Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

Just curious, when this game is finished, will you tell us how the original game ended? (I think you said it’s no longer in print now?)

4 Likes

No such thing as headcanon in an infinite universe :wink: If you can imagine it, it’s canon :relaxed:

1 Like

oh great, so then richard and paul accidentally ended up with a child who knew too much about their life but was like, five years old, so they ended up being pseudo uncles

…look i never said my ideas weren’t cheesy, i just really liked what i saw in uncle rich’s dingeon ending okay? ;-;

1 Like

Actually, I republished the original novel on Amazon (free for kindle unlimited), and also made it avail via a direct download link for those who don’t have kindle unlimited (links in the description up top). The sequel, Bait, is still unavailable, however; I was never happy with it and would like a chance to revise the MS before releasing it back out into the wild.

Note: If anyone simply must read the Bait before I get a chance to make those edits, PM me and I’ll send you a copy.

As for how the original novel ends, I’m happy to tell you right now. :relaxed:

Don't read unless you really want to know:

In the book, Lenore conspires with Richard to murder Charles when Paul attempts to turn him, but the plot fails. Fully turned, Charles comes to confront Lenore while Richard’s out of the apartment (after having pilfered Paul’s set of keys). He’s just about to kill her when Richard unexpectedly returns. The two men start fighting, and Lenore uses the momentary distraction to her advantage; she throws a vial of finely ground silver into the air (nail file + Mrs. Grayson’s watch), immediately disabling the vampires.

Then she runs out of the basement, only to be tracked down by Paul soon afterward. He informs her that Charles is dead (Charlie inhaled the powdered silver and died coughing up blood), and that half of Richard’s face is missing (along with one of his eyes). Paul offers to protect Lenore from Richard’s wrath if she (you guessed it) finally agrees to hunt with him. It’s strongly implied that she does (and confirmed in the sequel, Bait).

I hope no one interprets this as the “right” way to navigate the game, however. Loooots of different ways the story can end, all of them (hopefully) satisfying.

8 Likes

It’s my favorite ending too :wink:

psh definately not how i navigated the game. It’s actually alot more fun to read Donor once you’ve played the game and know how the choices affect the characters disposition, so that even if it’s not obvious in the narrative, you know richard is quietly grinding his teeth at lenore’s bs xD

also nice to know i’m not alone in the uncle richard camp like seriously, trying to fight the muse for a second (equally awful) fanfic around that premise. e.e

1 Like

I read your fanfic and it was GREAT. I’m looking forward to more!

2 Likes

Headcanon that’s canon (somewhere in an alternate universe): Charles loves lettuce. I will refer to Charles as lettuce boy from now on.

2 Likes

BWAHAHA I almost spit out my coffee

I have a question that’s kind of spoilery.

Will lettuce boy be around when Samantha is born? Will Samantha even know who he was? I don’t remember the epilogue mentioning him.

1 Like

By the time Samantha’s born, lettuce boy’s probably long gone. He’s either died or been turned. And if it’s the latter, he wouldn’t stick around; he secretly hates Paul and Rich.

3 Likes

WAIT A SEC

charles hates paul? Like that kinda suprises me considering how much paul treats him like family, but maybe i’m missing something that would explain it?

2 Likes

Paul and Richard kill everyone that Charles gets close to. Take Deirdre, for example. Even though Paul didn’t actually kill her, he definitely let it happen.

Furthermore, Charles realized a long time ago that Paul and Richard had no intention of turning him (yeah, I know it happens in the story, but it wasn’t exactly planned), and that they’d eventually kill him. Yes, Paul cares about Charles (for realz), but he has no qualms about using him as bait, toying with him (he’ll force Charles to participate in dinner theater if you select that option), or threatening his life. It’s an abusive relationship, and one that Charles isn’t free to leave. Over time, how could he not grow to hate Paul?

7 Likes

OMG U CAN PULL CHARLES INTO DINNER THEATRE!?

But yeah, in hindsight i can def see how that might be the case, tbh, i’ve actually never seen the ‘evil’ side of the vamps. Like my Lenore is usually super behaved and obediant the only exception being hunting which she faked sick to get out of so i’ve not seen much of the more abusive side of the vamps

Like granted they threaten to eat me alot, but like, after lenore has been with them for 6 months and the non tattling to charles’ laundry room route they’re threats to eat me are starting to feel like terms of affection xD

2 Likes

You sure can. In chapter 4, select the “I’ll pick a number if Charles plays.” option :smiley:

1 Like

omg that’s so evil i love it

1 Like

so i just did it, it was worth the recalcitrance (i play a v obediant lenore xD) and the fact rihard likes you even more for doing it is just, omg xD

anyways, sorry, i just, had to post about that, i’ll shut up now >///>

1 Like

@Imogen_Crusader Welcome to the dark side :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

my people <3

3 Likes

he secretly hates Paul and Rich.

secretly

Sure%2C%20Jan

8 Likes