Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

@Elena_H Ok, so there was something odd (or at least I think it was odd) that I think I found, and it’s actually in the earlier chapters (I think either 1 or 2?). It’s the scene where Lenore is asking about her cell phone. The first few times I played this, I didn’t have her use her phone at all during her first encounter with Rich and Paul, so when she asked Rich about whether he’d seen it or not, because it wasn’t in her purse where she’d left it, makes sense. However, during this one I actually decided to have her use her phone, and Rich snatched it out of her hands and put it in his pocket. Lenore saw him put it there. What I’m finding odd is that when she’s questioning him about her phone, she’s asking him if he’d seen her phone (since it wasn’t in her purse), instead of asking if she could have it back. Basically at this point she knows he has her phone, and instead of asking for it back she asks if he’d seen it… I don’t know about you, but that kind of seems odd…

Also on a side note, do you have any tips on how I could get rid of Charles without pissing Paul off? I really want to take Rich up on his offer!

1 Like

@VioletHikari - Ooooh good call regarding the cellphone dialog. I’ll revise. Thank you!

And to answer your other question…

!!! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT !!!

Paul’s going to try to turn Charles in chapter 8. This is where your Xanax comes in. You can successfully poison him during the turning process (and right under Paul’s nose) if you volunteer to give up all of your pills and there are enough tablets remaining for the dose to be effective. It’s a difficult ending to achieve, but doable if you aren’t a heavy Xanax user. Richard will be so impressed that he’ll keep you as a pet.

7 Likes

Thanks @Elena_H, that’s really kind of you to say :blush:

Steal away, it means I get to read more of your Donor series :smile:

2 Likes

Um, I just realized that Lenore is braless… or is she just wearing the same bra she wore when she first stepped foot into Richard’s home? Because let’s face it, if Angela’s clothes are too big, or just don’t fit right in certain places, that means that the undergarments won’t fit right either, especially the bra! I don’t know about all of you, but if a bra is too big or too small I just don’t wear it. And if I don’t have a bra on, I usually put a hoodie on over my oversized shirt. From my understanding, Lenore doesn’t have a hoodie to put over the tshirt that she is wearing. All she has as “protection” so that others won’t notice are the logos on the shirt. Honestly my fear (if I were in her shoes) would be that the logos would draw attention to the fact that I’m not wearing a bra, instead of diverting the attention. I’D HAVE A MINI ANXIETY ATTACK AT THE THOUGHT OF THREE MEN JUST STARING AT MY BOOBS!!! :scream:

3 Likes

@VioletHikari Weird timing. Would you believe I’m in the middle of a scene where Lenore’s shirt is off? I’m not kidding. :astonished:

So here’s my take: Lenore definitely has the same bra she arrived with. Is she opting to wear it everyday? Well, that’s up to the reader. And I’ll keep the writing intentionally ambiguous.

Personal TMI: The first thing I do when I get home from work is take off my bra (because I hate them!), so I don’t imagine I’d be wearing one around the house if I were in L’s shoes. Assuming Angela’s tees are baggy enough, it probably wouldn’t be noticeable if she’s small chested (like me).

If it makes you feel more comfortable, Lenore arrived at Richard’s in her favorite bra (we’ve all got one, right?), and Richard washes it regularly :smiley:

5 Likes

My Personal TMI: Pretty sure you wouldn’t be doing the same thing if you lived with your brother. The only time I can be around my apartment without my bra on is when he isn’t there, or when I’m sleeping. Otherwise I will wear my bra, or just a hoodie/jacket over my shirt. And unfortunately I don’t have small boobs (I’d say they are regular sized), but I am extremely self conscious, and I do suffer some anxiety (not as bad as Lenore). Also, knowing that Rich washes her bra… well let’s just say if it were me, I’d be washing all of my undergarments by hand! I have a hard enough time letting my mother do my undergarments, and I don’t let my brother do them at all. Honestly, the only way I would be remotely ok with Rich cleaning the panties is by convincing myself that they aren’t really mine, and even at that I would still be nervous! I think the only way I’d be ok with him doing my laundry IRL is if we were lovers, and I don’t see that happening at all… not that I wouldn’t be interested, because I would, but he just doesn’t seem like he would be interested… unless you make him :wink:. Just kidding :joy:

What, seriously?!

1 Like

@VioletHikari seriously!

And regarding your general statement above, I’m sure it does make Lenore uncomfortable that Richard’s washing her clothes, but she’d be far more uncomfortable doing it herself in the laundry room. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

True true, but she does have a bathtub she could use to clean her undergarments :grin:

1 Like

I was not sure about checking this game out. I’m glad I did it is beautifully written. The characters are interesting and well developed. Looking forward to seeing more I actually was engrossed in the story. Really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

2 Likes

@Checkmate Thank you so much for your amazing comment.:hugs: I’m thrilled that you’re enjoying the story so far!

1 Like

@Elena_H Sooooooooooooooooooooo, is flirting with Rich ever going to be an option?

2 Likes

@VioletHikari Sorry, my vamps are asexual; their only carnal drive is to kill.

A little “tension” between the MC and the vamps in this department is to be expected, however. Rich and Paul do want your body… just not in the same way you might want theirs. :wink:

5 Likes

Hey guys, chapter 7 is complete, but here’s where things get tricky. Because if you told Charles that Paul has no intention of turning him at the end of chapter 6, you’ll be skipping directly to chapter 8 (but keep in mind you can always play chapter 7 just for fun via the quickstart link).

Items of interest:

• Chapter 7 length: > 12k
  • Total content: ~64k
  • There’s a mini game in the laundry room that I expect (hope) takes a couple of tries to win. If you find yourself getting stuck/frustrated, however, PLEASE TELL ME.
  • Warning: this chapter is fairly linear due to the fact that it’s a branch, but that doesn’t mean your choices don’t matter! If you play your cards right, Paul might just offer to look the other way the next time you’re at the diner.
  • Fun fact: this chapter is the “climax” of the original novel - things progress very quickly from here on out.
  • I’ve added some placeholders in chapter 7 for those folks who would normally skip to chapter 8. Next release, I’ll probably add some nominal content in these spots (just to keep the nav headers consistent for all paths). So if you run into these placeholders, don’t be concerned.

PS - As usual, I’m still tweaking some of the stats. For now, I’ve settled on a fair math increment/decrement of 12. Let me know if it results in a smoother play-through.

8 Likes

I just played the mini game… it took me over fifteen tries before I was finally able to win. OVER FIFTEEN!!! It’s a good thing I’m very stubborn! I was just about ready to throw in the towel and ask (demand) for help. But I finally won, and don’t ask me how because I don’t remember the choices I made to finally win :sweat_smile:

Sooooooooooo, on a side note. I finally reached that scene where Lenore is topless. Didn’t realize Rich was such a perv :wink:

2 Likes

The quiz took me 10(?) Tries but I managed to beat it woooo~
But a question do we need to pick all the options and choose the right answers or is there a hidden timer?
Paul is also being sweet but he still is making me feel a feeling so complicated cause he is still a captor o.o

1 Like

@VioletHikari @cookiemonsta

I’ll update the game tonight to make it easier! Thanks for the feedback. I had no idea it was so hard :sweat:

1 Like

Well if you want my opinion, ten times were ok for me :sweat_smile:

Also

You’re hands. They’re freezing

Your lol

2 Likes

@cookiemonsta ugh I don’t know what I’d do without you…

Will post an update when the changes are complete.

I think the choices have to be made in a certain order or something.

1 Like

@VioletHikari No timer, no forced order. I’ll write out the algorithm later when I’m back on my machine (typing from my phone)

2 Likes