Electoral College

What is everyone opinion on the Electoral College?(For people who do not live with in the U.S. it is how we pick the person in charge-aka the president- but we use states not people)

With the technology we have today I find it silly, especially since we show popular votes.

I have a vid. that shows I can become prez with less than 22% of the pop. voting for me

Starts from 4 minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC42HgLA4k

I’m against the Electoral College System, even though people who argue for it commonly call it a fairer way to elect the president. I feel like in this day and age a popular vote would be ok.

And here I was thinking that this topic was about a new multiple choice game about the electoral college.

Personally, I hate the electoral college. In 1824, 1876, 1888 and 2000 the candidate chosen by the majority of the voters did not become President. That’s 4 times too many.

Agreed. Time to move on from the Electoral College.

I’ve actually never heard any defense for it in a modern society. Can anyone think of any, or have heard any?

It’s supposed to benefit more rural areas by giving them more say government, and some people argue that the average American is not informed enough to vote logically.

This second video explains how the electoral college works simply put

Rural voters already have an outsized influence on the US government, thanks to the Senate. Look at the # of citizens per Senator in California vs Alaska and Wyoming. And there are some two dozen States with tiny populations that each have two Senators.

No need to skew it in the EC as well.