Elementals (WIP) Update! 18/6/19

I loved it i total became the supreme ice queen

1 Like

Coding error is fixed, though I’m currently trying to find a way to update the link without actually having to get a new one. That way it’ll save me from having to obtain it and editing the main post.

@ruhenri and @Misa101 Thank you both! :slight_smile: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Just save the compiled file under the same name as the old file and overwrite that old file. That way the old link should automatically refer to the new file.

Very fun game, I really like the premise, and I think that you managed to execute it very well, good job. I think my only criticism at this point would be that the characters don’t exactly feel like they’re 18, maybe 16 or 17, but it’s not that big of a deal, so you don’t have to change it if you don’t want to, or have things planned. Anyway, I hope you can continue this, I’ll look forward to playing more! :smile:

1 Like

Omg i cant stop giggling at youre comment xD Im 21 and i still act the same, like when i was 17 years old.
I dont see much difference between the ages 16-18 honestly, or at least when it comes to the “feel”.
I think youre criticism would be much on point if the characters where in their late 40`s and acted like 16/17 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But honestly your comment made my day :laughing:

2 Likes

I think by 16/17 you are who you are. Your decision making will change as you gain more experience at adulting but your personality won’t change much.

Played again as Robert just to find I can fight with Jack!

Then I ended up in a awkward situation where I punch him in the face… and I was not supposed to punch him in the face? but use my elementals powers to learn how to wield them?
YET, I won because yolo. Jack must be hating me right about now… (Too bad bro, I like to play dirty)

Told you before, I tell you now. I love the story, love the characters, love “Robert” as selection name, I can not find something I hate but this strange feeling growing inside out telling me to play more, as you said “Yikes!”

Good luck! :smiley:

1 Like

You know, now that you mention it, I can see where you’re coming from. The characters DO seem to be a little bit aged down for 18, more like they’re in junior high, kind of? Just from the dialogue? I think generally speaking, if the author is uncertain about how they want to portray their characters in an age group, it’s safer to go up. Characters that act too young for their age can be a little off-putting to some people, but I don’t feel like there’s a significant reverse effect for more mature characters.

1 Like

This website has been reported as unsafe

dl.dropboxusercontent.com

We’ve got you covered, but we recommend that you do not continue to this website, because it has been reported to Microsoft for containing a threat.

How about you say this is a problem with my computer and I say you reported a threat to Microsoft just to annoy me? :smiley:

That’s just windows/ie trying to prevent malicious software getting on your pc, we’ll have to keep looking :smiley:

1 Like

@Cecilia_Rosewood Thanks I’ll try that next time :smile:

@Martymcchew @shettiejw Thanks for your input :yum: However I’m unsure how exactly you want me to distinguish the difference between 16-17 year olds and 18 year olds? The characters’ in the same year as the MC are actually either 17 or 18 and I have to agree with @GloriaRose and @LordOfLA simply because I don’t think the second someone turns 18 there’s going to be a personality difference. I know people who are 16/17 and I know people who are 18 and I can’t say I’ve observed much difference. In fact I know 17 year olds who are much more mature than some 18 year olds :smile: So I think a lot of it depends on the person themselves.

Regardless, I don’t plan on having the characters seem too immature as like you say @shettiejw, that can be off-putting, so if that really is an issue for a lot of people I might be able to change some things slightly. Saying that, I’m going to need a bit more than ‘they act like they’re 16’ because to me there’s not much difference, personality wise, between 16-17/18. I’m sorry if this come across as rude in any way :hushed: and I want you to know that I really do appreciate the feedback. :two_hearts:

@ShadowBroker Thanks again :slight_smile: You can’t actually lose the battle against Jake - the choices are there more to determine what stats you want to raise and whether you want to improve your elemental abilities or your other skills such as fighting and agility. It will become harder and harder to improve your abilities as the game goes on. But thank you so much and I’m glad you like ‘Robert’ as a selection name :smiley: (even if i’m a little confused as to why) :joy:

@TheTrueKing I don’t know if that’s real or not, but either way I’m not on windows so I feel pretty safe :joy:

About the game
I have added about 3k more words to the story, It’s a slow process but I’m getting there. The next update will likely be once I’ve finished chapter 1- when that’ll be I currently have no estimate. However, looking at my plan, I’m not even half way through. So I might update earlier at a good spot so you’re not kept waiting for ages :slight_smile: Thank you everyone for playing and for the feedback :two_hearts:

15 Likes

@AJ_ I dont know, like it more than I should I guess :wink:

Oh! I see, then next time I will just find the option “Slap him”… I think it was there right? I wonder what stats will increase me (?

hahaha going to read what you added right now!

1 Like

Yeah, that is understandable I think it’s just the ingrained, once you turn 18 you need to be a responsible adult now, kinda thing. Or another reason could be that most games which feature characters with powers have the main characters to be under 18 (Or at least the ones I’ve played) and it’s hard for me to imagine them not as 15 year olds. Anyway, I’m off to play this again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

First of all I love it second of all goddang it i really wanted to fight Dante dude amazing I love it also I would only say add more options to be evil please pretty pretty please I always love being the evil character in games

1 Like

I really like this and can’t wait for the update. I especially like playing as an indifferent liar and was pleasantly surprised when Dante liked my MC for lying to him, which in turn made me like him more! Characters like him tend to be crowd pleasers: all mysterious and misunderstood. But I like that he seems to just sincerely be ‘bored, teenage asshole’ who appreciated similar traits in others. That makes sense x).Saying all that, I still am in love with jerkasses with hearts of gold, so if that’s what you’re planning, carry on ofc.
Ok I’m rambling.

Anyways, you’ve got me hooked. I can’t wait for the fight with Dante. Is he really tough to beat? I think it’d be cool to have it like if you beat him, that’s good, you’re taking advantage of your strong skills and losing to him could be like oh no you’re not. And then if you do win then whoa, heavy boost to your reputation.

Keep up the good work.

Edit: also, maybe I’m just supremely immature but I didn’t find anyone particularly young. Like, they didn’t curse a lot or anything (which kinda supports my point tbh; students in jr high have a lot in common with sailors) but no one struck me as that young. Rose, for instance seems perfectly mature and responsible. The MC also reads to me like an adult. Though yeah, Ciro came off as Rose’s bratty younger brother, but eh, some people are just like that. I thought it was like Prof. X’s mutant academy–even though you did point out that the MC was older than usual, so my bad–where there’s a variety of ages.

6 Likes

@ShadowBroker Aha you can slap your original attackers but not Jake unfortunately :joy:Thanks for playing again!

@Generikb thank you :slight_smile: And don’t worry, you will have plenty of chances to be evil in the future :smiling_imp:

@pyla8 Thank you so much :blush: I won’t say a lot about Dante’s character because I don’t want to spoil too much, however I will say(warn?) that Dante is not going to have a ‘heart of gold’. :wink:

Aha yes Ciro is definitely the most immature of the bunch however he can be extremely serious if the situation calls for it which you will hopefully see later :slight_smile: Thank you for reading! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Well I probably won’t be too disappointed! My standard for ‘heart of gold’ is pretty low. Read Jayne from Firefly.

No problem. Thank you for writing it. x)

Also, speaking of the intro, will Kasey ever show up again? Will the MC just not have anymore interaction/thought for her and the orphanage or better yet, will there be a choice? Uh oh wait that’s spoilers. Alright the background choice is something I’d be interested in and doesn’t need an answer. But like, Kasey: nod or head shake? I don’t even like her but she seems like a character with so much potential (frankly b/c she’s such a mess.)

2 Likes

Im liking Dante more and more :smiley: Muhahahaha

5 Likes

@pyla8 [quote=“pyla8, post:118, topic:12855”]
Also, speaking of the intro, will Kasey ever show up again?
[/quote]

Nod :wink: Though my original plan for her I ended up scrapping so my plan is a bit vague right now. You will however be able to mention/think about her in the next update.

@Faviasc Being an asshole will generally make you disliked by most people :joy: even Dante if you’re enough of one :slight_smile: E.g picking the ‘none of your business’ option.

2 Likes

I would’ve put some characters more at, say…14 or so? I think I just got the impression that they were very enthusiastic and excited in a child-like way…maybe I’m just cynical :open_mouth: Perhaps the gravity of a more serious character would help balance things out characters that are more playful? I don’t know if that makes any sense. But either way, I really like what you have going on right now! Much love <3 <3 <3