I’ve completed a new game, Dragon of Steelthorne, which I am planning to enter in a comp in 2024, if responses are positive. Due to comp rules, there will be no public link. Awfully sorry about that! Please reach out to me privately if you would like to test the game. (At this point, I think my account is still too new to initiate the PM).
In Dragon of Steelthorne, you play as the Ardent or Ardessa of Lake Steelthorne, a mysterious city which holds a powerful secret. Originally tasked by your liege to settle and rule the city, you suddenly find yourself in possession of a power which could shape the world.
The game has some story sections, a simple city management system and a combat system. I borrowed some ideas (hope that’s ok) for the latter from Philip Kempton’s Swamp Castle.
- The game is about 120,000 words long, and has passed both randomtest and quicktest.
- There is a rudimentary save system which hopefully works correctly. It is available after Chapter 5.
- There are four romance interests in the game, two male and two female.
- I adopted a more minimalistic writing style for the game, as I’m not too sure of my current writing skill.
- I tried to avoid making this game too mature, in terms of content. I was toying with the idea of making an uncut version, but that’s something to decide on at another time.
- Achievements are not hidden. I made this decision as I wanted to tease the possibilities in the game. Thoughts on this?
Please feel free to put any comments in this thread, as long as it’s not overly spoilery. If you’ve any general questions, please feel free to put those in the thread as well. I’ll try to respond quickly.
Edit: Hmm… gained a trust level. If anyone is still reading this, here’s an awful title picture I made.