Dragon! [Working Title - WIP]

Good introduction! And couldn’t the fourth element be size? Yes, I know that size isn’t really a traditional element- but I’d rather roar as loud as thunder, fly fast and stomp on everything like a little child stomping on ants. I dunno on how you’d implement it, but let’s just say magic did it. Magic makes elephants the size of mice.

Poison has to be the fourth element poison can freeze, poison can burnt you paralize and make you see things never where and is stealthy poison is so awesome

Having poison would be cool

But what about shadow?

Shadow or iron dragon would be cool

Shadow/darkness could work. It wouldn’t be like the others (geared mostly towards mass destruction) but more for a cunning dragon. Shadow travelling, cloaking… I can think of quite a lot of things to do with shadow. I can imagine that instead of using your element as a brute force weapon, you would be stealthy, and use your powers of darkness to hide yourself and cause confusion and use physical attacks to kill anyone you have to.

MAGICAL RAINBOW DRAGON

Holy,poison,shadow,wind,or iron dragon

Void dragon :3

Nooo! All the magical rainbow dragons are mine! Mine! No one else can have them.

I think it depends on what you intend to do with your dragons. If the main purpose is to have a breath weapon, that does damage, and is largely interchangeable with the others then… BEES!!!

No?

What about Decay. Which causes all it’s breathed on to wither and die and erode?
Lasers.

Robot dragon

… Wow, I’m really surprised to wake up to see a lot of suggestions and comments about the fourth element, while I was expecting nothing at all xD Thank you guys!

I think that after major opinion, poison might win the spot. Or rather, I think the better word for it is acid after how @FairyGodfeather worded it. I’m not sure, my brain just woke up so I’m still playing around with the idea, especially with the acid rain and all. All the other elements (Earth, Air, Water, Shadows, Iron, Size, etc.) would probably be a minor magic that you will have the ability to learn later on. I guess I should really clarify it by now.

I’ll try not to spoil so much :b In the game, you have a main element and other minor elements. The main element is innate & most powerful magic that you will ever have/learn. Minor elements are magic that you will have to learn throughout your journey, thus mastering them is your choice. You’d probably have to choose 3/4 minor elements out of a list, but I don’t know if I can make it that complicated. We’ll see; but don’t worry! You’ll be able to use some of the minor elements for sure.

@Natsu_Dragneel: Not quite like Dragon Slayers, the mages didn’t receive any sort of permission to observe the dragons in the first place… And well, most of them died trying to :b But whatever they did, it worked!

@haqeirah, I do plan on making the MC look at water at some point during dragon form; it’s just hard to find that slot right now. Hopefully in the second chapter, but I’m still not sure, and the stats screen I’m still tweaking here and there. The color variable is on there for now though :b

One reason why I didn’t choose water is that I was thinking of making it a sub-category of ice in the first place, such as lasers with fire (yes you might get lasers).

If I answered any of your questions in the third paragraph, then I’d be really, really spoiling the rest of the story for you xD

I’m not having too big of a trouble right now, I guess, although suggestions are welcome! The next chapter is really about waking up in the forest, getting treated by a girl/boy (depending on your sexual alignment, yes a possible romance option), and then going into the city and… Well that’s all I’ve got xD But later on in the end, you’d meet a dragon and then he’d be nice towards you, which is not supposed to happen. So yeah, missing a middle part really.

@JLBH, they’re definitely one of the ‘bad people’ right now, although their goal is a bit different, we’ll see if they want to take over the world.

@PORT3R & @FairyGodfeather You could write in ‘rainbow’ for the pendant color instead of choosing a gem color; you’d immediately have a magical rainbow dragon! :b

I meant since our character isnt taught by a dragon itll be like 2nd gen of slayer who receive dragon magic from a lacirama in their bodies

as a dragon will you be able to subjugate towns or cities and receive money or treasure and will be there be other magical races.

Lol. I wasn’t really expecting you to answer all those questions. Here’s another one though, is the story maybe about a reconcileation between humans and dragons? That could explain the ending.

I’m thinking that the people with the pendant were either:

A. Trying to force the change in you, thinking that you would be the usual “destroy anything in your path” kind of dragon, or for some other reason.
B. Trying to kill you because they knew you could turn into a dragon and they didn’t want any problems.

I’m also guessing that most if not all of them can turn into dragons with those pendant things, and one of them was the black dragon, who probably burned your house down. Maybe hoping you would die in the fire? Or if it’s near-death experiences that cause the change, then they were trying to trigger it. That’s actually not so likely, now that I think about it. It seems as though the pendant is responsible for the change, and so, if they are behind the fire, they must want to kill you. I have to say that if this is the case, that man was incredibly stupid to let you grab his pendant. Taking it off first might have been a good plan, or he could have transformed and made sure he did the job propperly.

So er, when you mean minor magic, do you mean there’s absolutely no way on splitting an atom or growing to the size of the moon? :frowning:

@Natsu_Dragneel I didn’t watch that far, sorry :b

@Choiceofgamer98 I don’t think I’ll implement the ‘receive money or treasure’ part as that’s not the main point of why dragons terrorize cities; they only do so for fun and gold holds little meaning to them. I doubt there will be other magical races because I want to keep this simple, and I think that the relationship between humans & dragons are enough for me, right now.

@haqeirah It COULD be, it depends on how you play the story, really. If you don’t care about it, it’ll all go tumbling down, or you could stop it and something. I plan on having numerous endings (as well as a few secret endings) but that may just be ambitious me so we’ll see if I can get to it or not.

You can guess, but I’m not going to confirm anything. Too much spoilers, sorry xD

@Happy … To split an atom/growing to the size of the moon requires you to be the ancient, all-powerful dragon. Unfortunately, the MC is not the ancient, all-powerful dragon. S/he can still do some cool stuff, though!

Also, I got a question for all the coders out there. I want to try and do selectable_if nots instead of normal if nots for the stat choosing. I tried, really, and well it said it couldn’t ‘parse’ the line. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if ChoiceScript just can’t do selectable_if nots. Thanks!

For more scale choices, how about a black pearl or onyx, or noticing the metal of the pendant itself and not the gem, so choices for gold, or silver, brass or bronze, or even iron or steel?

I wish the stat allocation system was all at the same time, I mean if someone wanted to be charming it would be nice to know that they had better not accidentally prioritize something else instead first by accident.

For some more out there breath weapons:

How about gravity?  A breath weapon that can send your foes flying, or pull them in close into your mouth or into claw range, or force them to the ground helplessly?

How about a death dragon that spreads disease with its breath weapon?

Or a void dragon whose breath causes things and people to just cease to exist?

Lava breath weapons?

Void=overpowered. But having some darkness magic would be nice. Darkness could be shaped as you pleased Into things like weapons/small minions and cause you to regenerate. If you suffer a major injury then you visit a room in you head where a dark spirit talks to you while your body is healedby darkness. Trying to drive you mad and turn you against your friends

The demo was fun ^ _ ^ ill be looking forward to more when it’s done

I thought of a main breath

Death mist
Or
Fear mist
A grey or black mist that you can breathe out and spreads and whovever it touches experiences total fear amd dies of heart attack ect this could be scienifically possible as well as all it needs to have in it are the hormones that activate fear so i think it would be the most scary of all the breath abilities as you can heal from a heat or cold burn or recover from lightning but once you breath in or absorb the mist through your skin you die

Just a suggestion anyway @Random you decide its your game