Diaspora - Updated 12 February 2024 [First Draft Complete!]

Gah—line breaks are a pain. I never know where I need to code them in and where actual spacing in the code is sufficient. Thanks for finding these, though. We really appreciate even the little error things like that, since obviously quick/randomtest doesn’t flag them.

Also, glad you enjoyed the update!

1 Like

Oh no my poor heart. Is Pan’s route going to be all that starcrossed or is it just them being dramatic

I did enjoy the casualness and the tidbits of insight into the culture. I’m very much looking forward to how the issue of the Iskendi will be resolved considering that bombshell of info that was revealed! The set up for the conflict so far looks good though :>

2 Likes

Hey… don’t encourage me! :wink:

2 Likes

Weeellll… that might depend on certain player choices. I will say that depending on how overall relations with the other major players in the area go, how a PC’s relationship with Pan will go varies. As, perhaps, one might expect.

And thanks for the feedback. We’re hoping the upcoming tension will be worthwhile. We’re definitely trying to balance the options, too, so that there are pros and cons with any choice the player could conceivably make.

2 Likes

I just discovered this work and it is brilliant. This reminds me of Expeditions:Vikings and the Great Whale Road. Consider me hooked and subscribed to your progress :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yay, it’s back! :smiley: Love the interlude!
Wow, Izzy is not at all who I thought she was… very interesting. I feel like she will be trouble in the future. I said I’d only help her if I could do so without damaging our relationship with Castulia, but if it comes down to it, my MC will probably stand by her anyway. Oh, and we can kiss her already!! She’s the only one we can so far, right?
I love Pan! My MC got along with them like a house on fire. And Sang is so endearing! I thought I was set for Cormac, but now I’m falling for them all :joy: How much trouble will I be in if I flirt with everyone? lol

About that last scene, my MC is not at all happy about being asked to act as a spy. Backstabbing is so not his thing. But we’ll see how well that goes :joy:

Here's what I found wrong:

Though the walk takes you first to the harbor itself, where you exit through the gate, the three of you are able to navigate without much trouble out onto the nearby beach.
happens when it’s just me and Cormac

Pan’s playstyle is aggressive, but you have the sense that they’re telegraphing their strategy a little more than they usually would—all part of the explanation, no doubt. Thy sweep one of your cavalry units off the board.
when asking about the Cymbeline

2 Likes

That was quite the update, guys. I’m so glad you’re working so hard on this WIP. As for the story, I really like you didn’t drag the visit to Tarracina more than it was necessary. You know how much to give us just to keep people interested in knowing more about the world you’ve put together, without dumping a lot of information over our heads.

Spending time with the crew and with the guys from the Empire is really interesting, and something I’m always looking forward to. Izzy’s past had my MC hanging over her every word. And getting to know a little more about Sangarinus was nice --how protective he got with Pan when he thought the MC was making fun of them. I approve.

I’m eager to meet the pirate clan (Iskandi? The name escapes me right now, sorry). I think they’ll have more in common with the Cine than the Empire has as of now, though I’m sure their overly destructive ways will end up clashing with the Maghnus one way or another.

I can’t get enough of Pan, I could hear them talk forever :relieved:

My favorite part of the update:

"Don’t have too much fun?" you ask, arching a brow.

Pan’s eyes warm with humor, though they don’t quite outright laugh. "On the contrary–learn to have fun even when everything’s burning down around you. It’s all ashes in the end, regardless."

Two sentences in, and you know everything you need to know about the Sage :clap:t2: (Also, they’re totally right).

7 Likes

@pimenita - please use spoilers to hide things not everyone has seen yet… or maybe put it in a hide details option.

3 Likes

Thanks muchly for the feedback as usual, guys. You’re awesome and we really love hearing from you.

In that vein… August and I were discussing some longer-term plans for the game today, and one of the things we’ve decided to do is provide the PC with a sort of conditional matchmaking opportunity. That is, an opportunity to encourage two of the NPCs in forming a relationship, if the PC isn’t involved with either of them. We’re pretty sure that we want one of these parties to be Izzy, and that the other should be one of her new clan-mates, but we can’t decide which. So naturally, we decided to poll y’all.

We only want there to be one, and we’d like to keep it the same across playthroughs, since it’s largely going to be a matter of NPC personalities, which don’t change the same way the PC’s personality can.

So, question: were we to write this into the game, should the potential NPC romance be Izzy and Aisling or Izzy and Cormac?

3 Likes

The selfish part in me says “definitely Cormac”, since my Mc is decidedly gunning for Aisling. :wink:

4 Likes

Well currently my MC is trying to have a relationship with Aisling so most definitely should try pairing up with Izzy with Cormac. However, there may be some people that may be interested in Izzy or Cormac as a RO. What I think you should try is this.

Romance Aisling: Pair up Izzy and Cormac
Romance Izzy: Pair up Aisling and Cormac
Romance Cormac: Pair up Aisling and Izzy

5 Likes

Izzy and Cormac…

1 Like

But what if you are not romancing neither of them? :thinking:

Maybe a random variable in that case…?

#TeamSang

“Hey, Aisling, Cormac. I have something to ask, and I need both of you for it…”

Uuuuh, love is in the… ship :laughing:

At least we already have the boat for the “tunnel of love” thing…

I gotta say. Whether or not they accept Izzy’s proposition, that’s going to be one awkward boat ride.

I’m picking for Cormac and Izzy because good lord. I can see the possible banter already and it looks good

And I do think the possibility of romance for the two of them would definitely contribute to who they are as characters — Izzy being Cormac’s rock when self doubt creeps in with her usual wit, and Cormac is 100% ride or die which I think Izzy definitely would need

I also like the possibility of conflict for Daghan and Cormac regarding his romance with Izzy. Generally looks good ovo/

(Also the idea of Izzy chewing out the eye candy and Cormac being more than willing to show off should be comedy gold for a long suffering MC)

3 Likes

I’m all about subtext, and when Izzy is talking about Aisling to the MC and she calls the Bharda “a pretty thing” I started shipping them both. And because I like the idea of an unkowing Aisling crushing hard on the MC while someone else is having a crush on her. Yes, I know it’s a cliche, but I’m trash.

I would like to see how you guys handle this, though. This conflict has so much drama potential that Blue might have convinced me.

5 Likes

Oh, Izzy and Cormac!

@Jaybirdy may i ask what type of date you use, is Month.day.Year or Day.Month.Year is confusing nowadays in the fórums…