Enchanted in Blood WIP (Updated 20. Jan. 2021.)

Omg…I’m enjoying this WIP.

Gotta say…

Ugh you so don’t want to wake up…

But you should.

But you don’t want to.

But you really should…

In five minutes.

Or ten.

Thats my every morning :smile:

Also, I got to play as an Orc Woot Woot Woot! :grin:

Edit: I’m still in middle of the demo…but how did you do all those Texting stuff ? look real…did you have to borrow a phone? lol

Okay, done. So who are the romances? (Beside the obvious Elf…and I’m sure you have a hoarde that are drooling over them already!! But I’m not a groupie of elves lol) Can you romance your boss?

6 Likes

Bruuuh same. I’m glad I managed to create relatable MCs for some :wink:

No, I didn’t use a messaging app actually because of legal reasons. I created the text bubbles in Adobe InDesign, wrote the text there then imported it to Photoshop, cropped and saved individually. Like I said a few comments before, it was a lot of work haha :sweat_smile: But now that I have the template, it will be much easier. And I also drew the emojis myself, but I will probably use an open source design for later cause uhhh… I don’t want to draw so many smiley faces.

The main romances are Atin, Roga and Quinn (you can see them under the Contacts option in your stats screen). In book 2, there will be 2 more for those MCs that are not in a relationship already. And unfortunately, no, you can’t romance your boss haha :smiley: She already has a wife and a kid actually.

15 Likes

Awww, you go and break mah heart like that! Pout and I had my line ready and all ‘‘hey boss, want a massage? I hear it give you a nice face lift from that scrowl’’ . May not survive 2sec after saying that, but it be so worth it though .

Wow that’s cool! Cose it really (the texto) look well…real. :+1:

How come we don’t get to play as an elf? You probably get asked that alot huh lol Do you plan on adding any new race? I vote for TROLL! and I’m thinking ‘Shadowrun Troll’’ . Cose your game remind me of that . Yeah, not asking for dwarf Lol its feel more cyberpunk like, since guns and magic stuff . You know?

Oh plz make the next 2 romances some buffed amazones with ABS! :smile:

from Shadowrun (game has portraits to use as your avatar), my 2 favorites Orc I play as.

5 Likes

She would definitely, undeniably try to murder you yes.

Yes, a few people asked that already. There is a story reason why your MC can’t be an elf, but I already said before, that if you play your cards right, you will be able to see what it would be like for an elf to join law enforcement :smiley: The third race option, the “mixed-heritage” is for MCs who are a descendant of any other race. It means that other NPCs won’t recognise your race, but you can headcanon anything here basically as long as it fits the story. Even troll haha but your troll MC will be human-sized then and act like a normal person :smiley: That’s also the reason why I don’t plan to add more MC races later.

Those romance options are not crystal clear yet, so anything can happen :wink:

And you can definitely play as those orcs on the pictures in this story as well. My god they are beautiful :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

The demo was really awesome! I was a bit disappointed when it came to an end…But I know there will be more in future. Eagerly waiting for the next update! I really liked the chat system though! I haven’t encountered this in any other games. And plz post ROs art!:smiley:

1 Like

The second half of chapter 5 is uploaded! I am very excited what you will think about it because there is quite a lot of new information… New characters introduced, a chunk of lore which I hope won’t be too boring and confusing, a new picture which is temporary but it will be drawn by me in the final edition… aaand a few other things. :smiley: I didn’t have a lot of time for testing, so there might be a few mistakes in the coding. If you run into anything strange, let me know!

p.s.: I noticed that there might be something weird going on with the Flirt Points. I uh… don’t know why that is but I will try to figure it out. (If they are correct for you then just ignore this part)

22 Likes

I have good news for you, the new update just went up :smiley:

I already have some drawings of the ROs, but I probably won’t share them for a looong time. I kinda want the players to be able to imagine them however they want, so those “photos” you get from them during the game won’t contain any illustrations of the characters either.

On the other hand… I would love to see any art anyone else makes. If anybody feels like making anything of course :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh man…tis part made me chuckle… :smile:

Summary

MC:’‘You are good for a drop out’’

Atin:’‘You call that a compliment?!’’

MC:’‘its a compliment!’’

Atin:’‘its not a compliment!! You ass!!’’

Elf lady: Hum…thank you for the insult-compliment

Mc:’’ It really was a compliment you know?’’

Atin:’‘She suck at compliment…thats what you get for skipping how to suck up to your boss-class :roll_eyes:’’

MC:’’ butthurt intensifie’’

3 Likes

lmao I love writing the professional/intimidating MCs. They are sometimes more fun than the funny ones :joy:

3 Likes

I love playing Stoic-broody characters. They can be refreshing from the usual casual, easy going persona lol They all have their charmes of course.

@vara hey, I’m still re-reading havent gotten to the new content, but this is something I caught last night and didn’t comment…cose brain is a spazze.

Your arm is already pulled back and now you give the asshole such a big slap in the face that he stumbles back a few steps.

This. The way it’s written, suggest a Punch not a big slap. and I rather punch him…then slap him :stuck_out_tongue:

Update: Aha! I knew it ! Check this : His face is already red at the side you punched him, Woot! lol we did Punch XD Also, (I maybe wrong but you’ll be the judge) but usually a punch leave a bruise. A slap leave a hand-mark not just red. A big slap would leave a hand print on the cheek, even small slap do that. But a punch would leave a bruise and the skin (depand on where you punched) would swell fast .Also, keep in mind stuff (small details really) like jewelery, like a ring. Those can make a difference in impact, can scartch the skin. And the person who does the punching will get hurt too. Unless they are used to punching…

1 Like

It’s official. I’m become a fan to your humour. Maybe if you keep this up, I’m going to become air conditioner. Thanks for beautiful morning you gave me🤸

3 Likes

Yeaaaah I guess I meant a slap there not a punch. Like a big-ass-slap. You know those types of slaps you can see on videos when a guy slaps another guy in the side of the face and the guy who was slapped just falls over like a tree. If you have an idea how to rephrase that to make it sound better then send me a DM! I’m not a native English speaker and I’m aware that sometimes my phrasing is kinda… wonky heh :smiley:

4 Likes

Aww but a punch is much better :stuck_out_tongue: And he so deserve to be decked like that lol

Your arm is already pulled back and now you give the asshole such a big slap in the face that he stumbles back a few steps.

Change it to:

Your arm is already raised, palm ready as you strike him with a big slap in the face that resonate loudly in the room and he stumbles back a few steps.

I aint an english speaker native either lol if anyone else wanna chime in this with a perfect english, feel free!

He started it, we just finish it.

2 Likes

I know but maybe not in the middle of the office with so many eyewitnesses haha :laughing:

1 Like

small corrections :

You continue glaring at him until he finally disappears at the corridor. You don’t understand what curses he’s muttering under his nose about you, but you couldn’t care less. (replace ‘‘at’’ with ‘‘in’’ and replace ‘‘nose’’ with ‘‘breath’’ )

3 Likes

Somebody also mentioned that they would like some scenes with the ROs point of view and I chose to leave that decision up to you :smiley: I was thinking around 3-4 scenes per book but we will see how it goes.
So please vote if you have a preference:

Do you want to read the ROs point of view after certain scenes?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

15 Likes

I think that’s a great idea I always like the POV change between RO and the MC :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Obviously yes for me. Say no more

1 Like

The update is absolutely amazing!!!

Tho noticed a misspelled word here:

Wiee

Should be “enthusiasm” and “behind”.

Pat yourself at the back. :bowing_man::bowing_man: You deserve it! :heart:

3 Likes

Loved the new update…Your humor is quite good. And also found this “thing” I guess:

After choosing to sit with Quinn,she sends the meme as a message but it doesn’t appear in the phone on stats page.

Edit: Nevermind…

1 Like