Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

Ooooooooooh, thank you.

2 Likes

No, no. Not too dark. But it’s still dark and I love it.

In my opinion I think it’s actually good. The fact that it’s supposed to be a happy ending makes it unique.

Perhaps not that happy, but it’s the best ending the MC can get? Still livin’ for that dark twist though.

Living for the drama :ok_hand:

It’s different from the other happy endings, and that’s why I find it unique.

The epilogue mentioned that Samantha went to a pre-school, so she’s not homeschooled. Wouldn’t she accidentally slip something about her twisted vampire family that might arise suspicion?

1 Like

@Fay Great questions :slight_smile:

Is this is the happiest ending the MC can get?

It’s my goal to make all of the endings a little dark, but the “happiest” one I’m planning so far is for “BFFs” (where Paul grants the MC her freedom).

The darkest “happy” ending will be the one where the MC becomes a vampire, for obvious reasons. And I’m kinda struggling with it right now TBH because I’ve got no idea how dark to go… As a rule of thumb, I like to keep violence “offscreen.”

Regarding the school question:

I agree homeschool would be more realistic for Samantha, and it’s something I actually considered. But in the end, I couldn’t do it to her. Rich/Paul would never hurt a kid, and that includes robbing a child of a normal life. Is that little cheesy? Sure. Does it make them less fun/dangerous? Possibly.

But kids/animals are kinda where I draw the line when it comes to horror. So Samantha has a totally normal life and is a completely happy little girl. And (as I said earlier) when the vamps get nervous that she’ll spill the beans, they’ll respectfully let her and her mother go.

Hope I haven’t ruined the vibe for anyone; I’m just not down with certain things even in horror stories…

5 Likes

Dude I can’t wait to become a vampire. And oh my god you did not just with your profile pic

2 Likes

:vampire: I’ve got you covered. Let me know if there’s anything in particular you’d like to see in that ending.

Hell yeah I did. Isn’t he glorious?

Do you need to have a good relationship with both Paul AND Rich to be considerated their family/respected?

Because my gameplay of Donor in a nutshell is this:

My Lenore: [Does something]

Rich:

My Lenore:

7 Likes

I would think that this epilogue takes place so far into the future that Richard and the MC have resolved their differences.

Your character might not fare as well in other epilogues, however. In at least one, if her relationship with Richard is bad enough, she’ll be missing an eye…

1 Like

Huh. It seems like my Lenore is ready to go on an eyepatch-shopping-spree…

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re gonna want to avoid endings #2 and #3 :grimacing:

1 Like

You have me so hyped with this book, you have no idea. It still surprises me at times that is not way more popular. I can say without doubt that this game is one of the cog games I am enjoying the most.

1 Like

Aw thank you :blush: This story certainly isn’t for everyone, but I’m so glad you’re enjoying it!

1 Like

i just read donor and am now trying to get my hands on bite.

how successful can lenore and samantha be with paul and richard long-term ? It seems like they are predators first, no matter how they may feel about you. I feel like there is a lot of room for horrible things to happen. Like when a lion kills its handler. It may have had a great relationship with its trainer, but at the end of the day a lion is a predator and things happen.

1 Like

Thanks so much for checking out the novel! :heart: The second book isn’t nearly as good IMHO, but I promise to make it available as soon as I’m finished with the CoG. If you really want a copy before then, PM me your email address and I’ll send it to you.

As for your other question…

I’m a sucker for happy endings (especially if it involves a child/animal…) so I would like to think the vamps eventually set Mommy and Samantha free. And that everyone lives happily ever after. There’s gotta be at least one universe where that happens… Right?

With that said, Paul/Rich are predators first, which is why the MC is such a nervous wreck in the epilogue. She knows it’s risky leaving her daughter with Richard, even though he’d never intentionally hurt her. :fearful:

2 Likes

So THAT’S where the epilogue’s were. I was in the achievements page trying to click them. :zipper_mouth_face:

They're all great so far but number 5...

"But Samantha didn't answer because that's when she spotted Uncle Rich coming down the hallway. And he was even sillier than Uncle Paul. And he looked just like Prince Charming. And she was going to marry him someday."

Am I going to have to fight a child? My OWN child?! Because I will. On a serious note, I love how scary that ending leaves things off compared to @Elena_H’s own thoughts on how it eventually plays out. Because compared to what’s written in the epilogue your thoughts are more happy-ever-after, haha. It’s cute, I’m a sucker for happy endings myself.

And @Elena_H the new avi is killing me.

When it's time to feed Rich:

3 Likes

I’m thinking of adding a footnote to that ending; it’s clear now that I didn’t quite hit the tone I was going for :worried:

Thanks!

5 Likes

This game is…interesting. It’s a horror CoG,which is a rare genre for them and makes it eyecatching. the claustrophobic,tense feel I get from this reminds me a lot of another WIP called ‘Monsters’(which might dead since I haven’t seen the author update in a while.

1 Like

Oh wow, it seems I have quite a lot to catch up with. I expect great (angst) to happen, though I’m not sure how well will Lenore fare in my playthrough because of basically this:

I’m curious @Elena_H, which ending was the easiest for you to write and which one do you like best?

3 Likes

Haha well, I haven’t made much progress since my last update (big project at work sucking up all my time). :weary:

But I’d say the most difficult ending so far has been the one where you turn into a vampire. There just isn’t much conflict to work with if the MC is invincible/immortal, so it’s tough to come up with a “slice of life” that feels interesting/rewarding. Blah, I’ll get there :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Huh. Then I must have been away for longer than I realized. Anyway, I am finally up-to-date and it was an enjoyable ride (Lenore surprisingly died only once … in that accursed laundry room).

Is it weird that I liked talking to Paul about his past/life? Because I did. This vampire can be cool, when he is not trying to manipulate/eat me.

Though Richard offering to buy Lenore me an apartment takes the cake. Dude didn’t even like me. Okay, he tolerated me, but Paul who I had a bloody good relationship with, didn’t even hint at the living together option.

I might need to reconsider my choice of vampire.

Speaking of endings and epilogues - can all of them be reached in the current WIP? Or are (endings especially) more like previews of what is to come?

1 Like

Lol, Paul desperately wants you to like him, even if he is planning to eat you :wink:

In the second draft, I’ll probably rework these offers to be more “relationship stat” based. Right now they’re largely dependent on saying the “right thing” during a conversation. For instance, if you want Paul to make you that offer, ask if he’s ever let anyone go after he gets on you for looking too hard at his landline in chapter 7.

All of the endings, with the exception of Rich’s Dungeon are available now in-game. Here’s how to get to all of 'em:

Iris (Death #1: The Martyr) - Refuse to go hunting with Paul in chapter 5, then fail a stats check when asking Richard to feed at the clubs instead.

Fair Compensation (Death #2: Collateral Damage) - Paul kills you while babysitting you in Chapter 6 if you say the wrong thing and your relationship stats are too low.

Final Arrangements (Death #3: Dirty Laundry) - Death in the laundry room. Fail either the laundry room game in 7a, or the hallway game in 7b.

Hope that helps!

4 Likes