Eight Thrones (Working Title)

Oh man I can’t wait to get the chance to get some payback and inflict some good ole cruelty on my enemies.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45314691/CoG%20Games/8Thrones.html

Okay, first things first, this update is what I’m calling the ‘I’m a map’ update. The short is that there is no new content at the moment. I’ve done only two things of note:

1. Spell check: Holy crud I did not realize how badly I needed to spell check this, and now that notepad++ does it, it should hopefully remain spell checked as I go forward.

2. Maps: These are only placeholder mockups of the maps that I intend to include in the game (mockups that I would have had to draw up in the end anyways, so no real time wasted on them). There are three of them, and the only feature that they don’t include is geography, which is a very important feature.

3. The minor thing I’ve included is a bit more fluff in regards to what’s in the stats screen (the dukes of Dunear) which will end up getting hidden until they become relevant at some point, and I’ve tweaked the way certain things are said and described on some pages (technical stuff). Just know that when it tells you the PC’s age in the stats screen, I probably have a few grey hairs because of that. Hopefully it should all work though.

Now, this is going to be on wait a little bit as I have a bit of and update to Æon Sage that is almost finished. That said, I’m asking ahead of time, what would people rather see me work on, Æon Sage, or this? I’ll be asking the same question when I post the update to Æon, and no, no promise that I’ll be going with the majority, but likewise no promise that it won’t influence me either. That said, aside from the update to Æon, there’s one thing I have to complete before I move on to adding significantly more content to either.

Take care of you’re other project first as it seems to be near completion, then you can focus on this and not be distracted.

@Reaperoa just letting you know that I got a 404 error with the link.

@jacobb21 This one works fine:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45314691/CoG%20Games/8Thrones/index.html

Thank you!!!

Both look promising, but Eight Thrones is currently doing a better job at holding my interest.

In the end, it’s your choice what to continue working on, but Eight Thrones is more of my cup of tea. I can’t say for anyone else, but it certainly has me intrigued.

None of the links work new or old. Been waiting for this to come back for a long time. Keep up the good work!

Wait what point is this supposed to go up to? I always get stuck being a servant at the inn.

I agree with Sneaks, I find Eight Thrones holding my interest better, but either is fine.

@Reaperoa
Whilst I really like both this and Æon Sage, I just generally prefer Sci-fi as a genre and I like the fact that so far Æon Sage feels like it is going to be quite heavily character focused, given the type of game your proposing and current available interactions with Kist - and for me I always tend to get more involved in character focused stories.

@Scrivener Have you tried copying the link and putting it directly into your web browser?

Try this link and see if that takes you to it. If not, I don’t know why you can’t access it, as I can’t recreate the problem, so all the general questions: What exactly is the error you’re getting? Are you using something other than a PC, and if so, what are you using? Can you access the page on another device?

@Beezlebub The last screen should just say “TODO TODO” followed by the play again prompt. That’s where it ends at the moment. With 8Thrones in particular, because of the way things are organized, I end up with a lot of TODOs just hanging out.

@Reaperoa Hmm it’s acting perfectly fine now. I tried the links that wouldn’t let me before and they’re all working fine now.

i prefer that you continued with eight thrones because it really dragged me into its world, and two i cant wait all the horrible things im gonna do to the witch when i return.
and also probably a spoilers do we actually get black marked or is it something you can avoid it ?.

On the map screen and in the beginning, “boarder” should be “border”. But I guess spellcheck knows that if it really sophisticated like.
“shown stripped” should be “striped”?
The new map screens can be a bit repetitive and confusin’. Lots of "and"s, as well as: “until about a hundred and fifty years before your birth, much like the whole kingdom was your families some four hundred years ago.” “blue field with a white shield adorned by a blue flower with brown seeds and leaves” “who’s (whose) arms are a white dragon on a black field.” “who’s arms are a gold gauntlet”…

It said I broke the game because I was over 200 years old. XD

@Beezlebub Damn. I thought I checked everything to catch that, unless you used one of the testing tools. Did you use one of the testing tools, and if not, can you tell me what in particular you did? (Also, yea, there’s a couple of jokes scattered around in those little corners that no one is supposed to get to, 'though a lot of them are purely in the code and it shouldn’t be possible to ever see them.)

@Bagelthief Thanks for the spell checks. Mechanical Spell checks aren’t quite as helpful when your just replacing the correct words with other real words.

As for the criticisms about he maps, that’s something I’ve been struggling with in the back of my mind a lot (how best to do them). While I think getting the real maps I’ll be using (which will be hand drawn) will certainly help, I don’t imagine that fixing the problem (and I’ll be needing to determine how exactly I’m going to do it in the first place before I get the maps drawn). I’m thinking that I’ll most likely go with text directly on the map with much shorter blurbs under (1~2 sentences rather than the current paragraphs). Drawing up mockups of that would take a good bit more time though, (probably get around to it after my ÆonSage update and third other project.)

I would really like to see you work on this game

I really want this game :3. Sort of Game of Thrones and Choice of Romance mix-up. :slight_smile: