Dragon Racer (WIP) - Updated 1/30/17 (post 615)

Careful with the forum rules @Inessy, no asking when the book is about to be released. Just letting you know, and before anyone asks no I am not an admin :smile_cat:

It’s called a moderator. The admins are a tier above that. @Inessy Anyway, just for good measure, this is where you can find the relevant part of the forum rules. Have a nice day.

2 Likes

oh sorry if i caused offence @Cecilia_Rosewood, it was unintentional.
but anyway I was in one of my drawing moods last night and this is what I drew (if the author does not want it up then just say ok :smile:)

so there it is! a good(ish) fanart for dragon racer!

3 Likes

I’m going to end up having make a page or something for the fanart so I have a collection of it. Bu that’s beautiful, I actually just got the cover art for the game the other day from my friend.

1 Like

really, I cant wait to see it since I love art so much and to be honest, my art wouldn’t really look great on the cover of a book anyway. I think i’ll just stick to writing skills, well I have to I’m writing a book :sweat_smile:

Woops! I’m so sorry x.x I wasn’t really asking for a date it’s just that I read through the entire topic and saw that it’s advanced a lot, sorry again!

Huh? Wait, what? Oh OK I catch your drift :sweat_smile:

Cassius Vivet

This is without clothing. This took forever too do cause I had no idea how I was going to draw this guy. But it has happened. His main colors are still being thought about because I like the idea of purple but I also like the idea of light blue. Saren is next.

I am a step closer to being done and thought to put a few tips:

• When it comes to romancing someone be careful. It is not possible to rekindle a romance after breaking up with someone (this does have one exception). And if you do break up with someone then some other romances can be chased but others might be off limits because of relationships.
  • As you get farther into the game, play your strengths.
  • When it comes to the branches be careful when deciding as if you do reach the amount required to master it, all other branches will be cut off and you can no longer use them.
9 Likes

Saren Perrot

This is without clothing. Dragon Racer’s favorite . . . um . . . I don’t know there’s alot of words I could call this loveable jerk. Is it weird that I have a small crush on him now, like I’m kinda rethinking that whole only male romance thing (not gonna change it). I’m almost done, just gotta do Allison now.

On a side note, I envisioned Shader with an Australian accent and now I can’t seem to stop.

9 Likes

Now I’m going to start imagining him like Chuck Hansen from Pacific Rim except he’s piloting a dragon instead of a jaeger. :joy:

4 Likes

Oh gosh why would you give me such an image!

1 Like

Update 1 out of a 2 Part:

• So most updates aren’t for the demo but tada I have a big one at the moment. The update contains an entirely new prologue. No I didn’t just do some grammar changes or add some choices, it’s all gone and changed.
  • Some other areas have been added to, particularly 7 Years Later (once known as 11 Years Ago which sounded really weird when you think about it)
  • Also there are more dragon color areas.
  • Some changed and added choice.

The next update will have the other half of the demo fixed.

10 Likes

I went to check out the update and somehow there is a jump in the story from the part where you first meet Nyx to the part where you leave the town to join the team

2 Likes

I will check it out and fix it today, thank you.

Update 2 out of a 2 Part:

• Minor changes, mostly grammar that made me say “wow, how did you not catch this”
  • Most changes were done to A New Marauder in Town
  • Horrible changes to Shader. So practically if you didn’t like Shader before, well I’ve given you even more reason to dislike him, I made most of his responses even meaner than before.
  • Minor Nyx character changes
  • Stats added and taken out on some areas
  • Some change choices

Alright I’ll stop bothering this page now with things. No more updates unless something is broke. I shall focus on finishing now . . .

11 Likes

Grr, you’re right you’ve managed to make Shader even worse now, my mc wants to really show him how you do magic, but I suppose, given his lack of training, venting his anger on the trophy, or whatever the price is should we manage to win the “Rookie Showcase” will have to do, including of course wearing our manure covered stableboy outfit to whatever victory party that thing has and repeatedly, “accidentally” bumping into Shader and Saren. Besides if borrowing things from Nyx is his only alternative it would seem the stableboy outfit will be his only choice of attire at his first proper party. :sweat:
Might as well make it authentic in that case.

1 Like

Lol. Well, on the bright side, you will never have both Saren and Shader teaming up on you cause they hate each other as well.

I found this error on my play through. I cleared my browser history and played through to the same point with different choices and still got the same error result.

1 Like

I got a similar error but at the part where you meet Shader in the cave.

@DemonArcher13 and @Raven_Mocker thank you both. I’ve fixed the issue and updated it again.

1 Like