Does anyone imagine a soundtrack for their story?

To stop music:

*script audioElement.stop()

To start music:

*script audioElement.play()

audioElement is a reference to your html element - if you don’t know how to reference it, I suggest you drop the idea or go read some HTML/js tutorials.

So @P0RT3R

If I’m understanding you (and w3schools) correctly we could paste this code:

<html> 
<body> 
<audio id="audio1">
  <source src="coolaudio.mp3" type="audio/mp3">
  <source src="coolaudio.ogg" type="audio/ogg">
</audio>
<script> 
var myAudio=document.getElementById("audio1"); 

function playAud()
  { 
  myAudio.play(); 
  } 

function pauseAud()
  { 
  myAudio.pause(); 
  } 
</script> 
</body> 
</html>

in our index.html file we should then theoretically be able to load up a track and be able activate and pause it whenever we would like by simply inputting “playAud()” to play the track and “pauseAud()” to pause it. Am I understanding correctly?

I have no idea :l

Only one way to find out. Someome has to be the guinea pig and i vote not me

@that1german
Lol xD

@everyone
I’d test it out but I’d have no idea how to fix the coding errors that would undoubtedly come.

Do I imagine a soundtrack to my games?.. Is it normal not to??

For my Castaway one
The Police - Message in a Bottle
Steve Miller - Jungle Love
Bad Company - Seagull
The Eagles - Hotel California
Gary Hoey - Gonzo Guru

Yea I imagine this song called
Dealt ray -Bottom of the river

@Doctor, you have no idea how happy I am to see someone else’s list that has music I’ve heard of.

As for my own works, I usually listen to Slipknot, Korn and Chevelle when writing battle scenes for Demons Among Men, and Birdy, Chvrches, and Gorillaz when writing character interaction.

When writing Kepler, I usually listen to Linkin Park, Pendulum, and 30 Seconds to Mars.

I have a lot of music I listen to, some for specific characters I write, some for certain scenes…

Gravity - Wolf’s Rain
Shiro Long Tails - Wolf’s Rain
Eclipse of Time - Lost Odyssey
Kaette Kuru Kitto (Instrumental, unless you want Japanese lyrics) - Lost Odyssey
Broken Crown - Mumford and Sons
Thistle and Weeds - Mumford and Sons
I gave you all - Mumford and Sons
Nothing Left to Say - Imagine Dragons
Friends - Wolf’s Rain
Somnus Nemoris
Strangers - Wolf’s Rain
The Pure Ones - Celldweller
Where Nobody Goes - Jonsi
Somewhere Only We Know - Lily Allen

My I could sit here all day sharing my playlist: It helps me a lot when it comes to inspiration!

I moved 11 posts to a new topic: New Music and New Bands?

No music, just ambient sounds to boost immersion.

I thought about music for my game but have opted for sound effects instead. I love music while writing, but find it a destruction while reading.

Yeah, music and reading a book or cog at the same time is horrible,

@P0RT3R
The pause button is a wonderful thing.

I usually find myself either picking songs that fit with that I’m writing. I have huge lists of 'this is written with this song, or this character is designed with this/these images. (Not so much my games though strangely enough, but I think that’s because for me a lot of writing CS is game first), but I also sometimes compose a few beat myself out of scraps on something like www.Ujam.com (All shitty electronic crap done in a couple hours at tops that I wouldn’t want to post).