Enforcers of Magic : Hope [THREAD MOVED]

I’m not upset or offended :relaxed: this is just something I do feel strongly about so I wanted to be firm. I can tell you are trying your best and don’t mean any offense, which I do appreciate. If you’re worried about how to handle things, I’m here to help :slight_smile:

Where it comes to writing boy/girl differences in the game, I would argue that it’s important to ask yourself for each variation why you have them there. Where it ends up being “girls can’t do this” or “boys can’t do that,” that’s when I would find it more troubling, because characters end up being limited by something that wouldn’t actually logically limit them. When the experience varies due to other characters’ reactions, that feels less like you’re pushing the character in a gender-based direction, so that could make more sense.

I do think writing a whole lot of boy-girl difference would be giving yourself a lot of extra coding work for less return on value than expanding different playthrough results based on more active choices.

Opinions vary a lot, though. I would recommend at least peeking at this thread: Preferability of "non gender segregation" world in CoG

Well, you could just have it so that a female pc has a choice between both the female love triangle options and the male ones, and a male pc also has a choice between both the female and male ones. Or, if you want to be more inclusive of bisexuality as well (which I do think would be nice), you could just focus on a few specific love triangles, and just not have other love triangles possible.

5 Likes