Diaspora - Updated 12 February 2024 [First Draft Complete!]

I audibly gasped at the end of the new content…
I :heart: Sang so hard. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Who is chrysanthe? My MC haven’t met this character yet.

I just read through the Sang part. Thank you!! You actually had me squealing , my cat was quiet scandalised xD
It was wonderful.

Like already said I also had met the horses and he introduced me again.

4 Likes

Gotta say this is one of my favorite WIP’s so far. Really enjoyed reading your work. Writing was well done, topic was absorbing and character interactions were unique. Also seeing some Turkish names like Özdemir and Sevgili definitely piqued my interest since i am a fellow Turkish and i am really curious about the reason behind them. I will keep an eye on this beauty from now on.

Keep up the good work and stay safe. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oh Sang, never knew he could be that…touching, who else got into a relationship with their bharda :smiley::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Anyone know what eyeteeth are?

Keep it coming! Awesome story.

1 Like

Eyeteeth are the canine teeth, especially the ones in the upper jaw

This game is amazing. Please keep up the great work.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness this was INTENSE
And AMAZING i honestly didnt expect it to be this long when i clicked into the demo but i am grateful!!

It has everything from politics to indigenous/colonizer relations to magic to pirates to treasure to grey morality and more AND WOW how did y’all fit all that into there?? Honestly its INSANE. And i love how we get to spend time with each member of the crew :blush::blush: i feel like a lot of other CoGs just let you spend time with your love interest, but having more time for my friends too really made this experience more real and hit me harder UGH i love my crewww :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Thanks so much for making this amazing world!! i honestly have NO idea about what to do alliance-wise, and thats great because I think thats what real international relations might look like LOLL

I cant wait to buy the complete game!

12 Likes

Damn, this has been the best demo I’ve seen. Super long, well developed, it felt like a full professional game. I really hope you continue to update this

17 Likes

simply fantastic, please continue to update! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There’s something weirdly satisfying about finding typos. I should have been a copy editor.

In case you were wondering how the jump-forward thing is working, here, have a character that I started playing at chapter 8.

Start of chapter 8 stats

Summary

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 2.24.09 PM

End of interlude 8 stats

Summary

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 4.45.40 PM

Character created just so I’d have an Iskendi allied Sang RO save file. I look forward to feeling terrible if he has to fight his aunt.

2 Likes

What would be the repercussions of allying with the empire? Will the Magnus clan become vassals, Trade partners, simple alliance, or outright subjects? I’m having a hard time choosing between the Iskendi and the empire.

Hi Tloc!

The answer to that question is dependent on how things go in the game! Outright vassalage isn’t likely to happen as such; but you could end up being more or less a paid auxiliary navy, allied traders, or other things in the neighborhood. It is unlikely the Empire as a whole will ever view the Cine as their equals, but most of them won’t have anything to do with the Clan, so arguably it’s how the local area that’s Tarracina and surroundings feels about it that’s really at issue. And that can certainly vary with player choice and checks and so on. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

This reminds me of the Byzantine Empire and the Kiev Rus (in the Crimea) who were hired as the Elite guards for the Emperor/Empress …

Great world-building as always.

8 Likes

Jesus what a ride! Keep up the good work and looking forward for the final release.

7 Likes

This is one of my favorites WIP. The characters are endearing and carefully well written, the story flows and it’s immersive. I can’t wait to see it finished and buy it to play it, repeatedly. :rofl:

11 Likes

I must also add that I really like how you structured the combat scenes, with the double stat check to improve variety and spice things up.

But I’d like for wounds to leave a more impactful mark on us. Not necessarily a crippling one, but a visible scar on our forearm could make some flavor text and prompt reaction from onlookers.

I’ve got injured pretty badly in the fight against the Valvaran but after few days everything was gone.

And yes, I’d like to slap in the face of Sang the beating I took for him in our fight against his ex comrade. lol

7 Likes

Ok… this game is dope and you’re doing well…But I think you can make it better by:

1. Making the plot a little bit straightforward instead of beating around the bush…so far all I have seen is the adventures of the PC which just goes on and on…it would be better if you can focus a little bit on the clan. (E.g is the clan going to war, or are we just going to read 20 chapters of the PCs adventure?)
  2. It would be nice if you can improve the stats page e.g add a health bar, a bar to view village and crew more, somewhere to monitor clan resources and defence, a bar to monitor crew discipline…etc
3 Likes