply there as a rp choice. If it is simply subjective from your opinion, than I have no way to help you deal with thatā€¦ :confused:

No one in Rp ever start by the way first question do you want torture a puppy?? I played all my life rpgs and never start with so free violence and gore with no sense. No.in a supossed all public game about a school. No add a gore scene if is not necessary to the plot.

I had feedback for you and advice after years of playing and beta testing but I donā€™t think you want to hear about sincere feedback so donā€™t worry I wonā€™t post again. But you will end with a tremendous linear game if you start with I made intro linear because itā€™s too much work otherwise INTRO IS WHAT SELLS THE STORY NOT KILLING PUPPIES JUST BECAUSE

I do not get why you are so upset, did I do anything to offend you? :confused:

I think Iā€™ve repeated it quite clearly that your contributions (and everyone elseā€™s) are very important to me and for the game.

And Iā€™ve said numerous times that the game is currently still in a very early phase of development, it is not ready by any means. If you are looking for a well-polished ready game then I am at a lost, since I still have nothing to offer you.

And If Iā€™m not wrong, I have also asked at times for specifics regarding your feedback, because, as Iā€™ve said, I value feedback more than anything, And I really really really hope you continue to post here and contribute to the game as I would love to hear more from your thoughts.

I want to make this a game for everyone, to rp as almost anyone they want to be. Be it pure evil or saintly, I can simply offer choices within the game for the characters to be who they want to be.
The dog question was not ā€œWould you like to torture this puppyā€ It was ā€œThereā€™s a starving puppy, what do you do?ā€ which imo are clearly different, as I only added the choice to ā€œhypotheticallyā€ torture the puppy (remember, itā€™s an interview).

All in all, if you are offended by anyway or disappointed then I deeply apologize,
but if you are going to continue to subjectively judge this game without providing clear criticisms,
then I must apologize again, I can no longer serve you. As catering to the needs of a single person is not what I
intend to do for the game.

Thank you and I hope that you may still have interest for this game and its future!
(though I have a feeling the chances are slimā€¦ :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I donā€™t know if itā€™s too stereotypical, but why does the loving family has to be rich and famous? Iā€™m much more inclined to believe that rich/influential people doesnā€™t have much time to spend with family.

Also, it was hard to get lightning, only got it on the fourth try, even though i didnā€™t understand the need to be so controversial and then choose to conquer the world. Why conquer the world? I canā€™t understand this one. But i liked the scene that followed.

And there are options that only appear after choosing a certain action, are they intended to be secret? Because taking the puppie home seems like a reasonable option that shouldā€™ve appeared before kicking the puppie.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for giving your thoughts on the game!
It really means a lot!

1. first things firstā€¦ how did you blur those texts?? So bewildered rn! lol :joy:

2. As per @poison_mara 's feedback, I have deleted the shown changes of the stat buffs.
    And I am assuming you have not tried the other options? As the loving family option does not
    provide you with a lot money compared to the last option ā€œMaybe, A person comes to mindā€¦ā€
    As for stereotypical. I will take that into consideration, it might be more interesting to not be famous? Iā€™m not sure.
    The starting buffs have already been nerfed however, as they are just starting stats and shouldnā€™t affect the game too drastically.

3. Sorry, can you specify by what you mean by controversial? The conquer the world thing is just a thought, I wanted to make a funny or unexpected reason for the main character to say those words that was written at the back of his guidebook. And yes, it is supposed to be hard to get lightning as I wanted it to be a sort of ā€œrareā€ element.

4. Cool that you noticed the The hidden options, It was from an attempt to make the lightning element harder to get.