Elemental Saga: The Awakening Feedback

Not only it has grammatical mistakes, it is also very buggy, for example:

At the fight at the Dr. Miller’s press conference, my element was Electricity, while training with Ellie it turns to Earth.

Where should I report them, should I create a thread, if so, then in which category; if not, then where should I report them?
EDIT: Okay so I forgot to mention that I have all the stats, including the relationships at 85.

How I got them you ask, the answer is pretty obvious. Sorry for me bumping up this thread due to me being an idiot. lol

1 Like

I played the game and I probably would have been annoyed if the price point for these games isn’t quite low. The game is disjointed, the writing quality is fairly poor and the story doesn’t make a great deal of sense. I didn’t bother to play all the way through because I became bored several chapters in. This game needed some serious beta testing and re-writing before it should have been released.

4 Likes

I don’t know whether Mandar Deshmukh has a forum account. But one of the things with Hosted Games is that CoG doesn’t provide a proofread or bug fix; that’s on the author. As long as the game passes Quicktest and Randomtest, it can be published.

The result is going to be vastly greater quality difference between HGs than between official CoGs. I’d never buy an HG without trying the free demo myself; hopefully any quality issues will become sufficiently clear during the demo.

Many of my favorite ChoiceScript games are HGs (the Infinity Series, Lucid’s games, Tin Star, Zombie Exodus) but some labors of love are better written than others.

8 Likes

I haven’t bought all of the hosted games but probably somewhere in the realm of half of them. I can say rather definitively of the hosted games I have played at this time. This one was by far the worst in terms of quality. Many of the hosted games like Guns of Infinity, Lords of Aswick and Samurai of Hyuga are as good or better than the official choice of games games.

Most of the hosted games appear to have gone through some form of beta testing, it kind of feels like this game wasn’t. Perhaps it should be a requirement.

1 Like

It is a requirement now, (After some other hosted game turned up with probably even worse grammar than this one.) but there’s still no guarantee that the people trying to get a game published will take the beta test seriously.

I loved it so Much that im so addicted I want a sequel . It was soo Good in fact that if it got one and I could Download my previous file or there was an update with more of the story I would extremely:happy even if the Sequal cost money I would buy it which is something I never do.:joy::sob:

1 Like

i love the story as well (it just the typos that make me feel uncomfortable–) but beside that, i love the story, and really really need to meet Brandon again :sob: so i would like the idea of the sequel. but i didn’t see the Author (a.k.a @MandarK) around, wish he/she well so they can confirm to us about the possibility of the sequel :grin:

This is absolutely have to get sequel,just look the ending!!!:astonished:(ukh,emoji…)

How do you get the fire element does anyone know?

Hey guys I m talking to official member of this forum, do u have any ways to contact the developer I mean to verify about sequence series … I loved the story and all and I think their are quite less errors in new series, I think he has updated the correction or it can be that I didn’t see them . If u can please verify the details about sequence …

How do I become fire

Is there a sequel to this game? I want to save Suma. Pls answer. :frowning:

can’t answer it as we didn’t get any confirmation from the Author (@MandarK) yet. hopefully we can see the sequel in the future :sob:

Likewise had some grammar and spelling issues but overall I really enjoyed the story is there going to be a sequel? Hope so

Really love the story ,there are some minor errors like grammars ,but overall it was pretty good need continuation the end it tears me up apart “cliffhangers” hate those need a sequel :sob:

@EtherealStorm @Vattena @Edric_Gidaya @Avolto @Saga23

oops, sorry… i forgot to inform you guys… i got a confirmation about the sequel from the Author at May 26, 2017… let me put the quote here:

so cheers guys!! and let’s wish the author some good luck and give them our support :wink:

1 Like

This is awesome news I was waiting for this since I read the first part.

1 Like

I will look forward for it😁

1 Like

Thank you @MandarK, I’m so excited to see the sequel and I really want to
save Suma. Wish you good luck.

1 Like

Sweet thanks for the update. Really excited to see the next chapter.

1 Like