Enchanted in Blood WIP (Updated 20. Jan. 2021.)

Soo… hitting Osborn doesn’t have any repercussions? This doesn’t feel right, hitting another person is an assault, even if they are an asshole, this is not right and we are an officer. They must take responsibility for their actions, but in proper way, we are goddamn cops:p! Even if nobody report about incident, words travel fast. And we dont get any kind of scolding from Jakeman, and I have a feeling that everybody already knows. Righteous things aren’t just all the time. Everybody need to take responsibility for their actions, or be ready to do it. This is my opinion:p
P.S. Is it me, or Osborn written to be loved to hate/total asshole:p?

4 Likes

Yeah he seems to written that way. Hopefully he has some other side to him though cause I never really liked characters who are just there to be hated on, makes them seem one-dimensional and pointless.

2 Likes

I mean, considering what he did, and the fact that everybody probably knows what he did, as well as what you did, maybe the general consensus is that, they just don’t scold you at that point? Possibly?
Maybe they’ve just all decided that the person who technically assaulted a civilian deserved being then punched by a colleague or something.
That’s just my opinion though.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right at that. If the incident gets reported, then of course Jakeman would have had to have a word with the MC. But nobody reported it because they all felt like it was deserved and anyway it was only one slap, not a whole melee.

Then just don’t hit him if it doesn’t feel right to you. There are three other options for that. I put them there for those who would feel uncomfortable slapping someone, which is completely understandable and there is nothing wrong with it.

15 Likes

Man I let out an audible groan when I saw I got to the end of the demo, enjoying it so far and can’t wait for more!

2 Likes

Im comfortable with hitting people, I’m uncomfortable with lack of consequences for doing “wrong” stuff:p
I’m ok with doing wrong things, but I’m also ready to answer for doing them.
But it is just my opinion:p
P.S.
Also I probably misread slap as punch:p
And whole situation(with lack of responsibility) just rub me the wrong way:p
You are doing great (thumbs up:3)

2 Likes

If I may butt in (sorry), I think the reason why there are no consequences is far more simple (I’ll hide it , cause I don’t know if it’s considered spoilers):

Summary

First off, the way I understood the scene is that, the only people in the room are the Mc, the ROs, Osbourne and his lackie. So building on to this.
Let’s say Ozzie-man decided to file a complain. He’ll have to explain the reason he got assaulted, which was harrassment. Which okay, it might get MC in trouble, sure, but it’ll also out him for what he did to merrit it on paper, and written word is forever. Therefore, he opts for a hit in his ego, rather than legal action.
So I think, the lack of reprimand here is mostly because of this. Even if everyone knows he’s a prick, as long as it’s not on paper, not much can be done. This goes for MC as well: no one complained about getting slapped, so officially, it never happened, any sort of reprimand would just seem out of the blue as far as paperwork goes.
TL;DR, I think the only reason he doesn’t tell on us is because then he’d be punished too, which, ugh what a tool.

11 Likes

Well said. This is what I meant when I said nobody filed a complaint. And this is the reason why nobody did the paperwork, including Osborne :point_up_2: Maybe I’m wrong, but in my experience, this is how it works in pretty much every workplace irl too…

7 Likes

They only way we could get “reprimanded” really, would be if Jakeman just took us aside like “Dude, wtf, please stop slapping people” and that would be the extend of it.

Generally, if it’s not documended and you have no way of proving it (again, here while Osborne can prove it, it will backfire massively), then it didn’t happen. Here (where I live) at least, this is how it works with the legal system. And usually even if you have witnesses to call, they are only credible if certain criteria are met -I was dismissed as a witness because I was friends with the victim, so my statement was considered biased even though I was present to the incident in question, to name an example- otherwise they are dissmissed.

Generally, the whole “filling a complaint” thing and the such are far more complicated affairs than they are portrayed, especially when it comes to law enforcement.
To file a formal complaint would bring a whole shitshow on Osborne’s shoulders, I just don’t see that happening.

Sorry for the essay, I will now go back to silently enjoying the forum.

7 Likes

I uploaded the first part of chapter 6 :grinning: This is not a huge update because the rest of chapter 6 is going to be one biiig scene, so this is basically an introduction to that. The next update might come a few days later than usual because of that. The next one is going to be the last update to the book this year, because after that, I’m going to work on some Christmas specials.

I hope you’ll enjoy it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

26 Likes

found:This is also the first time you’ve heard Atin call her on her first name.(on=by)

Awwww you tease! Leaving us hungry for more! :grin:

1 Like

First. Emits high pitched, squeeing noises.

Second. Is this in the same demmo as the second demmmo, or is it in a sepret demmo? Hope I made that clear, if not, someone please tell me, so I can explain better.
Good luck on your christmace specials. COG? Or. Like, regular specials.
Eithe rway, I hope they go well.

1 Like

In demo 2.

1 Like

They are going to be short stories (2-3 pages probably), one for each RO. I think I will write them in a regular way, not with choicescript, and they will be available on my tumblr account :christmas_tree:

7 Likes

MY CURRENT FAV RO IS ATIN LIKE HE’S ADORABLE. I was so happy that you can slowly see the changes your flirting has on the ro’s I just love it.

7 Likes

I’m very glad you noticed those little changes, I’m trying to put a lot of small hints into the text which changes depending on your relationship with them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: For me, that’s what makes a story really immersive so I hope I can convey that to my book as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

ATIN :heart: I had to go through every dialogue option with them they’re melting my heart like: “He is in an exceptionally good mood today it seems. You wonder how much of it is because of your presence.” that’s too cute :sob: !!!

8 Likes

Fun game so far, enjoying the writing so opted to do multiple runs. The only one that felt off was the prejudice run. It’s early on so maybe it will change in the future or with higher stats, but there were a lot of times where how my character reacted felt completely out of character. Like whenever Osborne opened his mouth, suddenly I care about elves since there’s no option to agree or even not care? The professional option during the entertainment comment wasn’t any solace either, as shouting at him in front of everyone didn’t feel professional at all. Heck, I shot one just a couple of hours ago because I didn’t trust them. So that really felt like pot calling the kettle.

2 Likes

I’m glad you are enjoying the game! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Okay, I thought the text was clear when you chose the prejudiced options, but maybe I should clear some things up about it…

Being a person who doesn’t trust elves doesn’t mean that your MC will support or would not care about sexual harassment. I will never include a choice like that. When you shot Roga, your MC was on a mission where neutralizing (and not trying to seriously injure, there is a difference here) a suspicious stranger in a questionable situation might have been justified. Being in the office in a professional environment and watching as your coworker is harassing a civilian, elf or not, and supporting it or not reacting to it at all, is never justified and will not going to happen. And actually there is an option to not get fully involved in that scenario, when you let Atin deal with it.

The prejudice stat means more like that your MC is distrustful towards elves, not that they will enjoy torturing them. Those two scenarios were completely different and your MC will never turn their back on an innocent person in need, prejudiced or not.

I hope that helped clear up the situation! :grinning:

16 Likes

Marvelous!! I really had fun reading the WIP. The part where you are messaging with the other characters made the experience more enjoyable. I can’t stop laughing at my MC’s convo with R. I hope there will be more. Well that’s just me though… But anyway great job and kudos to the author…

5 Likes