Enforcers of Magic : Hope [THREAD MOVED]

Hehe my name is Hope :slight_smile: I really liking it so far and your idea that it wonā€™t be so linear :slight_smile:

1 Like

I finished the quiz (Water), tried to look at the statue in the courtyard and got this message:

aftertheinterview line 53: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block

Sorry this isnā€™t really decent feedback but was the bit at the end of the quiz, where the book magically tells you the correct answer, a reference to Mx0? I hope so because it made me smile when I saw it, Mx0 was the only manga Iā€™d ever read entirely and it was awesome. A reference would be cool.

1 Like

Hi Giratina thanks for commenting on the game.

Sorry the game is not complete yet and the fountain part hasnā€™t even been written. Plus the one in the link is an outdated version :grin:. I might upload that one without the error message thoughā€¦

1 Like

Omg. Yes! :grin:

I cant believe someone noticed. It is a reference to MxO. Though changed it up quite a bit, the whole premise for a magic highschool is also slightly influenced by it as well. Also, if you got the element of lightning you will get the iconic ā€œConquer the Worldā€ message.

Still though since the game is still in very early alpha, Iā€™m not so sure the interview will have the same mechanics as this. It might change.

Sadly I think I might get rid of it entriely or change it up so much it wonā€™t appear to be a direct reference to Mx0ā€¦

Need opinions about the start of the gameā€¦ So far the game starts with the ability to customize backstory, gender, age and name.
But recently, Iā€™ve been making a new version for the start of the game to be moreā€¦specificā€¦ meaning no more backstory choices or age options.

What do you guys think?

Personally, the second version will make the story a bit easier to make.

Will upload both start versions sometime next week

Sounds interesting, but canā€™t make a judgement on which i prefer without experiencing both

1 Like

Ok, guess Iā€™ll just work on it.

Can you even get lighning? I tried the quiz about 15 times and have had all 3 options except lightning

1 Like

Game breaking bugs

I suggest you to use randomtest and quicktest before uploading game files

1 Like

Sorry Zadit, the version you are playing is an old version that features a personality test as the elemental picker. But yes it is possible to get lightning. Just quite hard hahaha.

You canā€™t as of now because of the bug no 1

Hey Dungeon_Master thanks for helping test the game!

The version on the link is very outdated so sorry! Iā€™ll update something soon!

Btw does anyone know how to start a poll here?

Yes by using wrench or gear (cog?) Icon you can create a poll

1 Like

It worked! Thank You!

Are water and earth the only available elements in the beginning? Thatā€™s all I get

You can also get fire. Electric is very hard to get but i dont know how ive been writen over 20+ diffrent sequences and i cant get it

Okay I think it goes like this:

Click here!

Kick the dog.
Take the dog home.
Ignore the bullies.
[Doesnā€™t matter.]
Conquer the world! :grin:

And you should get lightning (and a fun scene, too).

2 Likes