Diaspora - Updated 12 February 2024 [First Draft Complete!]

I really loved the character interactions you guys have. They’re adorable and a lot of them are pretty heartwarming. Aisling and Cormac come off as young and trying to figure their places, and I hope players get the chance to help them. Honestly, interaction with those two was my favorite part. I tried to be diplomatic, friendly and persuasive and came out with 3 strength, 4 dexterity, 5 intelligence and 4 charisma. (Hope that helps!)

4 Likes

A good, intriguing story with natural and fun to read character interaction as well as polish that most WIP lack.
The fact that I was too engrossed to even bother checking the stats is enough to tell me that I found something good, one of the most well-written WIP I’ve come across by far.
Looking forward to this.

5 Likes

This dope, keep it up

3 Likes

The characters are so well fleshed out. And that’s crazy considering there are only 2 chapters written.

3 Likes

Relly good keep it up

3 Likes

For some reason, whenever Daghan comes up I immediately think of Guldan. I have no idea why

Just a reminder, guys, we’re hoping to get some feedback on where your stats ended up, in terms of conversational skills (diplomacy, intimidation, intuition), your relations with other characters (friendship and agree/disagree) and also your base stats (Str/Dex/Int/Cha).

It’ll help us get a sense of what the average player’s stats are going to be going into chapter 3, so we can better set the difficulty for skill checks going ahead. Of course, we’re also just curious about everyone’s experiences, so sharing anything about yours is more than welcome.

Hope you guys have enjoyed the interlude. Chapter 3 is fully outlined and in progress.

4 Likes

Screenshot_2017-08-17-19-35-06[1]
@AugustArria @Jaybirdy Let’s see: Deaman is reaaally easy going, he’s got a hell of a silver tongue, and enough strength to lift an axe and throw it, but not to do much else. He uses humor to defuse tense situations and to deflect tough questions (though people keep wanting to know what he really thinks, with him being the next head of the clan and all that, so those times he answers honestly). Hm, he’s very curious and social, and loves to be in the limelight.

Screenshot_2017-08-17-19-35-18[1]

He loves Mom and trusts her decision to get away from their former home. He’s a flirt with Aisling and trusts she can handle her magic, and that she doesn’t need someone babysitting her all the time. Cormac is his bro, he cares about him a lot. Daghan; he has all the respect for him, and everytime he gets an amused response from him, he counts it as a win. I see they seem to pretty much agree, although MC told him either they change the way they do things, or they’re dead.

Screenshot_2017-08-17-19-35-30[1]

Pan is interesting and has a sense of humor, but they didn’t immediately hit it off because Deaman didn’t allow them to board his ship, choosing to go to neutral ground instead. Pity. Izzy is funny and clever, stuff my MC respects and likes; also, he believes everyone should be their own person, so they understand each other. Sangarinus; Deaman doesn’t have much opinion about him.

I think the stats are accurate. Hope it helps :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

This is awesome and super helpful; thank you so much! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my…
You have something very special here.

Let me preface this by explaining that my usual preferences when creating MCs are delicate magical goddess/empressesque figures, i.e. creatures of beauty and the esoteric, and yet here I begin as an extremely earthly, (and earthy), warrior, and I have never been more pleased.

While I do have a dear fondness for many stories, there are but a handful where my heart is fully invested–Diaspora has now cleaved right through that velvet rope and captured my imagination with such vim and vigor to earn my deep reverence. I eagerly await this story’s future and infinitely more Pan banters.

You must know, the prose is wondrously tangible, it feels grounded and close–real and vital–and I may never be able to express how wholeheartedly I appreciate being allowed the bonding moments to all the family and clan rather than being forced into the dreaded time management lock, whereupon we can only visit with one or two souls before inexplicably being sent to bed. For shunning that mechanic alone you deserve all the applause.

My Character Stats

7 Likes

My character stats.

3 Likes

I forgot to get the relationships

3 Likes

I really like the game so far. Will write more about it later, for now here are my stats:

ice_screenshot_20170818-231802

2 Likes

Thanks muchly, guys; this is all really great information. Chapter 3 is officially started; we’ll keep you in the loop as we go.

6 Likes

Good news, everyone!

I got with the program and y’all should now be able to save your games as you go. Considering how long this is getting and going to be, we figured you’d like the option.

13 Likes

Yeay, finally.
A save system.

About time I need it :frowning_face:

I can’t decide between Aisling and Izzy! Leaning towards Aisling, but being her master does complicate things…

2 Likes

I didn’t interpret it as master so much as bodyguard/chauffeur. We are responsible for her wellbeing as well as keeping her from harming others. So while she is entitled to heed our advice I think she is considered her own free person.

6 Likes

The aisling romance could use a little more feedback, on none of the flirt options I’ve used did she really seem to respond. I can’t tell if she’s shy, hesitant because of her social situation, or just not interested, until Izzy said Aisling has a thing for the PC.

Considering she is the PC’s ward, I really think it would be better to establish that the attention is something she doesn’t have a problem with beforehand

2 Likes

I interpreted it as she’s shy and hesitant, some of the subtle signs of “affection” were there based on your flirts. She’d probably be more forthcoming to another woman and someone who’s been friendly to her. I’ve been satisfied with the relationship.

8 Likes