Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

Missing I’m

2 Likes

1 thing I noticed though, in the earlier chapters if you want a good relationship with Paul you have to take a lot of Xanax. Paul seems to like a strong MC that isn’t scared and stands up for herself while Richard seems to be the opposite and likes a scared character who stutters.
Could taking it affect your ending later and make you more addicted or something? I didn’t see a stat of the total Xanax taken through the game

2 Likes

Richard glowers menacingly at you. And the number I was thinking of was 1! But don’t worry, Lenore, we’re going with the best 29 out of 57." He closes his eyes. “I’m thinking of a number between one and ten…”

This doesn’t look right :joy:

1 Like

I freaking love this game! In chapter 5 Richard becomes more likeable, which I didn’t think was possible.

I love chapter 5, but it seemed like all of the results end the same way, and that’s fine, but I would not do it too many times because people will feel like you’re railroading them.

2 Likes

Ooooh great catch @Phoenix_Wolf. I’ll correct it!

Oh shit! Because the title wasn’t changed I didn’t noticed you updated part of chapter 5! Well, it comes perfectly handy for my coffee break :coffee:

1 Like

So without giving too much away…

I’m going to keep a tally of total Xanax you’ve taken throughout the story. If you have enough remaining, you’ll be able to achieve a certain ending. But in the meantime, it’s going to affect your dialogue choices and relationship stats - I’ll also change certain descriptions based on how much you’ve taken (just haven’t gotten there yet).

You’re totally right, btw - Paul likes a strong character and Rich is exactly the opposite. If you’re in the same room with both of them, you need do some thinking about how you respond.

You’re also right about it being more of a factor in the earlier chapters. I’ve been trying to go lighter on the Xanax mechanic as the game progresses because 1. I didn’t want it to feel repetitive, and 2. You’ve have more important decisions to make as your life is in increasing danger.

Let me know if that answers your questions, and thanks again for reading! :smiley:

2 Likes

@Meira_Litch you’re right! Don’t know how I missed that. Updating the title now…

1 Like

@cookiemonsta yeah, it starts looking really ridiculous. The calculation, however, is correct in each case (pretty sure it is, anyway). If you actually made it through all 50 rounds, kudos - you’re a trooper!

Thanks @Victoriya!

Originally, I was going to split the ending of chapter 5 a bit more on whether you were willing to hunt with Paul. And now that you’ve said something, I think I’ll go back and revise.

Richard does still have to agree to feed at the club, however. There’s unfortunately no way around that as far as the arc of the story goes.

Really appreciate the feedback! Thanks so much for reading :smiley:

Richard glowers menacingly at you. And the number I was thinking of was 1! But don’t worry, Lenore, we’re going with the best 29 out of 57." He closes his eyes. “I’m thinking of a number between one and ten…”

I meant to say that there are no " after "and the number I was thinking I just had woke up tho and my brain couldn’t describe it lol

1 Like

So excited for this update!

1 Like

Hmm but in the first choice it doesn’t matter how much you take cause Lenore will eventually take all 8 anyway.
By the way you can choose your fear but it still says your fear is acrophobia in some places even if you chose something else

1 Like

@cookiemonsta you rock! Thank you so much for pointing that out! I never would’ve noticed :stuck_out_tongue:

@leo thanks! I hope you like it!

1 Like

@Frogs

1. You’re right, the amount you take in chapter 1 won’t affect the story. She has to take all of it so that she can go into withdrawal in chapter 2. Once Paul’s given you the 180 pills, though, I’m going to keep count from there.

2. I should’ve made this clearer… the fear you choose in chapter 1 is the source of your agoraphobia. People are agoraphobic for several different reasons (my best friend, for instance, is agoraphobic, and his fears are extremely unique to him, if that makes sense). I’ll make this clearer in chapter 1, though - now that you’ve mentioned it, and I’ve read it over, I see where it might be confusing for the reader.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

3 Likes

I really enjoyed the new content, I’m glad both Richard and Paul like me enough so I don’t get killed even if I refuse to go hunting :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks @Meira_Litch! The matter might not be completely resolved for Paul though :wink:

1 Like

The moment Lenore refused to hunt for victims and said that she would ‘‘talk it over’’ with Richard was such an anxious moment for me, lol. I was already predicting how badly THAT was going to end; however, I was as flabbergasted as Paul, when Richard had ,actually, agreed to go club hunting as an alternative. Richard and Paul can be such unpredictable b̶a̶s̶t̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ characters. :hugs:

2 Likes

@Lea_I I’m so glad you enjoyed it! And I’m glad that you got Rich to agree (he will kill you if he doesn’t like your justification) :wink:

1 Like