Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the issue is the variable that I set in startup.txt - if you’re coming from a saved game, it isn’t going to load it. The patch I put up is setting the variable again at the start of chapter 9, but it sounds like that might not even be working. FYI, I just tried loading from a chapter 7 save and didn’t have problems. Maybe it’s tied to chapter 8? :thinking:

Either way, thank you SO MUCH for giving it a shot from the quickstart and reporting back. :heart::heart::heart: I really appreciate it. :heart::heart::heart:

So sorry about screwing up your save state!

1 Like

So that is WEIRD, and doesn’t sound related to what Vox was seeing, but who knows :woman_shrugging:

It’s entirely possible that you loaded a pre-patched version of the file, and if you haven’t been able to reproduce the error since refreshing, that would be my strong hunch. Either way, though, I’ll try following the steps that you outlined to see if I can get a beat on it. Please let me know if you experience any other problems.

And THANK YOU!!! :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes: Seriously can’t tell you how much I appreciate the help. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I’m super paranoid about this chapter release now. :worried: If anyone could do me a huge favor and let me know if they’re able to play through all the way to the end, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Like

I did

1 Like

Made it to the end! Charles didn’t die but the attempt was made and holy shit why do I feel so guilty I am unbelievable :’’’)

I need to VAMP UP :muscle:t2:C’mon, me! Rich said I have balls for days!! I can’t disappoint my favorite asshole :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you @Phoenix_Wolf!!!

Even on an old save. And I got my vampire end.

1 Like

omg youre really gonna do that i-

I’ve been saving up vampire memes in my meme folder and now that this thread is back on track im ready to share them

2 Likes

Thank you so much for letting me know!

I think you’ll probably get over your guilt in the next chapter :wink:

:vampire::vampire::vampire: I know which ending you’re at. HAHA Rich looooves you right now!

2 Likes

This is GREAT feedback :smiley:

Glad you made it to the vampire ending, all that lack of humanity finally paid off :smiling_imp:

There’s no way I’m not doing that… I just need to find the perfect place to stick it (pun intended???)

Let 'er rip :grin:

1 Like

I was able to play it through to the end, great endings by the way

1 Like

God, why do you make my favourite authors release updates when I am at work. Why.

@Hannah_Minger glad to see you in this piece of art that as well. Which reminds me, @rose-court there is an update :eyes:

5 Likes

I get to that ending too, I guess? Which was a surprise for me because I tried throughout my game to become bffs with Paul. Heck I even won the blackjack! And I didn’t participate in Richards plan even trying to sabotage it.

But holy guacamole

That scene where Rich said Charles and Paul to get out of his apartment was epic!

2 Likes

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed them :slight_smile:

1 Like

:hugs: Oh good, you saw the release. I was gonna ping you today to make sure. :heart:

1 Like

Your relationship with Paul suffers a bit in chapter 9 no matter what you do, I’m afraid (dude’s under a lot of stress). But don’t worry. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to repair it in chapter 11!

It’s one of my favorites as well :slight_smile: Glad you enjoyed it!

2 Likes

There is more?

I thought the ending was well the end

1 Like

@Elena_H
Spelling error in chapter 1.

You stand there, paralyzed, until the Richard

Remove the bolded word.

1 Like

Great question. Just to be clear…

There are around 14 total endings (the number jumps around, I might need to double check), with 7 happy endings, 7 deaths. Four of the “happy” endings are available from chapter 9 (you can tell it’s a happy ending because it’ll have “And they all lived happily ever after” after it runs). After each ending (with the exception of BFFs and Certifiable Badass, which will be available in chapter 11), you’ll have the option of going back to a previous point to see how things worked out for the MC in a different universe (but let me know if you have trouble getting this to work).

2 more chapters available after chapter 9, but you’ll need silver to get there (if you wound up with the “trapped” ending, there should be an option to go back before the universe split, but with silver). Armed with silver, the MC is going to try to make a break for it in chapters 10 and 11. I hope you stick around to play through to your freedom! :slight_smile:

6 Likes