Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

yeah no the error is making a liar out of me xD

I’m in angie’s room, chapter 2, had just decided to try and break out and was headed for the door, and then i clicked on stats

I just went back to try and replicate the error and it didn’t work, so idk how/why it happened but the stats screen and the option to cancel minigames is working again, so heres hoping it’s gone for good? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah that definitely sounds like a caching issue to me.

Thanks so much getting back to me, though :heart:, and do please let me know if it pops up again!

1 Like

@Elena_H
In chapter 10, if I chose to kill both Charles and Richard, while Richard is distracted, shouldn’t I be able to grab the silver dagger off Charles?

1 Like

@Elena_H Knowing there’s an update is an absolute killer. I need to be studying for my exam, not trying to unsuccessfully bond with Richard and Paul.

The tension between the main cast is as delicious as always.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, that did occur to me, but I felt like he’d notice you grabbing the dagger off Charles (since he’s laser-focused on him at the time). After rereading the scene, however, you’re right; Charlie drops his weapon on the ground. There’s no reason you couldn’t pick it up.

:thinking: Now I just need to decide whether I want to change that (make it impossible for you to get his dagger) or allow it ('cuz the “kill all 3 vamps” ending is only available if you took out Charles in the previous chapter anyway). I think I’m going to allow it. :smiley:

Thanks so much for pointing that out!

2 Likes

LOL, best of luck with your exam!

2 Likes

In chapter 2.

“It’s going to be okay, Oliver” you whisper. “You’re going to be okay.”

Add a comma after the bolded word.

Couldn’t the MC not kill Charles in the previous chapter and still get the “kill all the vamps” ending anyway? Since Charles can be dead in chapter 10, whether you killed him by Xanax poisoning or by Silver.

1 Like

Great question, I’m still working through all of the details, but here’s how I see it playing out (don’t read unless you really want to know, etc, etc):

If you kill both Richard and Charles, Paul’s going to be pissed. And he’s going to want revenge. In order to take him out, you’ll need the silver powder. But you’ll have used it up taking out Charles and Richard in chapter 9.

The only way to make it to Paul with the silver powder still intact is to select the “cover myself with silver” option after killing Charles in the previous chapter. You can then take out Richard (sorta by accident, although I might rework the text to make it more intentional) when he gets some of it in his eye as you attempt to run out the door (again, this scenario only plays out if Charles is already dead). If you stab him with the dagger after that (assuming you have it), you’ve successfully killed him and Charlie - all that’s left is to finish Paul off with the silver.

Incidentally, if you’re on better terms with Paul in chapter 11 (you haven’t killed his two BFFs), you can still kill him using your own blood via the “drink the silver” option in chapter 10 ('cuz he’ll be taking you over to the diner to talk things out).

Meh, that’s my mental rough draft, anyway :stuck_out_tongue: Hope it made sense!

4 Likes

ooooooor

OR

hear me out

you can go for the bffs ending :wink:

1 Like

Is is possible to take out both Rich and Paul but leave Charles alive? Maybe decide to go back after helping Charles with Rich?
Because as nice as Paul is sometimes, he still kills people for fun when he already has plenty of food from the club. Also just a bad mood away from murdering the MC, but mostly the first thing. Charles … doesn’t quite deserve it. Yet. We’ll see what his meal plan is.

If not, I’m just going to headcanon Paul as her first job.

1 Like

There is always that :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately, that option is not available in-game, but - as you already mentioned - it’s very likely that she and Charles will come back for Paul later.

So true… :unamused: Although I have to imagine if the MC and Charles do go after Paul, he’d be genuinely surprised that they wanted to kill him. He honestly thought you all were friends.

1 Like

Was glad to see this still ticking along, looks like it’s getting close to finished :grin:. Just a few comments about the “game” with Charles.
(Spoilers under the summary tag for anyone who hasn’t played this part yet.)

Summary

I seemed to hit an intermittent error (happened twice) where Charles attacked me even though I should have been in the green patience wise I think? (Sorry not sure why this is, but here’s a screenshot of the second time it happened.)

Perhaps add that you can’t let Charles get to comfortable either? (I thought on the first round I just couldn’t let his patience run out, but too much also triggers him to attack.)

1 Like

@Jacic I’m so glad you’re still reading! :relaxed:

For the game with Charles, if the time (Minutes Remaining) goes to zero OR he loses patience, he’s going to attack.

I need to do a better job of explaining the mechanic for that one (it’s akin to the game in 7b where you have to stay a safe distance from Richard, except the “distance” in this case is “minutes”). :confused:

UGH and I see a bug where you’re getting a “-1” on minutes remaining, which I didn’t think could happen :woman_facepalming:

Can you believe that I write code for a living???

:heart::heart::heart: Thank you sooooo much for the extremely helpful feedback!!! :heart::heart::heart:

I’ll revise it tonight.

2 Likes

Oh! That makes perfect sense now :slight_smile:.

Sorry forgot to mention that. That only happened once as well. The other times it seemed fine.

Actually, yes I would :smile:. You’ve done a really original thing with the coding of all these mini games.

3 Likes

Now I’ve just got to get it to make perfect sense in the game :thinking:

You are much too kind. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

pls tell me charles faces karma for killing you in his death end? i could play it myself but i can’t bring myself to do that to poor lenore xD

1 Like

@Imogen_Crusader You can find out what happens to Charles in the “A Stunning Conversation Piece” epilogue, avail via the stats screen :relaxed:

First off, can I just say wow? This game is really great, and I had a lot of fun with it! It’s amazing how you managed to get me to like all the characters despite what they all put poor Lenore through. I definitely liked Richard more than Paul though, Paul felt way more dangerous with his seemingly fake nice guy act.

I loved the minigames as well, even though I kind of sucked at them. The ones where you had to balance two stats, like keeping Paul entertained while watching your heartbeat and keeping Rich at a distance were really clever. I died a lot, so I’m very grateful that you eventually offered an instant win button. I highly appreciated that. :smile:

I do want to ask though, do you still accept feedback for the earlier chapters? I think I saw some things worth pointing out, but I’m worried it might be too late to really comment on them.

Given though, I played the game during an insomnia filled night so I might be mixing playthroughs up, I’ll be sure to check.

Thank you for writing such an excellent game! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think, for a breif flickering moment, i actually felt bad for charles. But it does confirm my suspicion that richard lowkey loves lenore, platonically or otherwise.

after all, you don’t kill and mount the head of a simple donors murderer, thats clearly something personal

So glad for that handy little epilpgue button tbh, that ending was 500% worth the read. Also, why doea richard only have female donors anyways!? :joy:

1 Like