Elementals (WIP) Update! 18/6/19

@ShadowBroker Aha you can slap your original attackers but not Jake unfortunately :joy:Thanks for playing again!

@Generikb thank you :slight_smile: And don’t worry, you will have plenty of chances to be evil in the future :smiling_imp:

@pyla8 Thank you so much :blush: I won’t say a lot about Dante’s character because I don’t want to spoil too much, however I will say(warn?) that Dante is not going to have a ‘heart of gold’. :wink:

Aha yes Ciro is definitely the most immature of the bunch however he can be extremely serious if the situation calls for it which you will hopefully see later :slight_smile: Thank you for reading! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Well I probably won’t be too disappointed! My standard for ‘heart of gold’ is pretty low. Read Jayne from Firefly.

No problem. Thank you for writing it. x)

Also, speaking of the intro, will Kasey ever show up again? Will the MC just not have anymore interaction/thought for her and the orphanage or better yet, will there be a choice? Uh oh wait that’s spoilers. Alright the background choice is something I’d be interested in and doesn’t need an answer. But like, Kasey: nod or head shake? I don’t even like her but she seems like a character with so much potential (frankly b/c she’s such a mess.)

2 Likes

Im liking Dante more and more :smiley: Muhahahaha

5 Likes

@pyla8 [quote=“pyla8, post:118, topic:12855”]
Also, speaking of the intro, will Kasey ever show up again?
[/quote]

Nod :wink: Though my original plan for her I ended up scrapping so my plan is a bit vague right now. You will however be able to mention/think about her in the next update.

@Faviasc Being an asshole will generally make you disliked by most people :joy: even Dante if you’re enough of one :slight_smile: E.g picking the ‘none of your business’ option.

2 Likes

I would’ve put some characters more at, say…14 or so? I think I just got the impression that they were very enthusiastic and excited in a child-like way…maybe I’m just cynical :open_mouth: Perhaps the gravity of a more serious character would help balance things out characters that are more playful? I don’t know if that makes any sense. But either way, I really like what you have going on right now! Much love <3 <3 <3

Age is but a state of mind. Some people act their age others act younger or sometimes older and smarter. I thought i should mention that.

I absolutely loved the demo. I wished it would never end! I can’t wait to see where the plot takes us. :smile:

1 Like

@DisturbedOne

I hate to disagree, but while people do sometimes act older or younger, age is not a state of mind. Age is a measure of time spanning between the moment of a living creature’s birth and the current moment in time.

2 Likes

Totally agree with Mr Doc.

Now my question remains… Doctor Who?

2 Likes

@ShadowBroker, what if I said my name is … Doctor Doctor?!

Then, @Doctor , I must say that is highly redundant for a man with a doctorate … @Doctor

1 Like

Is the age really an issue? :sweat_smile: Because I can change how the characters act slightly if so :see_no_evil: I don’t want people to be put off by it if I can avoid it :slight_smile:

Not an issue. Mountains from molehills at best :smiley:

2 Likes

In my opinion no. The behaviour of your characters are more tied with their personality and how mature could they be.

The two above are not attached by the age but a mental condition. And this two are attached only until the brain is self aware of its surrounds.

In a more simple point… I seen people of 45 act like childs and seen kids of 11 with better understanding of his own life than myself.

Just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I also have no problem. My little sister is actually 17 and I think this is an accurate portrayal of how her and her peers behave. There are of course exceptions (as stated before maturity levels can vary) but I think how you’ve written the characters is completely fine.

1 Like

I don’t think age matters I guess some people prefer to play as a teen rather than a young adult but the characters seem interesting especially red when you ask her about the song she was tapping in her desk (yeah that is what I’m gonna call her from now on )

1 Like

My only criticism for these type of games is that good and evil bar in the status screen I want my character to appear cold and will go all out in a fight but kind to her friends and wouldn’t hurt any innocent person (as long as they stay out of my way at least)

Being labeled as good or evil seems boring, why can’t I be both?

1 Like

There was a post somewhere about @WhiteLynx’s concern, I think? Like, instead of Good/evil you maybe change it to brutality/peacefulness and make a second set of 50/50 bars like that that focus on something a bit more social like callous vs concerned or whatever. If you want. It’s a better mode, imo, but only if it’s what you want to put in . Multiple morality/personality stats are cool.

I also agree with the people who’re saying the age thing isn’t an issue. I enjoyed the characters and am super confused by people calling them immature, but that’s just my perspective. I’m saying this mainly b/c this is so subjective and I don’t want you to get distracted by added something as abstract as age. Especially since I don’t think anyone’s given any concrete examples of what the characters did that made them seem childlike.

Aside: I’m replaying this to see if there was some childishness I missed and reading closer. This is such a small thing but when Rose introduces herself and says “I’m Rose by the way.” I wish you’d cut out the ‘by the way’; that and ‘anyways’ bother me so much when I see them since they’re often unnecessary word clutter. Happy Thanksgiving! (more or less)

(haha , I was relieved I didn’t use my usual MC name of ‘Rose’ when my MC met you know who)

1 Like

Well it is true that many people don’t care about the age of the NPCs
My reason is a mix
1 it doesn’t matter to me and it’s more fun this way
2 I plan on burning everyone to ashes by the end of my playthrough so … Yeah … (not evil at all)

4 Likes

@WhiteLynx, I am really concern of your lack of imagination… You are among people whose power are capable of wipe every fabric of reality and exitence itself turning the rules of nature against every logic.

I would turn them all against each other, with cunning perfect dialogue… they all will thought that they are doing a greater good for humanity, but they are wrong… only satisfying my unbridled thirst for power, playing with people’s life making myself some kind of god…

Think about… you could do so much more… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes