Dragon Pact(WiP)

Links to this WIP removed at the request of the author.

244 Likes

YES! Now it’s finally out, for all of you to enjoy…

15 Likes

you should correct the gender of the ros, i choose female and somehow all the text keep using boys,he etc

4 Likes

Pretty good start, I felt as if I was watching the beginnings of a JRPG. Are Thane, Airell, and Dagen gender-locked to being male? I selected both options to choose a gender for the NPCs or to set them all to female, but those three still end up being male. When it came to selecting my partner for marriage, as a straight male I could only choose Princess Lilura. I don’t think this will be a lot of fun for a number of players.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dragon Pact Moderated WiP - READ GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING

Reminds a bit of Yona of dawn. Not that it matters though. this is gonna fun

11 Likes

I’m a straight male and I chose Thane. I felt like the marriage didn’t really have to be sexual since you’re both men anyway and children don’t really come into the equation at that point. The marriage is honestly even kinder than most actual marriages were in medieval times. You generally wouldn’t get a choice at all. Anyway, my point is I don’t think the marriage options are meant to be particularly satisfying.

1 Like

Chose male MC and to have a crush on Airell in my playthrough. Yikes tragic decision. Poor MC… His love ended up backstabbing! :sweat: Time to go for Thane instead.

Quick things I found while playing.

Summary

A pronoun slip here.
ss1

Restarted for a second playthrough and chose to be best friends with Airell. Not sure where the stray [I] came from. Didn’t see it on the first playthrough.
ss2

3 Likes

congrats on the release of the demo rissa i know u have been working hard on it and can i just say…it shows!!! I love what u have so far and thank u so much for creating thane btw bc i am in Love With Him :moyai:

Summary

4 Likes

I love it , you broke my cold heart. But I do love thane , and I’m so gonna romance him :blue_heart: still why Airell? Why ?

3 Likes

I kinda feel the MC is pretty useless. They have no combat training and can’t even ride a horse, something they should probably know a little about considering they’re a prince/princess. Also is there gonna be a way to set your sexuality so I don’t have Thane flirting with me about stripping?

12 Likes

Why should your sexuality affect other characters?

I mean, you are not being forced to flirt back, are you?

22 Likes

No, but I’d rather have him not flirt with me about how I’m getting naked when he tells me to. Something I doubt a bodyguard would joke with their princess about.

5 Likes

Well, your sexuality doesn’t control what others do, pal.

Thane is a character of his own, regardless of your gender and sexuality.

Thane is not simply MCs bodyguard, they are very close friends as well and have been together since childhood.

Their relationship isn’t professional or duty only based.

5 Likes

Cool, but considering the game forces us with him I’d like some control on how he interacts with me. An option to say I’m not interested in men so stop. Unless his character is someone who doesn’t care and would continue to do so.

7 Likes

Is a comment that is not even that flirty, friendly banter doesn’t have to be flirtation unless you, the MC turn it into it.

Is kind of exhausting to see people going straight to “I want characters to change based on my sexuality” all the time.

23 Likes

Hmmm… Actually thinking about Thane’s relationship with the MC some more, it seems like he already has feelings for the princess/prince? Unrequited love (if you don’t choose him I assume!). That’s the vibe I got with the MC’s amazing face reading skills haha. Why we might not have the option to say no is because it’s part of the narrative?

15 Likes

That secret romance better not be Airell…lol
He broke me. I’m not gonna fall for it …again ,maybe

13 Likes

“You get naked when I tell you to” sure

No it’s “I want to set boundaries with certain characters and have them respect my choice”

Still would be inappropriate to joke about with their princess/prince.

8 Likes

I’m not too bothered about the other characters but I am kinda bothered about the MC. I feel like I don’t have as much control over them as I would like. I’m not trying to get anyone down but there were a lot of things the MC did or didn’t do that I just didn’t like. Like causally smacking Thane or hanging out in the garden or not knowing how to ride or waiting all day for Airell. I get that this is the author’s story and the MC is a character of their own but if that’s the case then I really don’t enjoy the MC as a character. At least, not from what I’ve seen so far.

21 Likes