Dragon Chronicles WIP (update 29th July: Full base game working. 2 new scenes added.)

Thanks @lolz and @adrao! Glad you liked it :smile:

For anyone testing, it’s been brought to my attention that there’s a bug with health regain during hibernation. I’ll get the game updated with a fix as soon as I can be sure I have the code sorted.

1 Like

Another update is up with yet more bug and typo fixes.
There’s also one more additional scene where you can buy things and one additional lair option at the start :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think proper English is “marked as your”
No offence to your work, just hoping to help

1 Like

Hi All, just a short update on this project. I’m hoping it’ll be my next finished of my WIP’s and be done within the next couple of months. It’s currently sitting at about 78k with 13 different “missions” as I’m trying to get the replayability up. I also added in an extra starting lair since the last poll indicated a lot of people would like one. It still needs some of the missions finished with extra options added in, followed by a good edit and testing to get all the bugs out so no update yet. Hoping to have one out in the next month all being well :slight_smile: (May be a little longer depending on how buggy it is as this project is really code heavy.)

Thanks for sticking with me on the slow progress of my projects of late.

13 Likes

:slight_smile: is been looking forward to this! I’ll give it a read in the next few days!

Shouldn’t maybe be called the male gender of a dragon, well dragon? If I’m not wrong a drake is not really a full dragon(i mean if your story only use the classic dragon with four legs, calling it drake is wrong, they have two leg and something on the tips of their wings for “walking”)

My understanding is that historically drake is usually used as another word for a dragon rather than a separate species. (A wyvern has 2 legs and 2 wings, where as a drake can have 4 legs and 2 wings like a western type dragon.) Some fantasy books do seem to differentiate (usually to make drakes smaller) but it seems to depend on the author as to what they portray them as. Where I am definitely using the term incorrectly, is that historically it doesn’t mean specifically a MALE dragon. (ie could be female). I guess I was kind of borrowing from drakes that are male ducks, as a dragon can be either male or female as well. (I was just trying to make everything sound a bit more exotic with some poetic licence (instead of saying male dragon, female dragon, non-binary dragon), I know it’s not perfect though :confused: )

Thanks @adrao! I actually haven’t posted the update on dashingdons yet though. Still have to squash a few more bugs! Will let you know when it goes live though :smile:

2 Likes

The project lives.

:two_hearts:

8 Likes

Thanks @Eiwynn!
I can only think that the resurrection of this project is fitting given the way the game plays :grin:

Just a note: There may be a bit of a delay with dashingdon updates for new suggestions that have been made due to an exciting change in the works to do with this game’s development (announcement coming :grinning: ), but reopening the topic now due to some great feedback from @Denzil_Melgior_Nagel that was pulling another thread off topic. If anyone does want to comment on the game, please feel free though! I’m listening and will gather up any suggestions for the next update :dragon:.

6 Likes

im glad you reopened this game theres not enough games where you can play as a dragon in this world!

5 Likes

Thanks @AlexFalkor :slight_smile:
Totally agree, there can never be enough dragon games in this world. The more the merrier :dragon_face:

4 Likes

huzzah another person of Culture!

2 Likes

The thing I really like about this game is the fact that it is only as violent as you want it to be. Make trouble and you will get trouble, leave people alone and they will leave you be. It’s a real casual game, where you can simply live peacefully and coexist with the humans, or give them trouble. I really enjoy the casual gameplay.

5 Likes

Definitely a hidden gem!

2 Likes

Yet another minor thing that would be a great addition is the ability to enter our own colour for our scales. Being able to enter your own name, title and scale colours will give you limitless customisation.

2 Likes

I am so happy that this game is back!

3 Likes

I just have a quick question. Will there be romantic interactions, or will it just be part of an ending? Just curious.

2 Likes

Yes, that’d be possible. It might cause a bit of a conflict with one of the event scenes but I think I can find a way to work around that.

I’m planning to write a RO in as a possiblity to interact with during the game :slight_smile:

Thank you @Dragongodess and @sasa_se! :blush:

4 Likes