Elementals (WIP) Update! 18/6/19

@Drakeye
I’d actually edited “major and minor” to just “major” because it was what was relevant to the rest of the post. We are technically talking about a battle of Good Vs. Evil here. But yeah, a lot of decisions in my life are left to chance (coins, dice, cards, page numbers, closing my eyes and clicking/grabbing) or letting the other human in the room decide (if there is one). XD.

@Nathan_Faxon
I mean if it’s that obvious/easy/I absolutely don’t have to pick a side than yeah that probably. Lol.

Sometimes the only winning move is not to play. Thus if given the choice I’d nap through the fights.

Or ask for money, and work for whoever offers me more. If I get slaves along with it then even better because that just means my character can be EVEN LAZIER. I can imagine my character saying “The path towards attaining the sin of Sloth is a slow and very tiring one. Now that I think about it I can’t be bothered to be Sloth, too much work.”

Either way I do love how many people are like “I don’t really care if good or evil wins. I’m my own side.” :joy:

1 Like

Once upon a time…

There were the bad guy, the good guy… and you.

The good guy, always selfless, living to help and enjoy the peace that he leaves on his path…

The bad guy, always selfish, worshiping his own wishes and devouring everything…

And you, completely indifferent or unaware of what the hell is going on.

But this two fight each other… the bad guy and the good guy… Why?

Because if there is something these two have in common is that the two of them believe they are right.

But it’s not enough with knowing they are right, once you reach the top of your own doing… you need someone to remark your own achivements and ideologies… what is better than the quote, You are right and feel the last stop of your satisfaction consume you.

Now, its impossible to show that achivement to your opposite side. SPOILER, its like telling Kylo Ren hate is not the answer… have you seen what happened to Han? That old guy? You just don’t… (dude… get an anger management…))

SO! At the very point you must look for someone who haven’t pick a side… YOU, for example… either because you didn’t have time to read the brochure of any of the sides while you were doing your “duties” on the bathroom or because you really don’t give a…

Now the problem with any of the both sides is that your indifference drive them insane… just like I am right now. That means you have the power over both of the sides as they only wish a “compliment” on their achivements, shake their hands, point and laugh together as the loser side walks away…

But no… of course… that doesn’t amuse you… you have all you need… your dog/cat/mirrow/foot/hand/self to have company, water, food, taxes… your life couldn’t be any better and you have no reason to fight on a war.

So this story ends… no one get anything. Except for YOU…

Congrats…

7 Likes

You talking about masters of indifference? Because it sounds like you are and it doesn’t apply to them. Especially if they are introverts, which they probably are since this path keeps you away from people xD

Either way we win in the end!

1 Like

As a hopeless shipper and Star Wars fan, while replaying the demo, I couldn’t help, but notice the similarities between KyloxRey and my fem!MCxDante dynamics. KyloxRey are both extremely Force sensitive; respectively MCxDante are both rare Elemental. Dante is immediately drawn, attracted to her (to her powers, potential; the same happened to Kylo, although in Kylo’s case it’s more heavily implied that it’s more than platonic (subtext).
Anyway, both dynamics some how are already and unwillingly sharing a strong strange bond, Force bond probably in KyloxRey’s case. Both Kylo and Dante are getting owned by Rey and MC in fight (and they like it xD), find their equals in them.
Both ship dynamics have this complex, possible hate/love, admiration, want-to-surpass-each other, challenge each other strange relationship, which is what I love and search in my ship dynamics, and MCxDante has so much potential, you made me fall in love with, and can’t wait to see what you have in store with them. :blush:

Can’t help it though, but imagine a potential, future dialogue between them:
Dante: Raven, you need a teacher, I can show you the ways of the elements
MC: Nope, not interested
Dante: You know, I can whatever I want
MC: Try
Sorry for my ramblings, it was my inner fangirl. :flushed:

6 Likes

I don’t know… 6 people support my idea with 6 likes… what about you?

:stuck_out_tongue:

@kitkat > Sorry for my ramblings, it was my inner fangirl. :flushed:

Rambling you say? The Author ( @AJ_ ) loves it! So bad that she might actually add you to her “friends” list to ramble together… Oh believe me… she will… (A Panda gave you a like, who am I to judge The Panda? )

And talking about MORE rambling… @WhiteLynx Hoi! Come over here! We have rambling to start all over again!

Love ya all!

3 Likes

Ehh what do you mean by that? Not too sure what your sentence exactly means, especially when you didn’t answer my question so that just adds onto the confusion.

Awesome story can’t wait for more :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AJ_ mentioned awhile ago production on Elementals will be much slower now because there’s a lot of things in her life that are higher priority. Rest assured, she’s still working on it. It’s just not on top of her to do list.

Also, it is against the rules to ask about updates. Writers need patience and time, else they will rush their work and then it becomes a large mess and disappointment. Be patient and be respectful. Thank you :blush:

7 Likes

My apologies, just enjoyed the story, didn’t mean to break the rules.

3 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

It’s as @Nathan_Faxon says (Thank you :smiley: ), and it tends to take me ages because I generally do around 3 drafts of each scene before posting… which is a pain but for me it’s necessary.

But hang in there! I’m still writing :yum:

12 Likes

No arguing, I order you to take as much time as you want not a second less. I also order you to ignore any order I tell you, I order you to also build a tower 500 cubits tall by 2 cubits wide. I like purple potatoes.

4 Likes

So, don’t take as much time as she needs and just rush it? lol

All potatoes are nice, though.

Y purple potatoes? And not all

@Drakeye Ah but if I follow the order to ignore your orders then aren’t I breaking the order to ignore your orders by following it? :speak_no_evil: … I lost myself with that, but what I’m trying to say - Paradox! Maybe…? my brain started to hurt anyway.

Anyway… I’m currently writing more Lily time :smiley: When I say currently - I mean it’s next on my list but almost!

2 Likes

More Lily time is always a good time!

1 Like

I love your writing style, love where the story is going and plot is/will there be any way to beta test?

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: Honestly all your guy’s feedback keeps me writing :yum: [quote=“Melzzi_d, post:449, topic:12855”]
will there be any way to beta test?
[/quote]

Er maybe…? Honestly It’d be a way off so I’m not really thinking about it right now :sweat_smile: Sorry for the very vague response.

7 Likes

Wow! This story is extremely interesting. I like how the characters are really fleshed out. The story kind of reminds me of that Disney movie sky high - and that’s not a bad thing. I’ll definitely keep my eyes on this one.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :smile::two_hearts: I’d never actually seen nor heard of that before now :speak_no_evil: I probably won’t watch it just incase :sweat_smile:

1 Like